Set up shops

Cloudsquall

I think it would be great if could set up your own shop on the road, or big cities, or in the mountains to feel like a guru.

You should be able to sell pokemon and items, and set a price for them. Other player come to you and buy, no need to trade.

This should work while you are offline, as well as online, but imagining the server stress, maybe everytime you setup shop, you have to relog to play again.

This might also give some possibility for pvp. Like if there were specific spots for selling, and not everywhere, you could claim

that spot from another player. The shop master should have a strong team on him. I don't know how the AI works though, so maybe that's impossible.

Any way, i know there are some holes in the things i suggest, but never hurts to suggest things, right? Maybe something can spark in the imagination of the developers or the players.

Three problems with that.

1. The shops could take over a map

2. What if a stronger trainer claims every persons' shop?

3. Love your Pokémon. Don't just sell them

umbreon_animation_by_taravalentine.gif

You are not afraid of the dark. You are only afraid of what could happen in the dark.

235925 I think it would be great if could set up your own shop on the road, or big cities, or in the mountains to feel like a guru.

You should be able to sell pokemon and items, and set a price for them. Other player come to you and buy, no need to trade.

This should work while you are offline, as well as online, but imagining the server stress, maybe everytime you setup shop, you have to relog to play again.

This might also give some possibility for pvp. Like if there were specific spots for selling, and not everywhere, you could claim

that spot from another player. The shop master should have a strong team on him. I don't know how the AI works though, so maybe that's impossible.

Any way, i know there are some holes in the things i suggest, but never hurts to suggest things, right? Maybe something can spark in the imagination of the developers or the players.

You have a point, our trade system is ''painful', spam on the trade chat until you can get a good offer.

Based on what he suggested, it would be great having an in game market: a place where we can input the Pokemon it would work in two ways

1) normal sell: put the pokemon, set a price, once somebody buy it go back and collect the money, something like a personal box/store

2)auction: having a maximum time and whoever offer a price bind the pokemoney. once somebody else offers a higher price return the money and bind his money until the highest offer is being made

Alternative option

Host this system outside the game, an actual market place where you can see the Pokemon and buy it instantly. Because I have much experience in this system let me give you an example. There is a platform called Steam and a game called Dota 2, how we do it there? there are external market places like this one: https://dota2lounge.com

You log in with your game account, a bot sends you a trade message, you upload your items at that market. On one side are your item on the other what you want for them, People can still post other offers underneath yours. Once you are done trading again a bot trades you and you get back your money/items.

Well I know is not easy, but we need a do something about our trades.

Well, auction house is in the works already, and i knew that.

I only proposed this because i felt it would add more rpg value and aesthetics (and also convenience).

Now Nindir, as for number 2, each person can have only one shop.

And for number 1, i also thought about that, and that's how the alternative idea of having specific spots came about.

An Auctionhouse is already in the pipeline.

The problem with this idea (while its actually quite good in theory) is that like someone already said, maps would just be swamped with trainers.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.