Power Shift to Buyer from Sellers in Trade Auctions

Guest LiquidSnakeK

1. 1.

Guest LiquidSnakeK
249475 whos doing this?

Well there were a few posts in the trade forum that were basically inventing their own rules. One who was notified of this post and changed his rules. But there are others in the trade threads that just modify their insta prices without any notification to buyers. Or make buyers wait 2 days without even adding an insta, thus essentially wasting a buyers time. I understand they are not obligated to add an insta however simply saying "If I dont like the price I just wont sell, even if I dont add an insta price."

If a seller has no intention of selling if the price doesn't just gouge so they can get more money, its time consuming for both parties.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8. Deceiving/Scamming people when it comes to trading or battling is prohibited.

Aside from that rule, which strictly disallows any sort of scamming (promise of giving the said Pokemon to claiming a pokemon is shiny while it isn't etc.) Players do have the power to enforce their own price in their trades, wether the amount is valid or not. Its upto the buyers wether to buy it or not. However, if the said player increases the price to lets say 20m for a random person and 10k for a friend, that falls under scamming as well. Thats the zone where you are allowed to report the said player. Sellers have the option to name their price, and the buyer has the option not to buy it. Prices wont be narrowed down to your liking unless the seller is willing to. Neither Staff nor Players have the authority to dictate this.

Here is a little economics tip. If you choke a certain brand by protesting against it with not buying anything it sells, it will die off or submit to the demands of their buyers.

There are set of rules what traders can and cannot do : https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32484

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Guest LiquidSnakeK
249486 8. Deceiving/Scamming people when it comes to trading or battling is prohibited.

Prices wont be narrowed down to your liking unless the seller is willing to. Neither Staff nor Players have the authority to dictate this.

Here is a little economics tip. If you choke a certain brand by protesting against it with not buying anything it sells, it will die off or submit to the demands of their buyers.

I understand that rule completely. However this is nothing to do what I am referring to. I understand that a player has the right to price their pokemon however they want to. I never protested that. It was the fact that certain players were adjusting their prices/insta prices MID AUCTION simply because they wanted to get more money.

Leaving open a gray area so that if say Player A: Has an insta of 450. and Player B: Says he will pay that insta, Player A could then just change the insta price since he now knows someone is willing to pay an (x) amount for (x) pokemon. Since he stated in his auction rules that he could change an insta price EVEN MID AUCTION It basically leaves a buyer powerless. However from what i've gathered this is against the rules. So how those auctions were even allowed to maintain those rules escapes me.

Unless I misinterpreted the rules to begin with.

changing the price mid auction is the same as deceiving a player (or many, according to how many people are in the auction).

This is why i prefer to go to players who are just selling, and not auctioning.

Any player caught doing this (and/or making rules stating that theyre allowed to do this), should be reported with the appropriate proof to the report center.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

249486 8. Deceiving/Scamming people when it comes to trading or battling is prohibited.

Prices wont be narrowed down to your liking unless the seller is willing to. Neither Staff nor Players have the authority to dictate this.

I understand that rule completely. However this is nothing to do what I am referring to. I understand that a player has the right to price their pokemon however they want to. I never protested that. It was the fact that certain players were adjusting their prices/insta prices MID AUCTION simply because they wanted to get more money.

Leaving open a gray area so that if say Player A: Has an insta of 450. and Player B: Says he will pay that insta, Player A could then just change the insta price since he now knows someone is willing to pay an (x) amount for (x) pokemon. Since he stated in his auction rules that he could change an insta price EVEN MID AUCTION It basically leaves a buyer powerless. However from what i've gathered this is against the rules. So how those auctions were even allowed to maintain those rules escapes me.

Unless I misinterpreted the rules to begin with.

When that happens, you have the right to report the said player. Having the evidence of both edited and unedited version of the thread. If you can be bothered by it. Without evidence, staff are powerless to act.

Additionaly, this topic belongs in general game talk rather than suggestions, atleast from what i've seen.

spacer.png

Guest LiquidSnakeK

Well I did lay down a few suggestions to help provide a seemingly more balanced trading experience on the forums. Since until PRO gets an auction house implemented (Which I saw a thread saying that it was indeed in the works just has no ETA), having some form of trading rules that are set in stone so that players who create auctions know exactly what they can and cannot list as rules.

In my TL;DR of a post I did indeed list some suggestions :Angel:

I would just buy for set prices or in an auction i would bid one time and just this one time. Then i would leave it. If someone just post a Poke without price Tag i dont even start a discussion about it. So annyoing. :confused:

I mean who is doing Screenshots/Video proof for every single potential trade of trade-chat stuff? Then suddenly insta-price changes and rip i forgot to take the screenshot. xd

I know staff is powerless without that and i totally understand that. Otherwise u could blame and get ban any ppl u dont like. xd

All this makes me gonna avoid trade-chat at all. I bought 2 Pokes in >1500h game time outside of my guild. And one of it was a 10k horsea at my start of the game. I have so many good pokes in my boxes i could sell but meh, to annyoing to deal with ppl out of the trade-channel. I tried it once with a set price, ppl said they would buy, then they changed their mind etc etc. While 10 other ppl wants a answer, holy moly, thats stressing. I mean its luckily not everyone but there are so many, many ppl out there in the community who are so selfish, trying to use every single possiblity to enrich themselves or to let other ppl suffer. xd

I mean thats not PRO-stuff, thats just typical for every single MMO. U cant avoid it. But u can implement systems/rules who prevent such behaviour.

So ill sitting back until auction house finally comes, catching with a smile on my face my own pokes or trade in guild, while the mad kids gonna get mad at each other in trade. ;)

U might be ofc more resistent than me, but hey, its everyones own choice. :y:

Trades, especially in the forums as easily exploitable. A player can soft-edit their post to change the price of their trades at will. Unless you can provide evidence of the said trade. There is not much that can be done, staff side atleast. However, i'll list down a few suggestions of my own to prevent such things from occuring :

1 - Trade posts that are unable to edit without trade-mod permission (the post have to be reported by the OP for a t-mod to edit it out. I.E. : Pokemon 1 has been sold, edit it out.

2- Each trade thread has to be approved by trade mods as must be screenshotted before approval and stored for further analysis (for reports, post editing and whatnot)

spacer.png

Guest LiquidSnakeK
249565 Trades, especially in the forums as easily exploitable. A player can soft-edit their post to change the price of their trades at will. Unless you can provide evidence of the said trade. There is not much that can be done, staff side atleast. However, i'll list down a few suggestions of my own to prevent such things from occuring :

1 - Trade posts that are unable to edit without trade-mod permission (the post have to be reported by the OP for a t-mod to edit it out. I.E. : Pokemon 1 has been sold, edit it out.

2- Each trade thread has to be approved by trade mods as must be screenshotted before approval and stored for further analysis (for reports, post editing and whatnot)

This is a great suggestion. +1

My only concern with this is the amount of work a tmod may have considering the amount of activity the trade forums have on an individual level. As far as the soft editing goes. The ENJIN forum service allows anyone with authorization to view an edit to a post. I imagined the same was possible on these forums, even though it is not ENJIN.