Server queues and increasing playerbase

Dawts

246022 its not about new servers being too expensive, originally the game was coded for like 350 max players, increasing the cap again probably would lead to lots of crashes again, thats why it wont be increased.

Agreed, the whole player base should know that the game was coded for a small base of players as stated by Shane. If it wasn't, there wouldn't have been a need for the creation of two additional servers.

245990I think Shane has said that 1800 is the maximum slot cap the CURRENT servers can handle. He would have to buy new servers (machines) to increase capacity and this would be TOO costly. The only solution is a new server (game server). But as i said it's better to wait for schools to open and then see if the traffic is still high.

Upgrading servers isn't hard

Did i say it was hard...i said it was too costly.

S7dzLut.png

[glow=red]Check my

Mall![/glow]

New servers only accommodate newer players.

Very few already regular players want to restart on a new server just to avoid a queue - especially when some of us are so far along, anyways. I feel the same could be said for those newbies whom do already join in on a server. I mean, it may be time to prioritize VIP players towards getting in servers. I say this as a non-member, for now :y: . This addition would definitely be something starting a subscription again for.. knowing I could actually make the time I paid for worth it.

Honestly, I see nothing changing for a while. On one hand, the playerbase and popularity is great for the game's growth. Yet on the other hand, if your players can't play.. why stick around? I'll probably be here until the end regardless; but it'd be great to see some sort of system that may even allow data transfers across a new server to help better stabilize the imbalance of players on a server and in queue whilst making money transfers between servers less risky for those whom wish to be forced leaving behind their story and the like they've progressed in already.

But yeah, this event, the update, a weekend for the little tikes, all a perfect combo for hellacious queue times.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

246808 I mean, it may be time to prioritize VIP players towards getting in servers. I say this as a non-member, for now :y: . This addition would definitely be something starting a subscription again for.. knowing I could actually make the time I paid for worth it.

Devs have stated the that they will never give members priority in queue. As much as it would be great, not going to happen.

246808 but it'd be great to see some sort of system that may even allow data transfers across a new server to help better stabilize the imbalance of players on a server and in queue whilst making money transfers between servers less risky for those whom wish to be forced leaving behind their story and the like they've progressed in already.

Also not happening. The devs want to keep the servers separate, with their own economy, which stuff like save transfers would severely impact.

clannad3ah5s_by_ephayris-d7yshr3.jpg

#TEAM ROWLETT

200w.gif#2

Wouldn't mind seeing a grace period added or something in the event of being kicked off/crashing, or a typoed login info incident. like 5mins? Would help a lot. Why your account credentials are checked AFTER waiting the queue time instead of before is way beyond me. Makes no sense.