Beldum Unjustifiable Catch Rate

Caspar

208610 Knock it down to 1hp with false swipe and put it to sleep. After that it only takes 5-10 Ultra balls.

Beldum has the same catch rate as Mewtwo, also It's a very strong Pokemon. I think it's just fine how it is.

Having found around 6/7 beldums in exc. sites, with 1 hp + status inflicted the "fastest" one took 30 utraballs, the "longest" one all the ultraballs I had left (94) and around 10/15 great balls...

Today I ran away from my first beldum, because I said to myself "is that really worth it? just for the chance of it being half-good?" and with the memory of the 1 hp + paralyzed over 90 ultraballs I answered to myself that no, it wasn't worth...

A slight fix towards an "easier" catch rate would be less frustrating for the whole community without doing much harm to the game itself, considering that you can't spam "A B A B A B" like in the gameboy DS to increase the catch rate of beldums by 100% like in original games :Heart:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you guys stop whining about anything you dont like. You are not entitled to catch a good beldum in a short amount of time just because its not fun this way. You cant handle it? Dont catch it. I cant handle it and i wont even try catching it. Just stop with all the nonsense whining.

208622 How about you guys stop whining about anything you dont like. You are not entitled to catch a good beldum in a short amount of time just because its not fun this way. You cant handle it? Dont catch it. I cant handle it and i wont even try catching it. Just stop with all the nonsense whining.

I feel like your post is the most close thing to "nonsense whining" in the thread :) the spawn rate of beldum isn't influenced by its capture rate, so the amount of time in which you can get a good one isn't shortened by a slight change in the capture rate ^^

We all posted our opinions with some arguments to support them, try to do the same instead of barking aggressively while you're feeling the same way as the majority of the community does

208622 I cant handle it and i wont even try catching it

^ it's not like there are 0 interaction between the players and the staff, if the community as a whole perceive that beldum catch rate is obnoxious and frustrating I don't see why the staff wouldn't want to avoid player running from beldums (by still keeping its distinguishing hard catch-ratio).

208618considering that you can't spam "A B A B A B" like in the gameboy DS to increase the catch rate of beldums by 100% like in original games :Heart:

Very sure that wasn't even a real thing in official games xD

Don't shatter my whole childhood x.x it's a "I know but don't want to know" thing :Frown:

208465 it's the same as in the original games so why would they change it? also it's one pokemon theres tons you can get so why quit for one pokemon that's tough to get and with megas not being available he really isn't all that useful metagross i kinda a bad poke without megas

this why 14 y.o kid should not give a comment in forum

208622 How about you guys stop whining about anything you dont like. You are not entitled to catch a good beldum in a short amount of time just because its not fun this way. You cant handle it? Dont catch it. I cant handle it and i wont even try catching it. Just stop with all the nonsense whining.

I feel like your post is the most close thing to "nonsense whining" in the thread :) the spawn rate of beldum isn't influenced by its capture rate, so the amount of time in which you can get a good one isn't shortened by a slight change in the capture rate ^^

We all posted our opinions with some arguments to support them, try to do the same instead of barking aggressively while you're feeling the same way as the majority of the community does

208622 I cant handle it and i wont even try catching it

^ it's not like there are 0 interaction between the players and the staff, if the community as a whole perceive that beldum catch rate is obnoxious and frustrating I don't see why the staff wouldn't want to avoid player running from beldums (by still keeping its distinguishing hard catch-ratio).

Ok what i was trying to say its the overall difficulty, which is spawn+catch rate. The amount of money that you use to catch it is diminished if you change catch rate. I for one think its good for the game that there are pokemon that you need to invest money into to get.

On the other point. The community doesnt know what it really wants most of the time. Its focused on near future and short term and generally doesnt think long term. It wants beldum catch rate to go up but when it will than suddenly everyone will be unhappy about everyone having metagrosses. It also diminishes the effort some people already put in to catch a good one.

Don't shatter my whole childhood x.x it's a "I know but don't want to know" thing :Frown:

Hey, I'm sure about one thing doesn't mean you have to believe/follow it xD

To be fair I also still believe that "Battle" facilities skews the hax towards their advantage, even though hackers who hacked the games to see the inner data never found any solid evidence for that.

208651 The amount of money that you use to catch it is diminished if you change catch rate. I for one think its good for the game that there are pokemon that you need to invest money into to get.

That is actually a fair enough point, beldum is the first pokemon on which you need to actually invest some money in just to get the chance of catching, so it could be understandable that the community responded with mostly complaints.

But then again it's a tier 9 pokemon (according to the recent changes in spawns, tier 4 extremely rare according to the previous spawn rating) so the risk of "everyone having metagrosses" isn't really there.

Also we're not talking about a drastical increase like 1 pokeball and boom done, there are mid-ways between 1 pokeball and over 90 ultraballs (or 150 balls, or... or...), an average catch ratio hard-enough and not obnoxious could be around 20-40 ultraballs with extreme values not going over (with an extremely rare probability) 60 or under 5.

I think we can all agree that 120k (100 ultraballs) just for the chance of catching one (let it go it being a good one, if you're interested I can post the probability of your first encounter being epic it's crazy xD) is a bit too much to get even in extremely unlucky cases.