azumaril problem

Rkiriakos

289527 Hello, I'm sorry to see that you are having troubles dealing with Azumarill. I will provide you with ways of which I use to handle it:

Venusaur: When you invest enough speed EVs on Venusaur it can outspeed Azumarill and proceed to OHKO it with its respective STAB moves in Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb. The preferable speed stat you want to reach is 200 because an Azumarill with maximum speed can only reach a speed of 199. Given you have a Bold nature with HP and Defense EV investment, Aqua Jet will not OHKO you unless your Venusaur has taken prior damage.

Talonflame (Gale Wings): With 252 EVs invested in Attack, Talonflame will easily outspeed Azumarill with a prioritized STAB Brave Bird after Azumarill has used Belly Drum. With one Swords Dance, Talonflame can OHKO Azumarill when it is even at full health.

Roserade: Roserade's speed tier makes it a solid counter Azumarill. Wish HP investment, Roserade can easily stomach a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet and proceed to OHKO it with its respective STAB moves.

Azumarill (Speed Investment): Given the fact that Azumarill has good natural bulk, it can stomach a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet. Then it can proceed to OHKO the opposing Azumarill with a STAB Play Rough.

Breloom: Breloom with more than 85% health can live a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet and proceed to OHKO it with a Technician boosted STAB Bullet Seed. You have to play cautiously to make sure your Breloom doesn't lose too much Health.

Focus Sash: These items are hard to come by but they are effective in dealing with Belly Drum Azumarill. Your pokemon can live any hit Azumarill goes for then proceed to OHKO it.

I hope this post informs you on what pokemon to invest in. There are more counters to Belly Drum Azumarill so if you want to know them you can send me a message and I will gladly help you out. Good luck PvPing. :Cool:

But what if your team doesn't have any of those :(

Then you need to start hunting my friend. :Ambivalent:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

289538 Then you need to start hunting my friend.

I think Im gonna try to get a Roserade since other counters in the list are either difficult to get or expensive. Do you have any move sets and nature you wanna suggest? thanks :P

Well Roserade has many options. Bold HP + Defense EV'd Roserade with Spikes + Leech Seed is popular in the current metagame because it can easily check Azumarill along with many other pokemon. A special defensive Roserade with Calm nature is also viable. I would tell you to get Timid and go for a more offensive EV spread + moveset but Roserade with Timid nature takes a hefty amount of damage from a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet. Here is the damage calculation: +6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 225-266 (86.8 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. An 18.8% chance to OHKO isn't too good. So Bold or Calm with Leech Seed + Spikes is probably something you want.

289538 Then you need to start hunting my friend.

I think Im gonna try to get a Roserade since other counters in the list are either difficult to get or expensive. Do you have any move sets and nature you wanna suggest? thanks :P

Well Roserade has many options. Bold HP + Defense EV'd Roserade with Spikes + Leech Seed is popular in the current metagame because it can easily check Azumarill along with many other pokemon. A special defensive Roserade with Calm nature is also viable. I would tell you to get Timid and go for a more offensive EV spread + moveset but Roserade with Timid nature takes a hefty amount of damage from a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet. Here is the damage calculation: +6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Roserade: 225-266 (86.8 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. An 18.8% chance to OHKO isn't too good. So Bold or Calm with Leech Seed + Spikes is probably something you want.

Ahh I see, thanks for the suggestion. Also, keeps the pvp videos coming, I love to watch those and learn from them too :Grin:

vhtran2.gif

Ahh I see, thanks for the suggestion. Also, keeps the pvp videos coming, I love to watch those and learn from them too :Grin:

You're welcome man :Cool: I'm glad I was of some help to you. And I'm glad you enjoy and learn from the videos. I should be uploading some more really soon ;)

289527 Hello, I'm sorry to see that you are having troubles dealing with Azumarill. I will provide you with ways of which I use to handle it:

Venusaur: When you invest enough speed EVs on Venusaur it can outspeed Azumarill and proceed to OHKO it with its respective STAB moves in Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb. The preferable speed stat you want to reach is 200 because an Azumarill with maximum speed can only reach a speed of 199. Given you have a Bold nature with HP and Defense EV investment, Aqua Jet will not OHKO you unless your Venusaur has taken prior damage.

Talonflame (Gale Wings): With 252 EVs invested in Attack, Talonflame will easily outspeed Azumarill with a prioritized STAB Brave Bird after Azumarill has used Belly Drum. With one Swords Dance, Talonflame can OHKO Azumarill when it is even at full health.

Roserade: Roserade's speed tier makes it a solid counter Azumarill. Wish HP investment, Roserade can easily stomach a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet and proceed to OHKO it with its respective STAB moves.

Azumarill (Speed Investment): Given the fact that Azumarill has good natural bulk, it can stomach a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet. Then it can proceed to OHKO the opposing Azumarill with a STAB Play Rough.

Breloom: Breloom with more than 85% health can live a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet and proceed to OHKO it with a Technician boosted STAB Bullet Seed. You have to play cautiously to make sure your Breloom doesn't lose too much Health.

Focus Sash: These items are hard to come by but they are effective in dealing with Belly Drum Azumarill. Your pokemon can live any hit Azumarill goes for then proceed to OHKO it.

I hope this post informs you on what pokemon to invest in. There are more counters to Belly Drum Azumarill so if you want to know them you can send me a message and I will gladly help you out. Good luck PvPing. :Cool:

But what if your team doesn't have any of those :(

Then it's ur bad day :P