Penalty for LEAVER in Ranked PVP

Futz

<t>Should those leaver get a punishment?</t>  

114 members have voted

1. 1. <t>Should those leaver get a punishment?</t>

• YES THEY SHOULD
    • NO JUST NO

247944 +1+1+1

Implement a surrender button so people that do not want to show their entire team don't feel like closing the client but instead have a way out.

Disconnected? You lost. Please tell me 1 game where if you DC it's the opponent to be penalized. It's incredibly wrong and it creates that 'you were better than me but i negate you a reward haha get rekt' mentality that is so typical among internet-losers.

If you have a bad connection well i'm sorry for you but doesn't mean i have to pay the consequences of that, mine works just fine.

I already heard this idea many times. But, will it really solve this problem?

These people leave when they only have 1 or 2 pokes left, when i can easily swept them in less than 1 min. So its not about giving up because they think its time wasting, its more like they got butthurt and decide to leave so the winner wont got any coin.

247918 No and just no.

I often leave when I feel I am deeply convinced that I will lose if and only if I have make a stupid mistake/misslick on very early-game that can really change the outgoing of the match (switching in the wrong pokemon that goes OHKO, leaving a very big hole in your coverage).

Why would I quit? That may be stupid, but it would be to preserve my team from beeing seen by the opponent, since it happens very often to rebattle the very same guy in a row. :)

I get it, but your case are rare. Most people will just keep going when they did a mistake, they only leave when they got butthurt. Surrender button may work for people like you, but it wont work for those who got butthurt everytime they lose.

Implemented the surrender button also make an opening for COIN FARM ABUSE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imao, Wall of text. xd Whoops, sry. :P

Well, to make it clear and sum it up:

As it is in the moment: U get no Coins for winning, if your opponent DC´s for whatever reason. This results in a bad feeling for the winner. So the only one who gets punished here is the winner of the battle. Thats just not ok and unhealty for the environment of battling. U shouldnt have a won battle ended with a bad feeling.

Solution 1:

Then u could add a surrender-button (prevents u from going into queue again, if there even is one. Otherwise you are just 5 secs faster than simply relogging after DC). So here the winner always gets a coin. Could ofc be abused by simply coin farming if u have a friend to go with in queue at same time. One time u win, one time your friend wins and so on. 20 matches a day, easy mount. If u dont have friends who gonna do this some ppl might do it with their 2nd account. Not allowed ofc and will most likely end in a perma-ban but ppl always take those risks for whatever reason. PPl already could do that 2nd account thingy for rating in former seasons. Here is the question how many staff is available and has time to look into this often enough to prevent ppl from abusing this. Cant tell, tho. Also depends on the community.

Thats a bad thing too, but it doesnt result into an unhealty pvp-environment. If u go into pvp as a casual player and u beat them in a casual way u get your points and coin. No bad feeling for the winner. Better than as it is at the moment in my opinion.

Solution 2:

Then there is the possiblity of punishment for the leaver. Also better than a punishment for the winner in my opinion. U are forced to play the battle to an end or you lose points and a coin. Now it gets a bit more complicated:

- The winner always gets the coin. Tho less ppl would disconnet, if they lose the coin + coin farming isnt abusable as mentioned in the first solution.

- The winner doesnt get the coin as it is at the moment. Still less ppl would disconnect, which results in more coins-earning for the winner! But no one wins in the end in case of unintentional DC, bad feeling for both. Some ppl also might think (future): I already have enough coins and what i wanted, idc if i lose a coin, mainly i want that my opponent doesnt get a coin so i just dc/surrender on him!" Sad, but the truth.^^

Then there is another way of penalty. U could add a time-penalty. So in case of DC u are not allowed to enter queue again in the next 10-30mins. Which time would be the best? I dont know. Hard to say. It mainly results into the same results as with the coin-penalty. Since u dont lose a coin, abusing the system with a friend 2nd account is a bit harder but still possible. I really dont know if thats better than a coin-loss.

So in case of an unintentional DC its a bad feeling for u too. I dont know how many ppl have the problem but letz say:

U play 10 games a day, u disconnect once. So u get 1 coin less. Thats a pity but hey, u just lost 1 Coin. Overall u can win enough in the end.

U play 10 games a day and u disconnect in 50% of the games. I mean if your internet is that unstable, why even go into PvP? In earlier seasons u had also 0 Chance on a rating into top 25, even if u are the best player in the world.

But tbh if the majority of players have that bad internet connection, pvp would die completly. xd I dont know if thats case but if yes a DC penalty is a bad idea overall.^^

Solution 3:

U add an AI, which finishes the game for your opponent. As already mentioned, i dont know how hard it is to code that and how much time it takes to implement. Cause i have no Idea of Skripting/Coding. Winner always gets the coin. Un-/intentioanal DC/Surrender doesnt result into a Coin-Loss/Time-Penalty. No bad feeling at all!

Well letz say an AI like the AI of bosses gets added. U already might have seen a few pokes of your opponent so u know what u have to await. So it most likely results into a fast finish for you with winning a coin. Most likely u were far ahead anyway since your opponent just DCd with no hope for a win.

How long does it need to end the game vs an AI who doesnt switch or smth? 2-3 mins maybe?

So this solution is also abusable with friends/2nd Accs. U or your friend/2nd account just have to play 2 or 3 mins longer. Its still not as excessive as insta queuing up and DC.

In my eyes this is literally the same as just giving the winner his Coin. So the question is, is it really worth to implement this instead of giving a coin to the winner directly? How long might it take and how long does "winner" still have to suffer under DCs?

I might have missed smth but thats how it looks for me. ;)

Well as already mentioned each of these solutions is better than it is at the moment.

Guest SugarRed9
248211 Imao, Wall of text. xd Whoops, sry. :P

As it is in the moment: U get no Coins for winning, if your opponent DC´s for whatever reason. This results in a bad feeling for the winner. So the only one who gets punished here is the winner of the battle. Thats just not ok and unhealty for the environment of battling. U shouldnt have a won battle ended with a bad feeling.

Solution 1:

Then u could add a surrender-button (prevents u from going into queue again, if there even is one. Otherwise you are just 5 secs faster than simply relogging after DC). So here the winner always gets a coin. Could ofc be abused by simply coin farming if u have a friend to go with in queue at same time. One time u win, one time your friend wins and so on. 20 matches a day, easy mount. If u dont have friends who gonna do this some ppl might do it with their 2nd account. Not allowed ofc and will most likely end in a perma-ban but ppl always take those risks for whatever reason. PPl already could do that 2nd account thingy for rating in former seasons. Here is the question how many staff is available and has time to look into this often enough to prevent ppl from abusing this. Cant tell, tho. Also depends on the community.

Thats a bad thing too, but it doesnt result into an unhealty pvp-environment. If u go into pvp as a casual player and u beat them in a casual way u get your points and coin. No bad feeling for the winner. Better than as it is at the moment in my opinion.

Solution 2:

Then there is the possiblity of punishment for the leaver. Also better than a punishment for the winner in my opinion. U are forced to play the battle to an end or you lose points and a coin. Now it gets a bit more complicated:

- The winner always gets the coin. Tho less ppl would disconnet, if they lose the coin + coin farming isnt abusable as mentioned in the first solution.

- The winner doesnt get the coin as it is at the moment. Still less ppl would disconnect, which results in more coins-earning for the winner! But no one wins in the end in case of unintentional DC, bad feeling for both. Some ppl also might think (future): I already have enough coins and what i wanted, idc if i lose a coin, mainly i want that my opponent doesnt get a coin so i just dc/surrender on him!" Sad, but the truth.^^

Then there is another way of penalty. U could add a time-penalty. So in case of DC u are not allowed to enter queue again in the next 10-30mins. Which time would be the best? I dont know. Hard to say. It mainly results into the same results as with the coin-penalty. Since u dont lose a coin, abusing the system with a friend 2nd account is a bit harder but still possible. I really dont know if thats better than a coin-loss.

So in case of an unintentional DC its a bad feeling for u too. I dont know how many ppl have the problem but letz say:

U play 10 games a day, u disconnect once. So u get 1 coin less. Thats a pity but hey, u just lost 1 Coin. Overall u can win enough in the end.

U play 10 games a day and u disconnect in 50% of the games. I mean if your internet is that unstable, why even go into PvP? In earlier seasons u had also 0 Chance on a rating into top 25, even if u are the best player in the world.

But tbh if the majority of players have that bad internet connection, pvp would die completly. xd I dont know if thats case but if yes a DC penalty is a bad idea overall.^^

Solution 3:

U add an AI, which finishes the game for your opponent. As already mentioned, i dont know how hard it is to code that and how much time it takes to implement. Cause i have no Idea of Skripting/Coding. Winner always gets the coin. Un-/intentioanal DC/Surrender doesnt result into a Coin-Loss/Time-Penalty. No bad feeling at all!

Well letz say an AI like the AI of bosses gets added. U already might have seen a few pokes of your opponent so u know what u have to await. So it most likely results into a fast finish for you with winning a coin. Most likely u were far ahead anyway since your opponent just DCd with no hope for a win.

How long does it need to end the game vs an AI who doesnt switch or smth? 2-3 mins maybe?

So this solution is also abusable with friends/2nd Accs. U or your friend/2nd account just have to play 2 or 3 mins longer. Its still not as excessive as insta queuing up and DC.

In my eyes this is literally the same as just giving the winner his Coin. So the question is, is it really worth to implement this instead of giving a coin to the winner directly? How long might it take and how long does "winner" still have to suffer under DCs?

Well as already mentioned each of these solutions is better than it is at the moment.

I like your second option, with the penalty. I think that might discourage more people from disconnecting.

248211 Imao, Wall of text. xd Whoops, sry. :P

Solution 1:

Solution 2:

Solution 3:

Nice sum up

• 2 weeks later...

Its quite hilarious that you are going to punish people as the solution to a bug instead of fixing it. Disconnecting should just give the win to the opponent. Not to mention that people can have legitimate connection or computer problem. I've lost like 4 ranked games because of my random display crashes, and now I'm gonna get my account banned because my PC shuts down when I'm about to lose? Non sense.

I agree with losing a coin upon disconnection, thought, since its really boring for the opponent (even if they get their coin).

My wishlist :

- Epic Tyranitar (almost any nature)

- Epic Jolly Garchomp 31 speed

My shop:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=38654

248211U play 10 games a day and u disconnect in 50% of the games. I mean if your internet is that unstable, why even go into PvP? In earlier seasons u had also 0 Chance on a rating into top 25, even if u are the best player in the world.

I know someone who dc'ed a lot because of his unstable 4g and still managed to climb to the rank 5 of blue pvp players so ^^

257516 Its quite hilarious that you are going to punish people as the solution to a bug instead of fixing it. Disconnecting should just give the win to the opponent. Not to mention that people can have legitimate connection or computer problem. I've lost like 4 ranked games because of my random display crashes, and now I'm gonna get my account banned because my PC shuts down when I'm about to lose? Non sense.

I agree with losing a coin upon disconnection, thought, since its really boring for the opponent (even if they get their coin).

Couldn't agree more. Just give the winner his coin, dc or not. This might not be THAT hard to code (even if it's hard then it would be easier than coding an AI to finish the game imo)

I've not done that much Ranked PvP yet this season, but i am slowly getting into it and i have a single, very strong opinion about d/c-ers who do so because they know they are about to lose, denying the winning players his/her PvP Coin:

These d/c-ers have to be barred out and kept away from Ranked PvP on PRO. I, personally, will report anyone who disconnects on me in Ranked PvP in such a situation.

If you know you have a bad connection and still play Ranked PvP, knowing that you might/will eventually d/c because your connection is bad: You should either stick to playing Unranked PvP instead or risk getting reported a couple of times a day at least if you d/c mid-battle in Ranked PvP.

Last but not least: i'd like to point out to those who want to play PvP for fun, there's the option to battle in unranked battles. There's a good reason we have a Battle chat channel, that reason being that it enables you to find others who also PvP for fun.

A wanderer... is not always lost...

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7298&start=1210 Chronos <3

257516 Its quite hilarious that you are going to punish people as the solution to a bug instead of fixing it. Disconnecting should just give the win to the opponent. Not to mention that people can have legitimate connection or computer problem. I've lost like 4 ranked games because of my random display crashes, and now I'm gonna get my account banned because my PC shuts down when I'm about to lose? Non sense.

its quite hilarious that you are not even read the post carefully before throwing a comment :Bored:

258882 I have a suggestion that let the winner get 2 coins loser get 1 coin , DC also no coin, and increase the price of mount about 2000 to 3000 coin

this is a good idea, maybe with better rate like 3 : 1 and raise the item price 3 times. This might reduce the amount of intentional leaver.