Power Shift to Buyer from Sellers in Trade Auctions

Guest LiquidSnakeK

1. 1.

I agree totally. Had that kind of experience with a seller on forums. I pm'd him about the price of an item, but he was unable to give a price, no insta (not even a ridiculously high one), no starting bid. He barely was answering to me after I added him to talk. When I asked when does auction end after making a serious offer, he told me to relax and not rush the sale. I asked him again since obviously I was not rushing anything and just asking the time of auction end, then he told me 10 years. I quit and told him to keep his stuff and blocked him. Then he said on forums that he reported me :D I'm quite sure he was a kid, thought, so can't really blame him, but trade forums should have general rules to avoid this.

TL;DR: I agree 100%, seller abuse their "right" in forums and buyer can't do anything about it.

Trade forum should have rules like "you need to set a starting bid" and "if a c.o stands for a week the seller has to sell", and stuff like that.

My wishlist :

- Epic Tyranitar (almost any nature)

- Epic Jolly Garchomp 31 speed

My shop:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=38654

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSnakeK

What I find odd is that some of the sellers on forums make rules as if they do not have to commit to the buyers. Whereas in game if you commit to a sale you can't just pull out simply because you want to. Sellers on forums create their own list of rules for their threads.

Guest SugarRed9

Yeah it really sucks how the seller can just close up shop and completely dismiss your offer in the middle of people bidding.

ehm..maybe u have a point...but don't make a deal if it too much of hour or date of bidding..and the seller I think 24hours is not good for bidding only mins are enough to sell a pokemon in good offer or what is ur want offer for it...

so my point is don't make a deal on a seller if u can find other seller that can make ur offer to c.o with minutes... and its depend on the buyer if he/she can wait too long for the pokemon he want to buy..

Guest LiquidSnakeK

so my point is don't make a deal on a seller if u can find other seller that can make ur offer to c.o with minutes...

That doesn't make sense. If I want to sell a pokemon within minutes I'll go to trade chat, Which in and of itself is horrendous to deal with as a seller/buyer. The point of auctions is so that there is time for bidders to make offers over an extended period of time. The issue is not necessarily the amount of time an auction lasts, its what terms are applied to said auction. If there are 10 people bidding on an auction and 24 hours has passed and the seller has YET to set an insta, or even worse, has set an insta price and decides to just change the value of his pokes.

so my point is don't make a deal on a seller if u can find other seller that can make ur offer to c.o with minutes...

That doesn't make sense. If I want to sell a pokemon within minutes I'll go to trade chat, Which in and of itself is horrendous to deal with as a seller/buyer. The point of auctions is so that there is time for bidders to make offers over an extended period of time. The issue is not necessarily the amount of time an auction lasts, its what terms are applied to said auction. If there are 10 people bidding on an auction and 24 hours has passed and the seller has YET to set an insta, or even worse, has set an insta price and decides to just change the value of his pokes.

oww sorry I get ur point now..so maybe admin or any gm can visit the trade here in furom and chack if the bidding is always in good offer not over price or over price of insta..maybe something like that...so my suggestion is don't let the the other post a selling or starting bidding here in furom without an insta so they cant rude the price or higher the insta of the real price of that pokemon..(sorry bad English)

Guest LiquidSnakeK
248415 This is an interesting topic, i plan to follow this to see how the bulk of the community feels on this subject.

The only issue is that the bulk of the PRO community doesn't even use the trade forums. Sure there is thousands of posts since the forums inception, but that only accounts for a small % of the entire community as a whole. Most trades are done in trade chat.

Unfortunately because of this fact, what I listed in my post only affects a small % of the players that DO use the trade forums. Which in itself is small compared to the amount of players that are on the PRO servers at any given time. Unless this is indeed untrue, then apologies for my assumptions.

I personally never used the forums to buy anything because I know how scary it can be. I buy from my guild which feels like heaven compared to forum sellers. It's a very unfriendly place especially for the newer generation of players who are clueless what for hell they're setting foot in.

It needs change. Rules.