My review on this game as a new player and a member

Cynthetik

First is like to praise the developers on creating an extraordinary game. I'd like to thank them for allowing me the opportunity to relive the Pokemon games I've been playing since 1998. They have done a wonderful job with this game even at this beta stage and my hat's off to them.

While there are a lot of things I enjoy about the game there are some elements that I do not particularly enjoy first being..

The lack of content and features to new players in this game - Custom content is great and all but most of them are inaccessible to brand new players It's very difficult to use headbutt and dig early in the game especially when you just earned the badge required for it. I even had a Pokemon that learned headbutt at 19 on its own. I liked using headbutt in gold and silver back in the day and it was really fun. When I tried to use it, I couldn't make use of it because of the happiness requirements. I couldn't use it until my Pokemon was level 35 when I earned my 6th kanto badge. This took the enjoyment of of playing because I really want to see what Pokemon were in those trees.

The lack of incentives for membership - I purchased membership for the sole purpose of encountering those membership exclusive Pokemon. I checked out safari exclusive and the underground tower to see what i could find only to find that the encounter rate for a majority of those Pokemon were very rare. I could not make use of what I paid for except for the exp and money bonus(where the money gain from trainers is extremely poor) which is nothing compared to those membership exclusive Pokemon i could find. I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth and there's very little incentive to buy except for those bonuses. As a member I don't find this fair. I would really like it is those membership Pokemon is uncommon instead of extremely rare.

So far those are my thoughts . I have more is like to convert but so far these issues strike out the most to me.

222423 The lack of content and features to new players in this game - Custom content is great and all but most of them are inaccessible to brand new players It's very difficult to use headbutt and dig early in the game especially when you just earned the badge required for it. I even had a Pokemon that learned headbutt at 19 on its own. I liked using headbutt in gold and silver back in the day and it was really fun. When I tried to use it, I couldn't make use of it because of the happiness requirements. I couldn't use it until my Pokemon was level 35 when I earned my 6th kanto badge. This took the enjoyment of of playing because I really want to see what Pokemon were in those trees.

The lack of incentives for membership - I purchased membership for the sole purpose of encountering those membership exclusive Pokemon. I checked out safari exclusive and the underground tower to see what i could find only to find that the encounter rate for a majority of those Pokemon were very rare. I could not make use of what I paid for except for the exp and money bonus(where the money gain from trainers is extremely poor) which is nothing compared to those membership exclusive Pokemon i could find. I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth and there's very little incentive to buy except for those bonuses. As a member I don't find this fair. I would really like it is those membership Pokemon is uncommon instead of extremely rare.

Good remarks, feedback is always appreciated. tho i'd like to clarify a few things on those.

Dig, headbut, dive were originally intended as an end game grinding factor. Meaning that its use will show itself once you've reached the post-storyline. Tho i can see where you're coming from with that, having early access to headbutt and dig could provide more pokemon options in the upcoming gyms.

membership bonuses was calculated accurately to create a tiny bit of extra content and a bit more... "relaxed" gameplay, with its money and exp bonus. Then there is the MS only spawns. if you were to calculate the possibilities of having both early headbut and ms spawns, PvE would lose its hardship, making it dull and boring.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Thank you for responding. Though I'm far enough in the game that I don't mind the head butting as much. (Dig was my only source of income because I have nothing to offer so early in the game.

I don't want to sound entitled and I understand your intentions, but the low encounter rate just makes me feel like I'm not getting enough value out of purchasing membership. It brings up the question I ask myself, what am I paying for?

222587 Thank you for responding. Though I'm far enough in the game that I don't mind the head butting as much. (Dig was my only source of income because I have nothing to offer so early in the game.

I don't want to sound entitled and I understand your intentions, but the low encounter rate just makes me feel like I'm not getting enough value out of purchasing membership. It brings up the question I ask myself, what am I paying for?

Hey there, Cynthetik.

The purpose for all of the Coin Shop items are to offer an incentive to donate. Since PRO is a fan-made game and doesn't make a profit, we need players to donate to the game to keep the servers up and running. PRO won't increase the membership benefits. While we appreciate the donations, we don't want to create an unfair advantage over the free players.

Hope you understand. Thank you for donating to PRO. :)

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

On red server, right now, an ms goes for 300k. Later on when u get access to Dragons Den in Jhoto and Cerulean Cave in Kanto, simply grinding poke for cash will easily get you back the 300k for the ms (way before a month has passed) besides the other benefits you get from it. What you have to realize is that PRO leans more on to an MMO genre rather than the usual handheld games, focusing more on what can be done after completing the story.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

I completely agree that the membership pokemon encounter rate is abysmal. I'm yet to see a single one, except for the one I encountered at the bottom of the Pokemon Tower where there's a bunch of them squeezed in between 99% encounter rates of Zubat, Rattata, and Ghastly. (That's the purpose of that area, anyway, so I'm glad I got to see at least ONE). I couldn't even catch it because all of my pokemon were too strong, and the pokes down there are like level 12, being one shot by near everything.

Other than that, I've seen absolutely none in encounters in the overworld. I'm not going to hold my breath.... I'm just going to be happy with my 50% xp boost and double pokedollars and leave it at that, because they seem to be embracing the hours and hours of grinding people are having to do to encounter one.

That's how I feel as well. If you can improve the rates of ms exclusive Pokemon that could help the economy, at least some of us have a good chance at catching those Pokemon and selling it for profit. But the rates are so low it could be hours before finding it and some of us don't have time for that.

Unfortunately , after purchasing the ms, I don't have a lot of incentive to purchase it again, because I can't make use for its benefits.