The Decline of Friendship

Edd13

When I think of Pokemon, I think about friends hanging out and battling, trading and having a great time discussing general aspects of the game.

However, PRO is different

Because it is an MMO, it is open to everybody. And this makes fro a fantastic mix in community so we get so many points of view in one place.

But when it comes down to abuse, it makes me want to just log off. Now I'm not some little kid whinging about my problems, I'm 23.

I'm also unemployed and have very little in my life that I really enjoy. I cant afford a 3DS or ORAS but i still try and keep up with what is happening in the world of Pokemon. So when I discovered this MMO i was blown away but how it was put together, I love it, its just how I would have made it. I don't know anyone else who plays this game so I have to learn all the differences as I go along and one thing is the internal marketplace. I have no idea of value and people treat me like scum when I try to sell pokemon to make some money. I'm not trying to scam people, I just don't know value.

In short what I'm trying to say is that I think we should all be kinder and just help our brothers and sisters along, we are a community not round in the Hunger Games.

Most of the community is extremely friendly. I'm sorry you have had to interact with the very small minority of people who only use people to gain for themselves. I suggest while you are new and don't know prices have people offer for your Pokemon or items instead of putting prices on them yourself.

Brad.gif

IMO: Pro has one of THE best gaming communities with probably THE most dedicated team of staff I've ever seen, sad to say that you've seen the bad side of the community which every game has, but honestly the game is extremely friendly and majority of the people are approachable, I'm sorry that you're not enjoying how you're being treated currently, but I hope you see a brighter side shortly, good luck bro, and you're most welcome to friend me. :Grin: :Smile:

Back again ~ I swear its the last time.

[MEDIA=imgur]a/VddScya[/MEDIA]

Sorry you had bad experience with some people, however I suggest you next time you encounter them, take screenshots of the chats and report them.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

197812 When I think of Pokemon, I think about friends hanging out and battling, trading and having a great time discussing general aspects of the game.

However, PRO is different

Because it is an MMO, it is open to everybody. And this makes fro a fantastic mix in community so we get so many points of view in one place.

But when it comes down to abuse, it makes me want to just log off. Now I'm not some little kid whinging about my problems, I'm 23.

I'm also unemployed and have very little in my life that I really enjoy. I cant afford a 3DS or ORAS but i still try and keep up with what is happening in the world of Pokemon. So when I discovered this MMO i was blown away but how it was put together, I love it, its just how I would have made it. I don't know anyone else who plays this game so I have to learn all the differences as I go along and one thing is the internal marketplace. I have no idea of value and people treat me like scum when I try to sell pokemon to make some money. I'm not trying to scam people, I just don't know value.

In short what I'm trying to say is that I think we should all be kinder and just help our brothers and sisters along, we are a community not round in the Hunger Games.

Hi, I will suggestion you look around and know about stuff thing like ev and iv first and then see aroudn market about price, so you will get the general view about price. Also you can feel free to ask price check in all chat anytime or pm any staff for asking about it. I will always around there if you need in-game or in forum. Hope you have great time in PRO. Don't worry, you will have good time and if anyone harrasment. Take all picture and report them, staffs will make the justice. Thank you!

The internet in itself is a hostile place. It has developed worse over the years; yet that is not to say there are all bad people. In my opinion, more and more people are standing up for themselves in all the wrong ways and it becomes a constant nitpick at eachother through extreme and unnecessary measures. There are very few of us left who realize this is simply only a game and could care less what others think of us behind a computer screen, OP.

It is easier to become an optimistic influence than a pessimistic troll. Maybe someday we will see that role as a majority.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

I've experienced positive and wonderful people during my adventures! As long as it's within my means, I'd help anyone with anything. If you play on Blue server send me a friend request! :Smile:

Of course you get the trolls every now and then but you need to learn how to out-troll. Trade chat is terrible about that... "meet here" then logs offline when you're halfway there. All my trades must come to my position if they want to buy. :y:

I've been around a lot of gaming communities and PROs toxicity is FAR less than most others. It seems like you just ran into the bad side of the community(always there on the internet). I've avoided trade chat for the most part because like you I don't know prices for pokemon, nor what people are looking for, but I've made a lot of good friends on PRO. Most of them started as people I'd just say hi in the Help IRC or ingame and gradually became friends with, or people hunting the same pokemon as me that we've chatted while we hunted. There is so many opportunities to make friends in this game, you just won't make any in a channel that is all about the money. Anywhere else ingame you look, you can find friends is you are open to it.

I suggest looking for a guild. There are a lot of good people and guilds in pro if you look hard enough without giving up. Sorry that your experience has been negative so far, but don't assume that all of PRO is like that, most of it is not.

Of all Online communities i've been to, i can safely say PRO is the least toxicated one. 85% of the community is always open for help, chat and respectful to others on a daily basis. Ofcourse there are those type of players whom get enjoyment out of annoying other people. Best course of action for those, in PRO atleast. is to take screenshots of it and report on the forums, so that those type of players, their only goal being irritating other players, to be weeded out or guiding them into being more acceptable by PRO's social standarts.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.