wonder guard not working? kadabra's sync not working in hoenn?

Dutchie

sorry if there is a ton of post about this already, but in my defense, this websites search functions does not work at all, no matter what type in the search bar, you will always get a 0 search results found :(

anyway, i have a shedinja with the ability of wonder guard, this ability says it prevents damage from all attacks unless the attack is super effective, how ever, some moves like bubble, acid spray, acid, water gun ect.. they all do damage.even acid, which is considerd not very effective against shedinja, does normal damage.

is this a bug or is it intended?

also, i have a kadabra with the ability sync, with modest nature, my kadabra is first in my party, but yet, no pokemon i catch have the modest nature, i have tested this by catching 20 pokemon on route 110 in hoenn, not a single one of them has the modest nature.is this a bug or intended?

Wonder Guard doesn't work yet (also, Shedinja's HP is incorrect, it should always have 1 HP).

Sync does work, but the chance is 50%, you were just unlucky. You didn't use Role Play, right? Role Play is bugged at the moment, its effect lingers when it shouldn't be, meaning it messes with Synchronize.

208697 Wonder Guard doesn't work yet (also, Shedinja's HP is incorrect, it should always have 1 HP).

Sync does work, but the chance is 50%, you were just unlucky. You didn't use Role Play, right? Role Play is bugged at the moment, its effect lingers when it shouldn't be, meaning it messes with Synchronize.

no i didnt use role play, once i encounter the pokemon, i switch out my axew and use false swipe, thn capture the pokemon, should i switch back out my kadara before i catch the pokemon?

also, wonder guard does work for most attacks like, physical, grass, lightning ect, i only seem to have issues with the bubble and acid moves

no i didnt use role play, once i encounter the pokemon, i switch out my axew and use false swipe, thn capture the pokemon, should i switch back out my kadara before i catch the pokemon?

No, you don't need to switch back to Kadabra. You're just unlucky, then.

also, wonder guard does work for most attacks like, physical, grass, lightning ect, i only seem to have issues with the bubble and acid moves

I see. Last time I checked Wonder Guard is bugged in the sense that it doesn't work at all......

No, you don't need to switch back to Kadabra. You're just unlucky, then.

I see. Last time I checked Wonder Guard is bugged in the sense that it doesn't work at all......

hmmm, i will test further, still at starter area in hoen, maybe thats why my shedninja take no dmg lol

• 4 weeks later...
208735 Just to clarify, using Role Play on Synchronize Kadabras won't mess with the Synchronize effect. I've tested it before and the nature-synchronizing has still applied.

Reviving this topic a bit; may I ask what your sample size was? I've experienced 5 bold syncs in 45 catches, and 22 failed syncs in a row. This is with the ability still listed as 'synchronize' in the stat panel after fleeing an encounter, but listed differently from the stat panel via linked pokemon in chat.

Synchronize.png

I don't have a background in statistics, so this might be an example of gambler's fallacy or whatever. However, the likelihood of getting 22 failed syncs in a row is close to a 1/4 000 000 chance. I realize that this is still a relatively small sample size, but I'm reluctant to do further testing when it may be a waste of my time. Well, if this can be simply described as bad luck, it would remove the necessity of relogging after every single encounter.