Membership

Bronzedopa

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for the "membership is actually donation" point of view. However, the game is extremely unstable recently and the server is 0-24 full. Mos tof us donated because Shane promised that the server cap will be increased, so we can enjoy the benefits of membership. But we spend most of the time looking at the login screen or waiting for the server to be restarted.

I know this is a free project and there were a lot of ironing and bugfixing in the first month, so the staff is definitely working hard, but where is that new server already?

34228 <font><font>ADM </font></font>

<font><font>Desde estação BRS reclamando do favor de uma MS Ban através de IP BR </font></font>

<font><font>Sou brasileiro por mais ridícula toda essa choro é por causa de pessoas como que quase não são vistos em servidores americanos brasileiros</font></font>

ridiculous, I just want MS only when online, it's just a deserved reividicação ¬¬' "(Alguns BRs sempre errados quando pensam em estar certo hahahau)"

You guys are placing the same standards you have on a huge company like Blizzard...on a little team who created this game because they're fans of Pokemon just like us. I understand how frustrating it can be to not be able to play - but it says so on the front page that this is a beta. Beta means the game is still being heavily worked on and unfinished. Also, if 5 dollars is a lot of money in your country, and you decided to donate when you know the game's having issues, why did you spend the money in the first place? Why not wait? :Cry: *shrug* I donated to support the game, you know, make it better. Not because of the benefits. That's just a bonus.

I know this game is in beta and I also know that we were told bugs and fixes were gonna happen.

Still, I honestly think that members should be compensated and that it should be in the developers' interest to do so.

The down side of compensating would be losing money. Lets say we get 3 extra days, the developers would forfeit $0.5 per member.

The upside however would be earning alot of loyalty from the members, especially those to whom membership is most expensive to (relative to their income/allowance). I'm sure they would happily donate again if they feel their interests are being considered.

However if we don't get compensation many members (including myself at least for the next month or two) will just stop donating because they feel they're not being taken into consideration. I think in the long run these donations lost will prove to be much more costly than the money "forfeited" by compensating.

A permanent solution would be to permanently add 1 or 2 days to MS to compensate for the possible downtime during the month.

Finally I feel alot of people are just not complaining because its easy for them to get the $5 dollars but for us who actually live in poorer countries it's not that easy. (Specially Brazilians with their current economic crisis)

Either way I'm not asking for compensation, I just wanted to point out that compensating might actually be beneficial in the long run not just monetarily but also reputation wise.

(Not saying theyre getting a bad rep for not compensating, but they would get an awesome rep if they did)

Quck answer to whitney:

They donated because 30 days was worth the money to them, if they had known how much of the 30 days they were actually gonna get, they wouldn't have donated and they are thus complaining.

Finally, if you pay anyone and expect to get something in return but they fail to give it to you, you would be obviously be upset regardless if it was Blizzard, Google or even the smallest business around. That argument is just invalid to me.

Quick answer to whitney:

They donated because 30 days was worth the money to them, if they had known how much of the 30 days they were actually gonna get, they wouldn't have donated and they are thus complaining.

Finally, if you pay anyone and expect to get something in return but they fail to give it to you, you would be obviously be upset regardless if it was Blizzard, Google or even the smallest business around. That argument is just invalid to me.