Personas

Anonywish

My friend I were discussing this and I would like to see the public's opinion, as well.

Some players play a different character of gender than themselves in real life. Do you or anyone you know do this? If so, why or why not? Overall, what is your opinion on the players whom do this?

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

There are multiple reasons that I have observed that people do this. Coming from a World of Warcraft background, the obvious is that they would do it in order to get free in game items or in game currency. Others do it just because they like female characters, whereas the other obvious answer is that some identify as a female. Its a complex topic, but that's what came to mind :/

Well it's just preference. People explore and play on the internet to get away from real life's burden. I have two accounts personal accounts which are both genders and I just apply myself to both. Though in regard to Raul states, people do use their gender in exploitation, so it's always best to be cautious.

Though in the end, it's a confusing mess, but it's nice to have a persona/facade to get rid of real life stress.

Well to me mmo's are somewhere you can go to and get away from the real world as a feel of relaxation. Me personally I will always choose a may character just because I am a male myself. But as said I seen others do it to troll, get free stuff, and to cause drama which to me is a waste of time while I see others use them and can totally be upfront and tell you that they are really a male or female. Some like the way the opposite gender looks which I see no harm in.~ ^_^

spacer.png