Unevolved Pokemon Level Faster

Pkmnmaster88

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buffdaddy
215085 You just need to look at the needed EXP for the next level. You can see there's a difference, rather irrevelant at low levels but growing each level.

215008this is a PRO thing...

No it isn't.

tl;dr: if growlithe required 91 exp to level, an arcanine of equal level would require 213 exp to level.

In this example it's a 235% increase in EXP needed.

So if a growlithe needs 2500 EXP an arcanine of equal level will need 5875 EXP

Haha, that 'Base EXP' number is how much the pokemon gives when you defeat it; it has nothing to do with how much the pokemon needs to level up. How much pokemon need to level up is based on EXP curves and is the same among species/evolution lines. So at any given level, a Growlithe and an Arcanine will need the same amount of EXP to level up.

The more you know!

Haha, that 'Base EXP' number is how much the pokemon gives when you defeat it; it has nothing to do with how much the pokemon needs to level up. How much pokemon need to level up is based on EXP curves and is the same among species/evolution lines. So at any given level, a Growlithe and an Arcanine will need the same amount of EXP to level up.

The more you know!

No, as you can see here: BjoZMKo.png

It's a level 6 Pikachu. it would require more EXP to reach the next level if you evolved it already.

The more you know!

It's a level 6 Pikachu. it would require more EXP to reach the next level if you evolved it already.

That screenshot is not a very good explanation... o.0

There's no explanation. It's one of PRO's mechanics, you can actually try out with any Pokemon. Take a Magikarp for instance, quite easy to level up, while Gyarados will need way more experience each level.

Guest buffdaddy

The more you know!

That picture is pretty useless without a picture of EXP needed for a Lv6 Raichu right next to it.

The person I quoted posted links to pokemonDB as evidence that the real pokemon games instituted some kind of EXP scaling based on YOUR pokemon's EXP rather than that of the enemy defeated. Now you're saying that it's only in this game. I'm glad we worked that out.

The more you know!

That picture is pretty useless without a picture of EXP needed for a Lv6 Raichu right next to it.

The person I quoted posted links to pokemonDB as evidence that the real pokemon games instituted some kind of EXP scaling based on YOUR pokemon's EXP rather than that of the enemy defeated. Now you're saying that it's only in this game. I'm glad we worked that out.

I'm confused by all of it... Had I known sooner though, I would not have evolved my current party... Oh well, gonna have to build a team from scratch.