Beldum Unjustifiable Catch Rate

Caspar

Hey all. Wanted to vent out and with that being said, I want this to be taken seriously. Most of you might know me, I am the guy who hunts a lot. I consider myself one of the most patient hunters in this game. I have spent 2 weeks to catch my Shiny Litwick and I got it. I have spent 2 weeks hunting for a Shiny Drilbur and didn't get it. That's cool, Hoenn came out, had to post-pone it. I came back to this Shiny Drilbur hunt where it became even harder to find. No problem, I love a challenge. I will get this Shiny Drilbur. Please think this through. I am always helping, nice to the community and always a helping hand. End of my small introduction.

This is where my huge issue comes in. I found a Beldum in the excavation site. I had over 250 pokeballs between regular poke balls, great balls and ultra balls. I took it down to 1 HP and switched to my Chandelure. I kept chucking and chucking to where I was down to my last 3 poke balls. My. Last. 3. When it was 1 HP from the start. 1 HP. Let's take a moment to digress this information, shall we? ... Ok, why is this EVEN A THING? WHY? Why the [censored] is a pokemon this hard to catch a thing? Is this what having fun is? This is not even a challenge? This is anti-fun and it honestly made me want to stop playing. I have long supported the game, respected the goal of the game, the players/staff and a lot more... but this seems surreal. I want this to be talked thoroughly, this pokemon's catch rate has to be adjusted. It has to be and I know I am speaking for many. I am someone who wasted 248 poke balls just to get a trash Beldum.

x2SW0nY.png 1HP since the start, threw an incredible amount to try and catch this.

DISMuwQ.jpg Down to my last 2 poke balls and I caught it. Awesome, right? Total challenge! Very fun!

3valKee.png This is the garbage I caught. All that time and poke balls for this. Wow, I feel rewarded! Justifiable catch rate!

Admins/GM/Staff, do not tell me to 'suck it up' or 'better luck next time!'. This is a load of [censored]. I am sorry but I am venting for an explanation. This is not okay. You know this is not okay. This has be to be talked thoroughly about because this is a nightmare. Anti-fun. Negative in the game. Please. Please. I love this game and always supported it. This has sunk me to a point where I just do not want to play. It's just my mood... Thank you.. sorry for venting this hard. I love you guys. I am going to take a few days break. See you soon..

EDIT: For those people using the argument,"it is the same as official game.".

Bruh. Good points, agreed. But... you are comparing to official Pokemon games where money was never an issue, could always reload a save state... did I say never worry about money yet? Right. in PRO, you should know how hard it is to make money. I am broke, 200k. I wasted so much money on trying to catch a Beldum which was beyond trash. Every dollar is valuable in PRO, not in official. I am not asking for it to be easy, keep this floating through your head. I am asking to be adjusted to PRO, not the official game. (From page 5, counter-argument)

Join PABCR, Players Against Beldum Catch Rate! Together!... we will triumph against this monstrosity of a Pokemon!

iGVMuRa.png

4ef1544e56.png

signature_caspar.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Beldums :) :) :)

<t>it's the same as in the original games so why would they change it? also it's one pokemon theres tons you can get so why quit for one pokemon that's tough to get and with megas not being available he really isn't all that useful metagross i kinda a bad poke without megas</t>

<r><QUOTE author="Bartjanus"><s>

</s><POST content="208465"><s></s>208465<e></e></POST> it's the same as in the original games so why would they change it? also it's one pokemon theres tons you can get so why quit for one pokemon that's tough to get and with megas not being available he really isn't all that useful metagross i kinda a bad poke without megas<e>
</e></QUOTE>

If I remember correctly, been a long time, 21 now.. but those individual games, I remember you only getting one, once. Cannot get anymore, one time deal. If later gens, Beldums were found in the wild... you can always save before finding your first Beldum to save yourself the pain of losing all your poke money. The individual games, money was not an issue but yet you had the option to do what I just said. In PRO, we do not have the luxury to do that. Money is hard to find. The time you put into the Beldum farming is hardly ever rewarding. Think for a second, I know you. You are quick to judge :P This Beldum catch rate is not justifiable.</r>

4ef1544e56.png

signature_caspar.png

<r><B><s></s><SIZE size="150"><s></s>I've calmed down. I am chill :) I would want opinions and thoughts about this. Please comment your thoughts/opinions.<e></e></SIZE><e></e></B></r>

4ef1544e56.png

signature_caspar.png

Catch rate of original games, it sucks, yes, but it's official. However i do agree that the rate should be raised a bit since breeding is not a thing here and it makes it extremely hard to build a good pokemon.

the rage aside I also think that the catch rate is absurd. I personally experienced a 80 pokeball one so i cant imagine the 249 pokeball beldum.

would love the staff to look into this as there may be a probable problem with its catch rate?

if its done intentionally then is it possible to make it easier catch rate? i mean its pretty hard to find one already.

imagine finding a shiny one with 200 pokeballs and not catching it.

Even though I'm not one to whine normally, I will have to one up this post mostly because Beldum grinding at this point is impossible.

Everyone knows that in order to find an epic Pokemon you want, you need patience, luck and resources. And that's the fun of the game.

But if you need to restock a ton of Ultra balls every time you meet a Beldum only to get a bad one, then all the fun goes away.

Just my two cents.

[CENTER][I]"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."[/I][/CENTER]

It's difficulty is because of how difficult it is to cripple it and false swipe it, without it consequently killing itself. I use a alakazam sync with thunder wave and shedinja for false swipe (take down doesnt work).

The first couple times I ran into it completely unprepared, and that was probably my worst PRO experience to date. 30 minutes shucking pokeballs at it...

PRO PVP pokemon directory made by me

Pearl's Guitar SHop- My Trade Thread (Blue server)

[glow=red]It can't get Eddie Vedder than this.[/glow]