Team Preview (PvP)

Tr3y

I think most people who are involved in PvP on or off of the game probably have some idea of what Team Preview is. But for those who don't know, Team Preview is when you are given the ability to see your opponent's Pokemon at the beginning of the battle. This gives you the option of choosing a lead Pokemon based on the opponents team. You can also predict their playstyle and movesets if you are knowledgeable enough in regards to PvP. This was introduced in Generation 5 Pokemon games and completely changed competitive Pokemon. I strongly believe that if this feature was a part of PRO, the competitive part of the game would also change for the better. Also, given the fact that the player with the advantageous match-up on the first turn has an edge for the entire battle, winning or losing is on many occasions determined by your lead Pokemon."You can get information from Team Preview that will be invaluable throughout the battle. You can figure out how to accomplish your goals and what roadblocks your opponent might have to those goals. You can figure out the best course of action to remove these roadblocks. Team Preview is one of if not the most important parts of a battle." (Jukain). I can go on and on about the positive things that come from Team Preview but here is what it looks like on the battle simulator, Pokemon Showdown:

pokemonshowdown.png

and here is what it looks like on Gen 5/6 handheld games:

team_preview.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

More information on the introduction of Team Preview can be found here: https://www.smogon.com/tiers/ou/advantage_team_preview

Should definetely be implemented. To be honest pvp is in high need of a major overhaul. We need many things implemented and fixed.

A battle chat keeping track of what happened and the pokemon displaying boosts currently active and hp left in % are key.

Hope they will focus on that because i didn't see any improvement in the last months.

The skill of a player is inversely proportional to the number of confuse ray users he runs on his team.

274392 Should definetely be implemented. To be honest pvp is in high need of a major overhaul. We need many things implemented and fixed.

A battle chat keeping track of what happened and the pokemon displaying boosts currently active and hp left in % are key.

Hope they will focus on that because i didn't see any improvement in the last months.

We can only hope :/

274392 Should definetely be implemented. To be honest pvp is in high need of a major overhaul. We need many things implemented and fixed.

Yea I agree with you here. There's a lot more that I could suggest but it seems like PvP isn't the focus :( I'd even be willing to help make tier lists for the game etc. But meh, nice points though. :)

Yea I agree with you here. There's a lot more that I could suggest but it seems like PvP isn't the focus :( I'd even be willing to help make tier lists for the game etc. But meh, nice points though. :)

Although i do agree that these suggestions can improve the PvP system, we must keep in mind that PRO isn't a battle simulator (and is not supposed to become one) like Showdown or Shoddybattle/PO/Netbattle used to be. So i don't think there will be any chat keeping track of a battle (yes, it may be annoying not to remember how many calm mind/dragon dance/whatever boosts are in play but even in the official 3DS games, we cannot keep track of our battles, it's only exclusive to battle simulators). However, a team preview should indeed be implemented for all the reasons above

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

Although i do agree that these suggestions can improve the PvP system, we must keep in mind that PRO isn't a battle simulator (and is not supposed to become one) like Showdown or Shoddybattle/PO/Netbattle used to be. So i don't think there will be any chat keeping track of a battle (yes, it may be annoying not to remember how many calm mind/dragon dance/whatever boosts are in play but even in the official 3DS games, we cannot keep track of our battles, it's only exclusive to battle simulators). However, a team preview should indeed be implemented for all the reasons above

Yea I agree with you. Since a chat that keeps track of battle moves isn't in the handhelds then it may be unnecessary for it to be in PRO. I am all for things that are introduced in the handheld games because that is what PRO is based off of. Thank you for your response.

It needs team preview badly. The cheesy tactics that only work once can be a major part of the game and reduce the skill needed. It also makes pokemon that can get trapped by goth and or magnezone close to unplayable.

Besides this, ability to spectate games with some delay would also be extremely cool. (with battlers permission ofc).

Than obviusly all the bug fixes and abilities etc.