A legitimate suggestion for Boss NPCs/Post Game content.

Giovanni

When we started putting Boss npcs in the game they were meaningful, they had good rewards, and they were unique.

Boss NPCs did receive a revamp, but I'll be honest the revamp sucks. When will I ever need 2 Bulk up TMs or 30 miracle seeds or 20 mystic waters? (Yes I'm exaggerating a little bit.)

What I am suggesting: Another Revamp.

Examples of what I would like to see.

-Team Changes (Hey look I know what they have, I know what to bring.)

-Some Reworking of the RNG. Yes I know you aren't supposed to get a good prize every time, but the number of times you have to battle for a good prize is a rediculous.

-If the rng is rejected, I'd suggest a cooldown change of 2 weeks to 1 week. Waiting 2 weeks just to get the same crappy prizes sucks.

-Randomized Dialogues would be nice. They are just to monotonous.(See Verdanturf town)

-Another cooldown suggestion would be, if it's a crappy prize, cooldown of 1 week. If it's a good prize, Cooldown of 2 weeks.

-More Bosses like youngster joey. There is absolutely nothing to do ingame after you beat hoenn(Unless you're trying to get jirachi) mainly for pokemon that a person wouldn't normally use.

-A boss that moves around as you defeat it. i.e starts in pewter(Next week is in cerulean) so on and so forth until you get to evergrande and there's a major reward of some sort. the boss could even change teams each week because of the way it mvoes around.

Please bring more stuff to do post-game.

[glow=red]The threats of a goldfish do not concern a shark.[/glow]

-A boss that moves around as you defeat it. i.e starts in pewter(Next week is in cerulean) so on and so forth until you get to evergrande and there's a major reward of some sort. the boss could even change teams each week because of the way it mvoes around.

Please bring more stuff to do post-game.

I raelly like that idea here. :y:

I sorta agree that there needs to be a little something more but idk if i agree with any of the ideas you put you put out here. Honestly after i beat Hoenn and got my Jirachi my thrill to collect pokemon only got stronger, but i guess not everyone is like me and wants to catch every pokemon they have ever sort have liked.

Team changes would annoy me because if i lost purely because the boss had an unexpected pokemon i would scream and feel very angry if it was something i could not handle purely due to RNG.

I'm pretty sure not a single person is completely satisfied with bosses overall because it can be really irritating but honestly theres only so much they can do to keep us happy and we are a pretty needy community. :devil:

Best%20One_zps7tgag9fl.gif

-Team Changes (Hey look I know what they have, I know what to bring.)

This is what I like the most, but even increasing the number of possible teams will eventually result in them being posted in forums and the same problem will occur. Also many bosses have a distinctive typing of pokemon, I doubt that Brock will ever have an electric or grass type to counter water :)

The recent change that I liked the most was the addition of a new boss mechanic, Keres + Sgath bosses. You can't leave the house until you've beaten both of them (=> you can't heal in a pokemon center) AND you can't bring a specific typing to make it more challenging.

I feel like difficulty might be a good thing to work around to increase the fun of doing "final bosses" and adjusting the rewards at the same time (sgath + keres rewards are better indeed).

Dividing bosses in "Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced" and adjusting the difficulty of the teams (both increasing the random factor + unexpected moveset + status moves + buff moves + taunt) could be a good starting point for an eventual revamp :)

Overall I agree that at the moment many bosses aren't worth at all to do, just my opinion :)

Well I also completely understand that there is no way to randomize teams. (Unless you of course have different npcs overlapping and make them hide/show. I'm not suggesting for brock to have water types or anything like that. I simply mean, if a boss can easily be taken out by one type of pokemon, there should be a curveball thrown in. i.e. when hoenn came out Brock could have a lunatone or a solrock to combat fighting types. Stuff like that.

[glow=red]The threats of a goldfish do not concern a shark.[/glow]

I havent finished the boss revamp yet, i have only updated like 12/13 of them.

however, saying that. basically what youre trying to suggest are ways to get things easier, which wont happen.

Sorry, but apart from the continuing revamp, these things wont change.

Also, I see you assume that there is no other endgame stuff in the pipelines, this would where you be sorely wrong.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I think the difficulty of the bosses should be enhanced. simultaneously remove some items as miracle seeds,mystic waters .....

the rewards of the boss should be things that we can not find outside. example froekie, i only recieve from arnie boss ,

Steven-Stone-pokemon-steven-stone-34077834-500-354.jpg

We have 33 (unconfirmed, need to do a proper count) bosses ingame. guess what? Some have to have prizes available elsewhere, that is the statistical certainty of the volume I and other scripters have added. With the fact i have at least another 4 being made and added within the next week, and other things being worked on, this simply isnt possible to do without ruining future content plans.

I hear your concerns over some of them, and with the revamp i am addressing this bit by bit, as i have said i have only edited maybe 10 so far. But just adding stuff for the sake of it isnt going to happen, I'm sorry.

I do also need to edit movesets aswell, to minimise boosting opportunities.

Radomised dialogues was something I would likento add to them too, it wouldnt be completely random however, but like 4/5 different dialogues per boss would go some way to make them at least feel better.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I agree with the multi-team bosses, and either on cooldown change or reward up, because having both a long cd and bad rewards does not make bosses really appealing

218499 but even increasing the number of possible teams will eventually result in them being posted in forums and the same problem will occur

i don't think it's exactly the same problem: when a team can vary by let's say half of it's poke, it's not a concern if you know all the teams the boss can have. since you don't know which team you're gonna face this time, you can't be fully prepared, or at least not as much as when the boss has 1 team possible and you know what it is...

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]