PvP - Laddersystem

Prehax

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They won against ppl with more rating or lost less than you? Last season, a guy in Red that I know, won more than 550 games and still out of top25 lol.

I think it's fine, my "climbing strategy" is just the same.. I wait for ppl to get more rating before I start. So the rating I earn each game worth it.. you don't want to win 2-3 rating per game don't you?

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

And i hoped to find a constructive suggesten for the Laddersystem! Instead i read:

253852 I have 64 wins and 17 out of the Top25 got less wins than me, isn't this quite "unfair". They won like 15 or 20 games in a row to get this rating and now they are just sitting in the Top25 till the season ends and earn 750cc (maybe more/less).

U noticed u also have 97 losses? So what u suggest is to take the unranked PvP-Ladder. Who wins most games is in the top 25. Dont u think its unfair to be in top 25 with more losses than wins? And if they wanna "sit" on their points, yeah why not. If u start winning as much as they do without losing in between im sure you are in top 25 super quick.

253902 I think it's fine, my "climbing strategy" is just the same.. I wait for ppl to get more rating before I start. So the rating I earn each game worth it.. you don't want to win 2-3 rating per game don't you?

253922 i won 3 points vs someone with zero points and when i lost to another with zero i lost like 30 lol but you gotta keep trying cuz pvp here is crazy.

And thats why ppl keep "sitting on their coins". Or play "safe teams" cause they are afraid to lose 30 points or more vs 0 ranked ladder guy who just has the luck of his life vs u. Just cause he is at 0 points atm doesnt mean he is bad. What i dont like at all is that its even possible to face 0 ranked players and lose/win that much. Well otherwise u would never find a match, right? xd Thats what makes it a bit complicated.

quality over quantity any day. The key to being in the top 25 and remaining there is to try and not lose as many battles while trying to win most of them. Ratio wise about 3-4 wins per loss at the bare minimum. Also don't overdo it and battle like 20+ times a day because that just wears off your team and your chances of losing increase.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

Sooo.. The current system seems to be similar to what a leadboard in COD would be. Where in team deathmatch the one with the highest KDA is the winner. They would be 110-80. But still have the highest kda. Alternatively they could 25-1, and be the leader because their kda is higher. Does this mean that skill wise, no better yet, EFFORT wise the player with a 25-1 kda is BETTER or more experienced than say the person with 4x as many games won? Sure he may have lost alot, but he certainly put more game time effort in by playing so many games.

Granted you have to keep in mind. There are only a few players in the top 25 that have lower than 30 wins. NOBODY in the top 25 of this seasons ranked pvp ladder on RED server has less than 40 games won.

At any rate, the ranking system seems to be alright. One thing also to keep in mind. League of Legends has a similar system in place. You can see people in Bronze 5 that have 400 games played in that division. Where players in Diamond 1 can have 30 games played. Does that mean the Bronze player is better than the Diamond player? Absolutely not lmao.

The current ranking system is fine. It's the meta game that needs a change imo :devil:

253902 a guy in Red that I know, won more than 550 games and still out of top25 lol.

seems fair to me, he puts so much effort into pvp and wont get any "fair" reward

253998 And i hoped to find a constructive suggesten for the Laddersystem! Instead i read:

"lose less" seems like a constructive answer too

253998 U noticed u also have 97 losses?

I never said that I deserve Top25 or anything, just seems unnatural to me

253998 So what u suggest is to take the unranked PvP-Ladder.

?????

253998 i dont like at all is that its even possible to face 0 ranked players and lose/win that much. Well otherwise u would never find a match, right? xd Thats what makes it a bit complicated.

400rating can face 0 rating and will win for obv reasons, seems legit

254038 what about try to not lose?

best answer

254094 NOBODY in the top 25 of this seasons ranked pvp ladder on RED server has less than 40 games won.

thats why I posted the ladder of the yellow server, cuz i am playing on this server

254094 t any rate, the ranking system seems to be alright. One thing also to keep in mind. League of Legends has a similar system in place. You can see people in Bronze 5 that have 400 games played in that division. Where players in Diamond 1 can have 30 games played. Does that mean the Bronze player is better than the Diamond player? Absolutely not lmao.

yeah and Bronze will never get matched vs Diamond

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Even if i feel this might be hopeless i`ll try one more time.

253998 And i hoped to find a constructive suggesten for the Laddersystem! Instead i read:

"lose less" seems like a constructive answer too

253998 U noticed u also have 97 losses?

I never said that I deserve Top25 or anything, just seems unnatural to me

U obv claimed that u dont understand why ppl with 25 wins can be in the ladder while ppl with 100 wins arent or "less" wins arent in the top25. U have to agree that u said this is "unnatural."

So u want the ppl who invested most of their time in pvp earns to get the coins and not the best pvp players, do i understand that right? Or u think that the players with most wins are the best players, right?

So a player with 200 wins and 1000 losses is a better player than a player with 50 wins and 3 losses?

253998 So what u suggest is to take the unranked PvP-Ladder.

?????

Come on, even formulate a question. If u check homepage there is unranked ladder too. If u can make the screenshots im sure u will find that rating. There the players are ranked by their wins. The ranking just counts unofficial battles where u manually battle friends or someone else. Found it?

254155 400rating can face 0 rating and will win for obv reasons, seems legit

254094 t any rate, the ranking system seems to be alright. One thing also to keep in mind. League of Legends has a similar system in place. You can see people in Bronze 5 that have 400 games played in that division. Where players in Diamond 1 can have 30 games played. Does that mean the Bronze player is better than the Diamond player? Absolutely not lmao.

yeah and Bronze will never get matched vs Diamond

In my eyes current ranking system isnt good. Its...acceptable. I´ll try to explain why.

First, LoL is much more skill-heavy than Pokemon PvP. In no universe a bronze player will ever beat a diamond player if he tryhards. Even a silver or gold player will almost lose always a 1v1.

I think Pokemon is more like Poker. Out of 100 heads ups the professional poker player will win more in the end, due to a luck-component its impossible for him to beat the Amateur 100 times. If the amateur doesnt even know that a straight beats a pair, well, then the Pro might win 100 games. Its like u would keep attacking Gengar with bodyslams.^^

Pokemon is pretty similar in my eyes. The more skill u have, the more games u win, but its not impossible to lose for a 400 ranked player vs a 30 ranked player, especially if all moves/abilities are working. Im sure u all know the hax where u get critted 4 times in a row, smash your face 7 turn in a row or get para 4 turns in a row.^^

In LoL u rank up alone for a ranked match and there is no chance u get mixed against a bronze player if u are diamond Division. U even have a hidden ELO that u get faster in your division where u belong. I wont go to much in detail. But there is no possibility to have a match, where u have to play a stomp from the beginning on. Thats not fun for the bronze player or diamond player. Its just boring.

What i would like to see in Pro-PvP is that everyone has to rank up before u get matched vs higher ranked players. It shouldnt be possible that a 500 ranked player has to face a 0 ranked player. That would be the same like in LoL or even showdown. U have to rank up first so u can play games on "your Skill-level". Due to hax, unfortunate team match ups, u cant win every game, but the more u win the faster u rank up. But in PRO it seems not possible, cause of the pvp-playerbase. There just arent as much player queuing up like in LoL or in Shodown. The queue times wouldnt be acceptable anymore. So this might never happen. Thats just realistic.

So the ranking system isnt good, its just acceptable. Thats how it is. But even with this system better players will be at TOP-ladder in the end, even if they lose 30 points or more in a few matches. But im interested to see how competitive PRO-PvP can be with this system, without TEAM-preview and no proper matchmaking at all, when all moves/items/abilities are working as they should. ;)

Ah yeah and one thing to add: Atm u get PvP-Coins for wins, so if u put a lot more time into ranked PvP u can buy the same or maybe even more items than a good PvP-player with less wins but a better win/loss-ratio. ;) So the effort is not getting unnoticed!

So