1. 1. <t>Should those leaver get a punishment?</t>

• YES THEY SHOULD
    • NO JUST NO

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSnakeK

There is a surrender option in almost every single pvp based game in the world. Adding a Surrender option would be a good alternative, however as others have stated, there is the win trading issue. Rewarding the opponent with a win upon a surrender doesn't seem right.

My suggestion? Scrap the entire reward system and re-do it. Instead of requiring pvp coins in order to purchase items, require a certain rating in order to buy them. The coins were a great idea, but honestly it feels like they've been more trouble than its worth with all the controversy. So scrap it, and re-do the reward system.

I will lay it out here: So basically, upon reaching a certain rating threshold you are then allowed to access a tier within an NPC shop for PVP. You still gain rating if someone dc's. But they still lose rating if they dc on the opponent. Win trading would be seen as less of an issue here I feel since rating varies to higher degrees than something as simple as "1 coin/win". You can lose as much as 30+ rating from a game if you lose to someone far lower than your rank.

Once you gain access to a PVP tier from the NPC you can then purchase the item with Poke$ for (x) amount. I just feel like the introduction of the coin system was a great idea in theory, but having no backup plan to prevent people from abusing it by dcing on their opponents was an oversight.

259420 There is a surrender option in almost every single pvp based game in the world. Adding a Surrender option would be a good alternative, however as others have stated, there is the win trading issue. Rewarding the opponent with a win upon a surrender doesn't seem right.

My suggestion? Scrap the entire reward system and re-do it. Instead of requiring pvp coins in order to purchase items, require a certain rating in order to buy them. The coins were a great idea, but honestly it feels like they've been more trouble than its worth with all the controversy. So scrap it, and re-do the reward system.

I will lay it out here: So basically, upon reaching a certain rating threshold you are then allowed to access a tier within an NPC shop for PVP. You still gain rating if someone dc's. But they still lose rating if they dc on the opponent. Win trading would be seen as less of an issue here I feel since rating varies to higher degrees than something as simple as "1 coin/win". You can lose as much as 30+ rating from a game if you lose to someone far lower than your rank.

Once you gain access to a PVP tier from the NPC you can then purchase the item with Poke$ for (x) amount. I just feel like the introduction of the coin system was a great idea in theory, but having no backup plan to prevent people from abusing it by dcing on their opponents was an oversight.

One of the main reason that PvP coins implemented is to make more player play ranked PvP, so even a player w/ a weak team have a reason and purpose in PvP. Changing the system into the new system like you mentioned RID this purpose and makes the whole coin system that staff worked hard going to waste.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

One of the main reason that PvP coins implemented is to make more player play ranked PvP, so even a player w/ a weak team have a reason and purpose in PvP. Changing the system into the new system like you mentioned RID this purpose and makes the whole coin system that staff worked hard going to waste.

When something doesnt work you simply work on something else. It's how things work. You either attempt to fix it or try something new. There is nothing wrong with trying a new system. What I mentioned does absolutely NOTHING to rid people from having incentive to play pvp. Since you still get REWARDS, its just that the reward is different in the form of requiring pvp rating instead of pvp coins.

When something doesnt work you simply work on something else. It's how things work. You either attempt to fix it or try something new. There is nothing wrong with trying a new system. What I mentioned does absolutely NOTHING to rid people from having incentive to play pvp. Since you still get REWARDS, its just that the reward is different in the form of requiring pvp rating instead of pvp coins.

Don't you see those people in this post trying to fix the system by throwing their idea?

Yes nothing wrong with trying a new system. I get your idea, but your idea just not worth trying. Tons of people out there cant even pass over 100 rating, in that case those whole new system you mentioned are useless, no different from the old one, people on the bottom cant really feel the benefit of PvP.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

Don't you see those people in this post trying to fix the system by throwing their idea?

Yes nothing wrong with trying a new system. I get your idea, but your idea just not worth trying. Tons of people out there cant even pass over 100 rating, in that case those whole new system you mentioned are useless, no different from the old one, people on the surface cant really feel the benefit of PvP.

And this coin system has a deep flaw in which is causing more trouble than intended. Attaining specific items from the PVP NPC are not life and death. Live a little :Smile:

I'm sure they are considering everyone's advice and are thinking of what they can do to improve the current system :kiss:

259420 There is a surrender option in almost every single pvp based game in the world. Adding a Surrender option would be a good alternative, however as others have stated, there is the win trading issue. Rewarding the opponent with a win upon a surrender doesn't seem right.

:Cry:

What the hell are you saying ?! If I feel I lost and I don't want to waste my time, I surrender. Surrending = losing. Losing = the opponent wins, and thus he can be rewarded for that. :Angry:

However, I agree with what you said after that, this coin system is extremly unfair. Actually, only good players will get, in the end, the reward. Even if Futz is claiming that this system is made to encourage people to play PVP, this argument just makes me laugh. Do you remember guys when you started PVP ? I started in PRO (never played elsewhere) and I barely won 10 matches in a season and had several time the pleasure to lose 5 times or more in a row. Some people will try hard, others will give up quickly.

This system is very clearly only one-way. And the biggest injustice is that top-ladder will receive an ENORMOUS amount of coins IN ADDITION to all the ones they won by climbing it up.

To summarize, the coin system sucks.

4FVP

259420 My suggestion? Scrap the entire reward system and re-do it. Instead of requiring pvp coins in order to purchase items, require a certain rating in order to buy them. The coins were a great idea, but honestly it feels like they've been more trouble than its worth with all the controversy. So scrap it, and re-do the reward system.

This! :y:

Mikasa :Heart:

259437 Tons of people out there cant even pass over 100 rating, in that case those whole new system you mentioned are useless, no different from the old one, people on the bottom cant really feel the benefit of PvP.

Yeah, no. Im sure there are a lot of ppl with +100 rating.^^ And even if not make it rating = Coins at the end of season. Or whatever, pvp-rewards in general makes battling for more people interesting. So they wanna battle. You have found opponents in last seasons, too. xd

And if u wanna feel the benefit of PvP u have to work for it, not just brainless battling as some ppl do it in the moment. At the moment ppl with a lot of time and quantity in playing have a hugh advantage. If u are bad, well u get better or get each season like 50 coins (50rating) and save your coins for 10 seasons to get that mount. Hard? Yeah shouldnt be easy. In my opinion its super easy to get 300 rating if u just know a bit of pvp and proper team-building. I know so many guys who just started PvP with PRO and they easily get the 300 even if they dont play perfect. So why not remove the coins and and just give coins for rating?

The reward-system was a great idea, the coin-system is just meh.

However, I agree with what you said after that, this coin system is extremly unfair. Actually, only good players will get, in the end, the reward. Even if Futz is claiming that this system is made to encourage people to play PVP, this argument just makes me laugh. Do you remember guys when you started PVP ? I started in PRO (never played elsewhere) and I barely won 10 matches in a season and had several time the pleasure to lose 5 times or more in a row. Some people will try hard, others will give up quickly.

I remember the 1st time i start PvP on last march, my score was like 30 - 70 (win - lose). I lose a lot & i might win just by luck at that time, since i have no slight idea about pokemon battle (this is my 1st pokemon game). With the coins system at least that kind of struggle wont going to waste since you still get an amount of coins and give you purpose on pvp even though you got crap team. Giving up is their mental issue, you can't really do anything about that and it have no relevance with coin system because with or without it people with that kind of mentality will giving up eventually. So yea the coin reward at least encourage most people to keep doing PvP.

This system is very clearly only one-way. And the biggest injustice is that top-ladder will receive an ENORMOUS amount of coins IN ADDITION to all the ones they won by climbing it up.

To summarize, the coin system sucks.

If everyone win the same rewards in the end, the Competition LOSE ITS VERY PRINCIPLE :D:

259437 Tons of people out there cant even pass over 100 rating, in that case those whole new system you mentioned are useless, no different from the old one, people on the bottom cant really feel the benefit of PvP.

Yeah, no. Im sure there are a lot of ppl with +100 rating.^^ And even if not make it rating = Coins at the end of season. Or whatever, pvp-rewards in general makes battling for more people interesting. So they wanna battle. You have found opponents in last seasons, too. xd

And if u wanna feel the benefit of PvP u have to work for it, not just brainless battling as some ppl do it in the moment. At the moment ppl with a lot of time and quantity in playing have a hugh advantage. If u are bad, well u get better or get each season like 50 coins (50rating) and save your coins for 10 seasons to get that mount. Hard? Yeah shouldnt be easy. In my opinion its super easy to get 300 rating if u just know a bit of pvp and proper team-building. I know so many guys who just started PvP with PRO and they easily get the 300 even if they dont play perfect. So why not remove the coins and and just give coins for rating?

The reward-system was a great idea, the coin-system is just meh.

I've been there, when i 1st start PVP i cant even pass 70 rating points, and just like me not everyone have basic experience on pokemon battle and they need to learn the hard way to be on par with those experienced player.

What Snakek trying to suggest is a system where you can buy PVP stuff with poke$ base on your rating, so the rating here are the requirement to unlock the PVP item when you use poke$ to buy it.

I am not against the idea of reworking the reward system, i just against Snakek idea because its just not good at all.

As for your idea this might works, just need price adjustment for PvP item or else almost everyone will have pvp Cloaks & mounts in just 1 season.

But, with the 'rating = coin' system ranked PVP will dead in the end of seasos or maybe in the mid of season, people will stop pvp when they think they have enough rating so they can buy stuff they desired (they will be too afraid to lose, too afraid that they cant reach that certain amount of rating again). I know most people on top ladder will stop pvp when reach certain rating because they want to maintain their rank, but if this happens to every layers of PVP ratings, ranked PVP will dead in no time.

259603 I've been there, when i 1st start PVP i cant even pass 70 rating points, and just like me not everyone have basic experience on pokemon battle and they need to learn the hard way to be on par with those experienced player.

And in less than no time you are first. ;) But its like in other games. U cant expect to get out of bronze (less than 100 rating) without investing in your understandings and skills of the game. Since many abis arent working and u face the same pokes over and over again PRO is pretty good start-platform to get used to battling. U dont have to take care about so much stuff as in showdown for example.

259603 As for your idea this might works, just need price adjustment for PvP item or else almost everyone will have pvp Cloaks & mounts in just 1 season.

Ye, we dont want that. Shouldnt be to easy and getting adjusted as u said.

259603 But, with the 'rating = coin' system ranked PVP will dead in the end of seasos or maybe in the mid of season, people will stop pvp when they think they have enough rating so they can buy stuff they desired (they will be too afraid to lose, too afraid that they cant reach that certain amount of rating again). I know most people on top ladder will stop pvp when reach certain rating because they want to maintain their rank, but if this happens to every layers of PVP ratings, ranked PVP will dead in no time.

Yup, u might be right. Thats again fault of the system tho. This time cause of the ladder system/matchmaking system. If u sitting at 600 points and get matched vs 0 points player and u lose 3 million of your points in one match(cause of hax or a very good player just not playing much this season), thats not very motivating to keep playing after u reached a specific amount. So yeah just coins=rating might be a bad idea and kills the queue in no time.

Well idk, hard to find a solution for this, staff isnt talking much with us about it.^^ At least they notice that many ppl are unsatisfied with the current system.