Penalty for LEAVER in Ranked PVP

Futz

<t>Should those leaver get a punishment?</t>  

114 members have voted

1. 1. <t>Should those leaver get a punishment?</t>

• YES THEY SHOULD
    • NO JUST NO

Guest LiquidSnakeK

I don't get this blanket statement that "Everyone will be have pvp cloaks and mounts". Do you even realize how much pvp you have to do in order to even REACH a mount? Like to barely even sniff its beauty? For players like futz? Easy, for plebes like myself? Quite some time. A very small % of people will ever get a enough pvp coins to buy mounts in one season, even two seasons of pvp!

Not everyone is meant for pvp. So some people will leave and not want to play it. But with a rating reward system, providing a decent but yet STILL desirable reward at 100 rating, then 150-200 etc would still be attainable. As making 100 rating is quite easy once you get the hang of team building and not just throw a team of starters into your roster.

Also, if they want to quit pvp once they hit their reward, so what? You know how many people quit pro after they first start playing? My guess is not very many, you know why? Because its fun. So long as pvp is fun for whoever is playing it they will continue to play it regardless of if they get to the next tier or not. I'm not sure if there is a decay system in place so that you lose rating after some time etc. But even if there isn't, people will continue to play pvp if they enjoy it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I agree with what you said after that, this coin system is extremly unfair. Actually, only good players will get, in the end, the reward. Even if Futz is claiming that this system is made to encourage people to play PVP, this argument just makes me laugh. Do you remember guys when you started PVP ? I started in PRO (never played elsewhere) and I barely won 10 matches in a season and had several time the pleasure to lose 5 times or more in a row. Some people will try hard, others will give up quickly.

I remember the 1st time i start PvP on last march, my score was like 30 - 70 (win - lose). I lose a lot & i might win just by luck at that time, since i have no slight idea about pokemon battle (this is my 1st pokemon game). With the coins system at least that kind of struggle wont going to waste since you still get an amount of coins and give you purpose on pvp even though you got [Censored] team. Giving up is their mental issue, you can't really do anything about that and it have no relevance with coin system because with or without it people with that kind of mentality will giving up eventually. So yea the coin reward at least encourage most people to keep doing PvP.

This system is very clearly only one-way. And the biggest injustice is that top-ladder will receive an ENORMOUS amount of coins IN ADDITION to all the ones they won by climbing it up.

To summarize, the coin system sucks.

If everyone win the same rewards in the end, the Competition LOSE ITS VERY PRINCIPLE :D:

Of course, we all agree on this. Their must be a reward for the "best", to make PVP even more attractive, even if - let's be honest -, without reward people would still play it, at least for the sake of being top ladder. Your argument is fully invalid. And what makes me tick, is that the "best" receive 700 coins. 700. It's insane. Did you see the price of the PVP-coin stuff ?! 300k for a toxic orb (50 coins) -> this makes out of a PVP winner a 4 million $ reward *. If you were in front of me, I would ask you : Look me in the eyes and tell me this is fair.

700 coins is obvious overly abusive. Admit it. I am not able to reach top ladder (I am trying hard), but with such a bait, maybe i'll consider playing like an A** only to grab those 4 millions.

Do you see the problem ? Rewarding is great. Rewarding too much breaks the funny point of a game, since people will not come here for the beauty of the game, but only to get this reward. The previous system was much better (a cloak, showing that you earn your prestige! We should get rid of the new one. ASAP!

* even if price will very likely decrease by half in the next weeks, you can consider the reward being a minimum 1,5 million gain.

4FVP

260099 Of course, we all agree on this. Their must be a reward for the "best", to make PVP even more attractive, even if - let's be honest -, without reward people would still play it, at least for the sake of being top ladder. Your argument is fully invalid. And what makes me tick, is that the "best" receive 700 coins. 700. It's insane. Did you see the price of the PVP-coin stuff ?! 300k for a toxic orb (50 coins) -> this makes out of a PVP winner a 4 million $ reward. If you were in front of me, I would ask you : Look me in the eyes and tell me this is fair.

700 coins is obvious overly abusive. Admit it. I am not able to reach top ladder (I am trying hard), but with such a bait, maybe i'll consider playing like an A** only to grab those 4 millions.

Do you see the problem ? Rewarding is great. Rewarding too much breaks the funny point of a game.

Well, you do have a point.

The thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that the 25 top players earn so many coins when the 26th receive... nothing. The gap is just too important. Maybe a system with rewards based on percentage will be better. For example, something like : top 1% receive 500 coins, top 2% 400 coins, top 5% 200 coins, top 10% 80 coins and beyond nothing will be much fair.

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

Well, you do have a point.

The thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that the 25 top players earn so many coins when the 26th receive... nothing. The gap is just too important. Maybe a system with rewards based on percentage will be better. For example, something like : top 1% receive 500 coins, top 2% 400 coins, top 5% 200 coins, top 10% 80 coins and beyond nothing will be much fair.

Who said that this isnt the case? ;)

Guest SugarRed9

All these assumptions are based off of last seasons rewards. This seasons rewards weren't announced yet so everyone is just getting all wound up over nothing. Relax and just wait. We'll get more information.

Well u are totally right SugarRed, everything is just an assumption. We cant know, just staff knows. Or even they dont know and just Shane knows! :Proud:

What Shane said:

PvP Coins are now obtainable via being a top player in a season. Coins per rank will vary in all future seasons.

You will also gain 1 PvP Coin per Ranked Win (They may take awhile to update ingame)

Top 25 Ranked winners of a season will recieve an achievement + title & something else unique when we have the system fully done.

So what i asssume ( :Angel: ) is that everyone who has a more or less good ranking get coins according to his rank at end of season. Why should he just say "Top 25 ranked winners" at the end about the unique prizes if he could do so already at the beginning.

Well, ofc, thats just how i understand it, i could be completly wrong. U are right, just future shows. But we got a bit off topic here.

No Coins for winners, cause opponent dcs just s....! :Crazy:

However, I agree with what you said after that, this coin system is extremly unfair. Actually, only good players will get, in the end, the reward. Even if Futz is claiming that this system is made to encourage people to play PVP, this argument just makes me laugh. Do you remember guys when you started PVP ? I started in PRO (never played elsewhere) and I barely won 10 matches in a season and had several time the pleasure to lose 5 times or more in a row. Some people will try hard, others will give up quickly.

I remember the 1st time i start PvP on last march, my score was like 30 - 70 (win - lose). I lose a lot & i might win just by luck at that time, since i have no slight idea about pokemon battle (this is my 1st pokemon game). With the coins system at least that kind of struggle wont going to waste since you still get an amount of coins and give you purpose on pvp even though you got [Censored] team. Giving up is their mental issue, you can't really do anything about that and it have no relevance with coin system because with or without it people with that kind of mentality will giving up eventually. So yea the coin reward at least encourage most people to keep doing PvP.

This system is very clearly only one-way. And the biggest injustice is that top-ladder will receive an ENORMOUS amount of coins IN ADDITION to all the ones they won by climbing it up.

To summarize, the coin system sucks.

If everyone win the same rewards in the end, the Competition LOSE ITS VERY PRINCIPLE :D:

Of course, we all agree on this. Their must be a reward for the "best", to make PVP even more attractive, even if - let's be honest -, without reward people would still play it, at least for the sake of being top ladder. Your argument is fully invalid. And what makes me tick, is that the "best" receive 700 coins. 700. It's insane. Did you see the price of the PVP-coin stuff ?! 300k for a toxic orb (50 coins) -> this makes out of a PVP winner a 4 million $ reward *. If you were in front of me, I would ask you : Look me in the eyes and tell me this is fair.

Do you see the problem ? Rewarding is great. Rewarding too much breaks the funny point of a game, since people will not come here for the beauty of the game, but only to get this reward. The previous system was much better (a cloak, showing that you earn your prestige! We should get rid of the new one. ASAP!

* even if price will very likely decrease by half in the next weeks, you can consider the reward being a minimum 1,5 million gain.

said "we all agree on this" and then my "argument fully invalid"?? LOL

which argument are invalid? and tbh 4m rewards not a big deal please note that seasonal pvp reset like every 45-60 days even longer, also not to mention that these stuff value will keep drop over the time. If you have play another MMORPG you will realize that top competitive player there get way much more stuff and worth like crazy there.

In every MMORPG you need to make investment to be the top it could be time, money, and/or effort. And the value that those TOP 25 player invested on their game are much greater than 4m for sure, so if you think 4m are too big then you just a small minded person.

No need to attack me personally, I did not do that when I replied to you.

The argument of a reward is needed is invalid, yet I agreed on it since it makes the stuff more attractive - but it's absolutely not a must, like you seemed to pretend in one of your previous message.

Won't argue longer on the rest, like others has told, we do not know what will happen. However, a percentage would be great.

4FVP