Shiny locks need confirmation @Staff

Downsystem

So i just heard from one of my guild m8s that u cant get shiny via headbutt and i asked around and got pretty much confirmation but why isnt that on the forum or atleast on the headbutt intro posts? and are excavations and the doctor quest mons also locked? if yes why? i spend so much time doing this stuff and i dont know if i would continue if they are indeed locked so pls confirm /debunk this hopefully the later :3 (and pls let this post open so someone who wants to know gets a 100% anwser to^^)

Shinies can appear on trees and by rewards from NPCs, don't have proof here but someone got a cherrim a long time ago and a friend had a shiny porygon. Dunno about the other ones but I think there could be shinies outside of land/sea/trees/rewards as well.

i got a shiny porygon, it was my first shiny, so i can confirm that ! you can find abadoned shiny pokemons and get them from npc`s , but i never got them on trees and never saw a shiny turtwig,chimchar,petilil or some other pokemon which only apper by on trees !!

i hope they change it if its true, but maybe iam wrong ^^ :confused:

Yeah afaik u can get fossils and abondend pokes as shinies. Abondend pokes even have a higher rate of 1/1000 to be shiny than the usual 1/8192.

I saw a mod once saying that u cant get shinies in headbutt. I mean did anyone of u ever see a shiny talonflame on the server? ;) I guess same counts for RockSmashing, never heard/saw someone gettin a shiny there.

Im uncertain about boss-rewards/new daycare atm tho.

no, it is not possible to get shiny pokemon from things like dig/headbutt. basically anything NPC based that forces a wild battle encounter.

NPCs that give you a pokemon however (apart from bosses) do have a shiny chance.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Ty @Thor is there a gameplay reason for that or is it just a technicality? if its the later i would speak for shiny freedom ! chains hurt :3

the encounter rate per day is so low compared to normal spawn that it would be hard to get a good shiny still and allmost all trees have meh spawns so that would balance it . i would love to have a chance even the slightest because i liked my little tour de france around kanto/johto everyday^^.

doing it just for the money or just 1-2 routes is kinda pointless i need that kinda mmo thing in this game because i tent to just farm and level or ev stuff over and over again that burns me out fast :( and btw i like the new dig spots