Ban all non tradeable Pokemons from PVP

Waynetrain999

I also agree with futz's idea of making them recatchable, maybe after beating one or two hard bosses.

It seems unfair that some people are lucky enough to have competitive legendaries while most of us don't. I understand that, as in any other RPG, luck is an important factor; if they were recatchable (maybe once every two weeks), RNG would still be playing an important factor, as it could be possible to get a competitive poke at the fist try, but it would also be possible to only get it at the 20th. However, not having the chance of repeating the capture is way too unfair.

In terms of competitive game, even if everyone was able to get a 20+ iv legendary, it would not be such a big change for PVP, as they are not overpowered pokes and they can be countered. In my opinion, it would actually bring some variety to the actual PVP meta, making combats more fun.

I agree with PRO policy of making legendaries hard to catch, only after a long quest with high requirements. If this was implemented, it would make the possibility of getting a legendary poke even more difficult, as people would have to spend about 2-3 months to get a decent one. It would also bring legendary pokes to its epic place again because, to be honest, the only utility they have nowadays is to use them as HM slaves.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

276511 I also agree with futz's idea of making them recatchable, maybe after beating one or two hard bosses.

It seems unfair that some people are lucky enough to have competitive legendaries while most of us don't. I understand that, as in any other RPG, luck is an important factor; if they were recatchable (maybe once every two weeks), RNG would still be playing an important factor, as it could be possible to get a competitive poke at the fist try, but it would also be possible to only get it at the 20th. However, not having the chance of repeating the capture is way too unfair.

In terms of competitive game, even if everyone was able to get a 20+ iv legendary, it would not be such a big change for PVP, as they are not overpowered pokes and they can be countered. In my opinion, it would actually bring some variety to the actual PVP meta, making combats more fun.

I agree with PRO policy of making legendaries hard to catch, only after a long quest with high requirements. If this was implemented, it would make the possibility of getting a legendary poke even more difficult, as people would have to spend about 2-3 months to get a decent one. It would also bring legendary pokes to its epic place again because, to be honest, the only utility they have nowadays is to use them as HM slaves.

100% agreed. should be able to recatch them after beating nikola, regardless if u caught them already or not.

276511 ...

I doubt that it would mix up anything. Else we would see all players with good ones spam them like hell. They are good to suprise an enemy from time to time but they arent good enough to be played consistently. And we are lacking content right now that would weaken them like pursuit, choice scarf.

Jirachi and Mew are unable to challenge a Slobro+Blissey combo. Celebi could challenge Slowbro, but it struggles against to many of the current offensive pokemons.

276511 ...

I doubt that it would mix up anything. Else we would see all players with good ones spam them like hell. They are good to suprise an enemy from time to time but they arent good enough to be played consistently. And we are lacking content right now that would weaken them like pursuit, choice scarf.

Jirachi and Mew are unable to challenge a Slobro+Blissey combo. Celebi could challenge Slowbro, but it struggles against to many of the current offensive pokemons.

Mew beats Blissey + Slowbro

Mew beats Blissey + Slowbro

its not about beating its about challenging. Everyone knows the x beats y thing, but how many good players let pokemon y stay in when they have pokemon z in the team to handle x?

You can build more teams around slowbro+blissey than around spdef mew+anything. And because of that u cant even pick mew as a counter because it may be useless against most of the teamcomps. And if u want to challenge slowbro+blissey with a stallbreaker there are ones that add more to a team. And i can say that because i have a calm mew with 70% of the relevent iv's.

celebi can challenge slowbro's slot as a psychic type because the likes of blastoise, swampert, milotic, ... can fill the physical wall role while celebi can handle stuff like rain teams, hippowdon+excadrill, breloom and fighting types and adds offensive pressence. Nevertheless its still pressured by talonflame, staraptor, togekiss, weavile, bisharp, gengar or even tyranitar in sand.

100 base stats look cool because u could use the pokemon in many different ways. But u most likely find another pokemon for that role with better typing or key stats. Additionally u cant change the legendary in PRO so there is no surprise after the first battle.

Guest YourMomGr

does someone from the ones suggesting that they should be banned or the ones suggesting they should be recaptured have good or epic legendaries?luck is an important factor of this game anyway..some caught epic rare shinies some epic legendaries..and to be more specific jirachi is like a togekiss,mew as a setup sweeper is not better than a ninetails or a togekiss or a garchomp and celebi is not even in ou cause grass psychic has a dozen of weaknesses..i look forward for the release of manarphy and seeing people crying about how they got swept by a tail glow one

270424 Hello,

As the staff doesnt want to make legendaries like Mew, Celebi, ... tradeable (for whatever reason) they should be banned from pvp because its unfair (one could catch a top calm mew with amazing stats, the other one gets [Censored] nature with low ivs).

270543 Lol, the only reason why lower legends like Mew and Celebi are ingame are because they have base stats less than 600. There are quite a few regular pokes with base stats greater than 600 that are stronger than mew and celebi.

Basically, as Giovanni said... You can check this post ( https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=33054 ) for all Pokemon agreed to be banned in PvP - you'll notice these are all legendary Pokemon with over 600 base stats.

Also, an option to recycle and recapture your legendary (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi) is not going to be implemented, due to people then farming that Pokemon as their current is "trash" and then every person in the server has a 6x 25+ IV Mew. As YourMomGr said, luck and RNG is a big factor in the MMO gameplay of PRO.

Finally, for those saying its unfair that someone received a good IV Mew/Celebi/Jirachi and they didnt, again, luck plays a big part. It doesnt offer any benefit in PvP realistically, as every Pokemon has a counter, thats the beauty of PvP - building a team to combat every opposing threat - Mew, Celebi and Jirachi included. If these Pokemon had been Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Arceus, i'd understand and agree this was un-balanced and unfair to battle against, but again, thats why Mewtwo, Rayquaza and Arceus are banned in PvP.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Also, an option to recycle and recapture your legendary (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi) is not going to be implemented, due to people then farming that Pokemon as their current is "trash" and then every person in the server has a 6x 25+ IV Mew. As YourMomGr said, luck and RNG is a big factor in the MMO gameplay of PRO.

Why not link it to the boss, 26 chances a year will certainly not result in "every person in the server" having an epic legendary.

I don't think this is an issue right now since the three implemented legendaries are outclassed by plenty of Pokemon, and Jirachi in particular needs a Choice Scarf to be effective. It'll be a much different story once Choice Scarves and Manaphy are added into the game though.

279530 I don't think this is an issue right now since the three implemented legendaries are outclassed by plenty of Pokemon, and Jirachi in particular needs a Choice Scarf to be effective. It'll be a much different story once Choice Scarves and Manaphy are added into the game though.

This is an issue, its not about counter, outclassed or whatever you and other people mentioned. Its about the varieties and options in TEAM BUILD, decent / epic legendary = wider options in team build and not everyone have this option since they got very trash legendaries.