azumaril problem

Rkiriakos

289846 guys amazing thanks but if y have a pokemon outside and it has no damage.maybe you lose the game. 12 stucks it was too mutch...

:Cry:

this game is too mutch limited...to have and this!

get a good tenta from the wild is easy or try infest your money to buy pokemon to counter azu if you dont want spend time for hunting. keep getting stuck with your opponent strategy over and over means you dont give enough effort to improve your team.

289531 But what if your team doesn't have any of those :(

well you will have hard time :Bored:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

287453 guys plz,AZUMARIL WITH Belly Drum ,WHY IS NOT BANABLE?TELL ME IF THIS IS LAW....

so bad all this....destroy evrything!

It's a DISASTAH.

get yourself a counter like, Venusaur, Tenta, etc.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

289527 Hello, I'm sorry to see that you are having troubles dealing with Azumarill. I will provide you with ways of which I use to handle it:

Venusaur: When you invest enough speed EVs on Venusaur it can outspeed Azumarill and proceed to OHKO it with its respective STAB moves in Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb. The preferable speed stat you want to reach is 200 because an Azumarill with maximum speed can only reach a speed of 199. Given you have a Bold nature with HP and Defense EV investment, Aqua Jet will not OHKO you unless your Venusaur has taken prior damage.

Talonflame (Gale Wings): With 252 EVs invested in Attack, Talonflame will easily outspeed Azumarill with a prioritized STAB Brave Bird after Azumarill has used Belly Drum. With one Swords Dance, Talonflame can OHKO Azumarill when it is even at full health.

Roserade: Roserade's speed tier makes it a solid counter Azumarill. Wish HP investment, Roserade can easily stomach a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet and proceed to OHKO it with its respective STAB moves.

Azumarill (Speed Investment): Given the fact that Azumarill has good natural bulk, it can stomach a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet. Then it can proceed to OHKO the opposing Azumarill with a STAB Play Rough.

Breloom: Breloom with more than 85% health can live a Belly Drum boosted Aqua Jet and proceed to OHKO it with a Technician boosted STAB Bullet Seed. You have to play cautiously to make sure your Breloom doesn't lose too much Health.

Focus Sash: These items are hard to come by but they are effective in dealing with Belly Drum Azumarill. Your pokemon can live any hit Azumarill goes for then proceed to OHKO it.

I hope this post informs you on what pokemon to invest in. There are more counters to Belly Drum Azumarill so if you want to know them you can send me a message and I will gladly help you out. Good luck PvPing. :Cool:

But what if your team doesn't have any of those :(

There are actually more pokemon that can deal with azu, bulky water,bulky grass,high damage prior,sturdy whirlwind/roar,,sturdy counter any of them ,try to get 1 in your team to counter/prevent it to setup, the best way to learn is try to get yourself a azumarill and learn how it work ,then you will know how to counter it,because your opponent is the best teacher

giphy.gif

[glow=red]Here's NicoChan :3[/glow]

• 3 weeks later...
290214 For Azumarill, how much speed should be invested?

Everyone uses Adamant azumarill... and if they spread speed ev like smogon they will hit 177 (assuming perfect iv = 31 speed)

So you will need a pokemon that can tank an aqua jet and hit 178 speed... if you don't like to farm (which is my case for example) and you don't have money, ur easiest bet is a Bold Tentacruel, which it happens to be also a good pokemon (its a spinner, sets toxic spikes, has scald, and absorbs toxic spikes)

Assuming also perfects ivs (31 speed) bold tentacruel will hit 236 speed without ANY investment in speed and will take around 45% from aqua jet... you can ohko back with sludge wave if u have sludge wave (around 60% damage even without investment) or use haze and turn that mighty sweeper into a cute rabbit and proceed to set up toxic spikes...

Seriously, Azumarril is good but has a lot of counters and they're not even THAT hard to farm (tenta is the best example). IMO BD Azu is not as good as assault best or choice band, but none of those are in this game yet -.-

even milotic with base speed is faster then Azumarill and can just use haze(will NEVER die of one Aqua jet) azumarill belly drum is easy too counter, imagine a choice band azu, harder to play around that tbh, belly drum has many weaknesses in my opinion

Azumarill can be pretty ridiculous if you reveal it late once you've scouted the opposing team and weakened the relevant checks. You can deal with it simply by maintaining offensive pressure on your opponent and denying them a turn to drum. It's not broken, but perhaps it is unhealthy for the metagame - essentially anything that gives Azumarill a free turn is unviable, simply because of how powerful +6 Azumarill is.

Plenty of people run one or two hard counters against my Azumarill, and get swept anyways. Magnet Pull and Taunt Gengar are great. :P

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

My counter for belly drum azumarill,

def type: Venusaur (sludge bomb, giga drain), tentacruel(sludge bomb, haze), and weezing(sludge bomb, thunder bolt, haze)

You should have at least one of those coz if you notice many are using azumarill nowadays. You can't stick with your beloved team forever. Every week a new pokemon was being introduced in pvp ladder. If you having trouble don't stop there. do some countermeasures. :y: