NPC Reset

Spacedoge420

Hello fellow Pokemon trainers,

I know that this has already been suggested and that our kind devs have implemented the claydols in response.

However, I feel that there is still room for improvement concerning the NPC resets.

I've played through all 3 regions now and have caught my fair share of pokemon. After about a week of non-stop catching starters I needed to get the hell out of Kanto. It had been a while since I last visited Hoenn so I figured I'dd take the ferry to Lillycove and go about exploring that wonderfull region. Unfortunately I started regretting my decision way too soon... My plan was to get from Lillycove to Rustboro City and from there start looking for pokemon I didn't catch playing through the region for the first time. I could use the teleporter to get there fast but I like to cruise through the world on my awesome new Latias mount. I never made it to Rustboro City.

EVERY trainer I had once beaten was out to get me again, and they soon regretted their self complacency against my lvl 100 team with their lvl 20 meditites and geodudes. As trainer after trainer lost, so did I lose interest in exploring this magical world of pokemon. And THAT is exactly the problem with the NPC resets. After beating the E4 and all trainers it should be fun to go back and discover quests and new pokemon, but now it just isn't.

So here goes my suggestion. Some kind of NPC toggle to turn off NPC rematches would do the trick. However, I don't know if these NPCs are server-sided or client-sided let alone if this would even be possible at all. Another alternative would be to introduce a new hold item like the cleanse tag that would repel trainers instead of wild pokemon. There could be a quest linked to the hold item. Something like "A young trainer -the player- worked hard to achieve his ultimate goal of becoming pokemon champion. But even after becoming the best, it seems he's been cursed to endlessly rebattling trainers. Relentlessly he's searching for a cure to this curse... bla bla bla". The quest should probably be considered as end-game content.

To summarize: the NPC resets have a negative effect on exploration and transportation in the game. The claydol teleportation is fine but is not a solution to the NPC resets.

Sincerely yours,

a PRO player

*EDIT: Spelling

It is not currently possible to turn NPC rebattles off, without recoding the whole NPC system.

this is why the teleporters exist, as a workaround.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

this is something I'm experiencing now for the first time aswell, going through areas that I've already completed, but every battle-NPC still thinking they can pick a fight with me, which really gets annoying after 5 NPC's or so.

instead of a toggle I'd rather like the option of not having the NPC's automatically talk to you and fight you if you've already beat them once.

with that I mean, if an NPC wants to battle you, the NPC notices you (exclamation mark) and walks to you and starts fighting you. if you've already beat that NPC once, the NPC should no longer be able to automatically detect and fight you, but you should still able to talk to the NPC yourself and fight the NPC again.