Perfect antibot solution

Serniksernik

Hello,

I think the "bots" problem can be solved pretty easily by adding randomly popping up captcha into game, if someone will not fill captcha - he gets kicked from the server.

Since you noticed that servers are much more empty after crash/restarts, that would suggest that many people are just botting here.

And if we will let bots run for more time, it will ruin in-game economy, and not only that...

My suggestion is to add to the game random appearing captcha (bots are not that smart to fill it in game, or at least not yet).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

um, no.

That is a classic example of ruining the game for everyone else.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

207208 um, no.

I dont really get how this would ruin the game more than the pop ups send by the staff regarding rules or "all-chat-jokes".

At the beginning of the beta (and propably even before that) staff randomly sent rage faces to the screens of the community. THAT was annoying.

This anti bot suggestion is actually the first suggestion regarding this topic I've read so far which has potential.

My reaction when people ask me if I'm the Barney from "Barney & Friends"

207208 um, no.

I dont really get how this would ruin the game more than the pop ups send by the staff regarding rules or "all-chat-jokes".

At the beginning of the beta (and propably even before that) staff randomly sent rage faces to the screens of the community. THAT was annoying.

This anti bot suggestion is actually the first suggestion regarding this topic I've read so far which has potential.

this was why they were removed and we have policies in place about usage of the system messages.

I (along with more than 2/3 of the internet) hate the capcha system. most of the time it doesnt work. and what if legit people dont fill it out in time? what then?. This is why we have our GM team constantly hunting for individuals. if you saw our reports center you would see just how many are being banned on a daily basis.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

207136 Since you noticed that servers are much more empty after crash/restarts, that would suggest that many people are just botting here.

That's not the main reason at all, after a crash restart people who were already logged in probably went to do something else and when the server comes back up not everyone notices at the same time ^^

207136 "bots" problem can be solved pretty easily by adding randomly popping up captcha into game

I agree with Thor on this one, a solution involving every player, multiple times per day potentially is for sure a decrease in the quality of the gameplay offered. A solution involving a bot detector client sided would be much more preferable :)

Like Sernik said, its a matter how this system is designed.

My first thought: A picture of a common poke with three different answer possibilities, or pictures of its evolution as answers for non-english speaking players and a 2 min time frame to answer.

I think every player could solve that...

And I dont think that the actual number how many botters are banned per day is not a fitting proxy of how many botters are out there.

GMs are humans and haw flaws. They cant find every botter.

My reaction when people ask me if I'm the Barney from "Barney & Friends"