2 Questions about DIG and learning moves (move relearner))

Ash222

Hi guys,

I have 2 questions:

1) From what point in the storyline can I use DIG in JOHTO? I mean not to get through caves, but to find items :)

2) If I train a Pokemon to a high level and only then evolve it; can the evolved Pokemon then still learn moves via the attack relearner it would have learned at lower levels but never has since I did not evolve it back then?

Also, some Pokemon learn certain moves only at lv. 1, can these also be remembered by the move relearner?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

At one time I had purchased a very high level d'nair with a terrible moveset. Upon heading to the move relearner, it could not learn anything from within D'nites moveset. After evolving it, then visiting the tutor once again, all those moves then became available for it.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

In Kanto dig spots have been updated so that you need 3 badges in order to use Dig on them. While I'm not sure if all the Johto dig spots have been fully updated, by the time you can access the caves they're in, you should already have 3+ badges anyway.

208420 At one time I had purchased a very high level d'nair with a terrible moveset. Upon heading to the move relearner, it could not learn anything from within D'nites moveset. After evolving it, then visiting the tutor once again, all those moves then became available for it.

So that means after evolving, the entire moveset becomes available independant of at which level the Pokemon is evolved?

208398 Hi guys,

I have 2 questions:

1) From what point in the storyline can I use DIG in JOHTO? I mean not to get through caves, but to find items :)

2) If I train a Pokemon to a high level and only then evolve it; can the evolved Pokemon then still learn moves via the attack relearner it would have learned at lower levels but never has since I did not evolve it back then?

Also, some Pokemon learn certain moves only at lv. 1, can these also be remembered by the move relearner?

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

1/ After you have 3 badge you can use dig at Johto

2/ Look here https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/gyarados for example

Moves learnt by level up - You can relearn whatever the move in this list by NPC relearner if you have Gyarados (include Gyarados evolution by magikarp)

Move Tutor moves - You only can learn if you beat Naero boss and unlock Daycare (egg move system) in game

Pre-evolution moves - You never can relearn it again as it only available in previous evolution. This example is Splash will never can relearn for Gyarodos.

Hope it help you.