Talonflame & Gengar Getting nerfed + others S&M

Patisaur

303770 i think s&m is trying to make ice/hail teams viable, especially since all these hail buffs as well as alolan ice forms such as sandslash and ninetales.

Yea I agree. They gave a lot of mons crap speed this gen too so they probably are aiming to make trick room significantly better as well. I'm ultimately not impressed with these changes and / or new mons. xD

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Talonflame nerf was anything it wasn't justified lol. It was pretty unnecessary and ruined a great mon. I could see if Talonflame was broken but it's anything but that.

120 base power STAB priority move with 100 accuracy and no other drawback besides recoil, is anything but not broken.

There's a reason why it was widely hated - it is basically an instant win button in most cases that forced everyone to carry rocks, and yet Smogon refuse to ban it.

If the Talonflame nerf was anything it wasn't justified lol. It was pretty unnecessary and ruined a great mon. I could see if Talonflame was broken but it's anything but that.

120 base power STAB priority move with 100 accuracy and no other drawback besides recoil, is anything but not broken.

There's a reason why it was widely hated - it is basically an instant win button in most cases that forced everyone to carry rocks, and yet Smogon refuse to ban it.

Talon is so easy to counter tho

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

You're forgetting the fact that Talonflame has a subpar base attack of 81 lol. Many pokemon have access to rocks: Skarmory, Blissey, Empoleon, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Swampert, Jirachi, Celebi, Rhyperior, Ferrothorn, etc. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to carry one of these pokemon on your team for rocks. Also with Focus sash being in the game pokemon such as Breloom, Weavile, Galvantula, etc. now can survive and OHKO Talonflame with their respective moves. The counters are there, you just have to be willing to use them. And if you use them and still lose to Talonflame you're just simply playing bad. :Cool:

You're forgetting the fact that Talonflame has a subpar base attack of 81 lol. Many pokemon have access to rocks: Skarmory, Blissey, Empoleon, Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Swampert, Jirachi, Celebi, Rhyperior, Ferrothorn, etc. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to carry one of these pokemon on your team for rocks. Also with Focus sash being in the game pokemon such as Breloom, Weavile, Galvantula, etc. now can survive and OHKO Talonflame with their respective moves. The counters are there, you just have to be willing to use them. And if you use them and still lose to Talonflame you're just simply playing bad. :Cool:

True that, I just remembered about the amount of Pokemon that can learn rocks, as well as Focus Sash.

Still, it is OU for a reason. And it seems GF think that reason is enough to drive Gale Wings down to the ground.

Guest LiquidSnakeK
303749 These nerfs are awful and it shouldn't be in PRO's best interest to implement these whatsoever. lol

I disagree. The Gengar nerf? Pretty silly. But the talonflame nerf? Justified.

It's pretty broken on smogon and competitive Pokemon. PRO is not really that all things considered. 5 stall pokes and one talonflame should say enough about its power.

I disagree. The Gengar nerf? Pretty silly. But the talonflame nerf? Justified.

It's pretty broken on smogon and competitive Pokemon. PRO is not really that all things considered. 5 stall pokes and one talonflame should say enough about its power.

If it were broken it would have been suspect tested.