How help chat can be more helpful

Freshairkaboom

[glow=red]Currently anyone who seeks help rating their pokemon are told to go to battle chat.[/glow]

[glow=green]I feel it would be better to simply answer any question in help chat instead of categorizing help like we are now. Categorizing help ensures that a lot of people doesn't get help.[/glow]

[glow=blue]The most helpful people in the community are usually over in help chat. I feel help chat would be much more helpful if we spent our time helping instead of shooing people over to another, unresponsive chat where no one ever answers. This decree would have to come from the admins of course.

Help chat is the main channel for answering inquiries, and I don't blame people for seeking help there when battle chat doesn't really answer their question. This is not a plight for myself, as I am quite adept at rating my own pokemon. I have seen distressed people come to help chat asking for help with reading the IV's and natures of pokemon correctly, and this is a common question in PRO. I try to help them, but most people simply dismiss them and say "go to battle chat" because that's what the admins say.

I am sorry if I have made the situation worse somehow by helping these people, but please know that I love this game and wish to be of assistance to fellow players.

Thank you for your consideration.[/glow]

I'll be back in 5 minutes. But if I'm not, just read this message again.

I agree that help and battle chat are confusing, and that most of the time questions end up in "all chat" because it's where there is the best odds for a question to be answered, as help chat is full of people that ask unanswered questions, and battle chat is just empty.

The only solution I can think of, is a serie of tutorial videos for beginners in PRO, I was actually thinking about doing this myself even english is not my native language, and i already saw someone that was about to start a walktrough of PRO, not sure if it's gonna help for basic questions tho...

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]

232513 ...

The only solution I can think of, is a serie of tutorial videos for beginners in PRO, I was actually thinking about doing this myself even english is not my native language, and i already saw someone that was about to start a walktrough of PRO, not sure if it's gonna help for basic questions tho...

The game guide section is full of vids and explanations. It's just the missing link to the game guide section every minute or so.

And imo PVP is just too big to be talked in help chat. Maybe just rename the "Battle"-chat to "PVP"-chat or seperate the help chat into PVP and PVE+general

Rates and other PVP questions just flood help chat, when you're trying to help someone so they can play, someone spamming a Geodude doesn't help much XD

Would be good if there was a guideline for what goes where though, and somewhere commonly seen

ge6aLM7.png

232531 Rates and other PVP questions just flood help chat, when you're trying to help someone so they can play, someone spamming a Geodude doesn't help much XD

Would be good if there was a guideline for what goes where though, and somewhere commonly seen

Agreed, maybe another solution is required in the long run, but in the mean time I think people should be able to get help when they ask in help chat. Most of the time I can read every question anyway and answer, and if I can't they can ask again and I'll answer them then.

People are asking for help just because they see people trading PVP pokes and talking about IV's, so casual players who are just trying to play the story, and have no intent to play PVP are asking for rates on everything they catch, when they aren't even going to ev train it even if it is good. I do rate in help chat, but if it's like 7 constant rates over and over, I ask them to ask battle.

giphy.gif

" A Man's Dream Will Never Die. "

2qj8zft.gif

232596 People are asking for help just because they see people trading PVP pokes and talking about IV's, so casual players who are just trying to play the story, and have no intent to play PVP are asking for rates on everything they catch, when they aren't even going to ev train it even if it is good. I do rate in help chat, but if it's like 7 constant rates over and over, I ask them to ask battle.

I have yet to experience 7 constant rates on repeating loop :P They don't seem that intrusive to me. I mostly see what everyone is typing (maybe because I extended my chat box up?)

232596 People are asking for help just because they see people trading PVP pokes and talking about IV's, so casual players who are just trying to play the story, and have no intent to play PVP are asking for rates on everything they catch, when they aren't even going to ev train it even if it is good. I do rate in help chat, but if it's like 7 constant rates over and over, I ask them to ask battle.

I have yet to experience 7 constant rates on repeating loop :P They don't seem that intrusive to me. I mostly see what everyone is typing (maybe because I extended my chat box up?)

Maybe. I'm constantly training so my box is small, and I see loads of casuals asking for rates on complete garbage pokes.. And then I say they're fine for story and they're like 'oh okay that's what I want anyway' I don't know how many times I've said anything works for story in help chat, honestly. I mostly help people via pm's now though, and give them walk throughs of things.

giphy.gif

" A Man's Dream Will Never Die. "

2qj8zft.gif

Im one of thoose who did 'Set up camp` in Helpchat and Yes i do say rates for battlechat but for story all pokemon work.

I as a Casual player myself who knows nothing more past Kanto then what i did read in the forum can't help them with ev iv. I tell them they should look in the

forum for Guides.

Aswell if you allow rates to helpchat then you would have to alow price checks there too.

I see the problem when it starts to get out of controll for rates/price checks right now its okish to manage currently, but If we would let it go thro then it may cause a problem of spam :/

We have to understand the past, to win the Future