SPATK 58 31

SPDEF 27 28

HP 52 22

Moves:

Night Shade

Sucker Puck

Curse

Confuse Ray

My first question is, is a good Gastly? And how to train a ghost pokemon? Because I was trying to train him in Pokemon tower against other level ratattas 21 ~~ 23, wear a Night Shade most often is ineffective, Sucker Puch very weak. And if my gastly receive an attack almost dies ... Has any good tips there?

214155 Hello, I want a day to train my gastly, these are his status:

Gastly Lv 23

ATK 21 03

DEF 23 20

SPD 45 13

SPATK 58 31

SPDEF 27 28

HP 52 22

Moves:

Night Shade

Sucker Puck

Curse

Confuse Ray

My first question is, is a good Gastly? And how to train a ghost pokemon? Because I was trying to train him in Pokemon tower against other level ratattas 21 ~~ 23, wear a Night Shade most often is ineffective, Sucker Puch very weak. And if my gastly receive an attack almost dies ... Has any good tips there?

Gastly is Special Sweeper means its need more stat on SPATK & SPD. move like Sucker Punch is physical wont do any good, u need special attack move like thunderbolt(from vermilion gym).

Modest Nature with Black Sludge item

252 Speed, 252 S.Atk, 6 HP

Icy Wind

Shadow Ball

Thunderbolt

Psychic

look for a gastly with like 20+ IV in Speed and S.Atk and then invest in that.

This is my Gengar and it pretty much solo's the Kanto E4 with a few revives at level 90.

Kqbe2UX.png

It is narrowly missed that serve, I was surprised with this SPATK, IV - 31, only the SPD came bad 13 ...

Now that I'm still the question, how to train a gastly has some ideial site? And a good sequence of moves to train it there?

214190 It is narrowly missed that serve, I was surprised with this SPATK, IV - 31, only the SPD came bad 13 ...

Now that I'm still the question, how to train a gastly has some ideial site? And a good sequence of moves to train it there?

SPATK ev = from oddish/gloom from route 5 at night, SPD ev from meoth on area 5

you can look from guide on forum too, try seach "ev training spot"

diglet cave, it will boost Spe Ev, train until lvl 40 .

Then Seafoam 4B, fight Crobats, Psyducks, Golducks and jinx. You wlll max EVs around 80.

But i would't invest in this gastly, i would look for a timid/modest gastly with at least 25 IV in Spe and SpAtck

Evolves this Gastly for Hunter, and he learned the shadow puch. These ghosts attack only works on a ghost X ghost clash? Because if so Hunter will have to learn other attacks to affect other types of Pokemon. If so he learns? Take this my questions please I am very layman in pokemon yet. kkk

214278 Evolves this Gastly for Hunter, and he learned the shadow puch. These ghosts attack only works on a ghost X ghost clash? Because if so Hunter will have to learn other attacks to affect other types of Pokemon. If so he learns? Take this my questions please I am very layman in pokemon yet. kkk

Shadow Punch / Ghost-type moves will affect all Pokemon except Normal-types.

When others have said that Gastly is a Special Attack sweeper, they mean that Gastly relies on its Special Attack to deal lots of damage. Thus, using physical moves (they are marked with an orange icon) will not be very efficient. Shadow Punch and Sucker Punch are examples of physical attacks, AKA moves you don't want on Gastly. You want to use moves that call upon Special Attack (marked by a blue spiral icon), such as Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic, etc.