I need a gyarados... do i grind a magikarp to 90+...?

Mcchamp

214101 I need a gyarados for johto e4, but grinding a magikarp to lvl99 before evolving sounds like a huge pain...any tips/ideas?

If you're having trouble fighting vs high level pokemon with magikarp you can still evolve, even if the required exp to level up will increase, but overall I'd say it's worth doing after level 70/80 :)

Keep in mind that for kanto e4 even a level 90 gyarados will be enough :)

Considering how even at level 80+ a Magikarp needs around 8k exp only to level up, i believe you can easily level it up in seafoam with tackle, i leveled mine by switching to 45-50, and then was fighting level 34 tentacools with tackle and got it to 80 in less than 15 minutes. (had a lot of potions with me and revives), it's all about finding the spot, and my magikarp was already EV trained so it was relatively easier.

I shall not fear no man but GOD

тнσυgн ι wαlк тнrσυgн тнe ναlleу σƒ deαтн

჻ ჻ ჻ ჻ ჻ ჻ I s h e d s o m a n y t e a r s

Please God walk with me

ZnfSZQD.png

214101 I need a gyarados for johto e4, but grinding a magikarp to lvl99 before evolving sounds like a huge pain...any tips/ideas?

try using magnemite with sturdy+thunderwave, let the magnemite faint then switch to magikarp. so magikarp will get full exp when the foe faint. it work for me

after lvl 50+ i think magikarp can 1 shot tackle a tentacool lvl 30+

If you're having trouble fighting vs high level pokemon with magikarp you can still evolve, even if the required exp to level up will increase, but overall I'd say it's worth doing after level 70/80 :)

I 1-shot everyone in Kanto with my gengar. But johto e4's mega beedrill is rocking me I can't get passed... I was thinking with skuntanksuckerpunching I might as well set up a dd gyarados like every1 suggests...

I 1-shot everyone in Kanto with my gengar. But johto e4's mega beedrill is rocking me I can't get passed... I was thinking with skuntanksuckerpunching I might as well set up a dd gyarados like every1 suggests...

Try this https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=25330

Try this https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=25330

Yeah i already took a look, that's what lead to this post lol

Hi Mcchamp, in my experience leveling a Magikarp can be a nightmare at times and also has one of the hardest to level for stage one Pokemon. It is still quicker then Gyarados but its still something to think about. Also I haven't tried this in Revolution but I don't think he can be taught Hms/Tms but as I said I'm not 100% on that.