Why online population drops?

Frux

First of all. All of this wouldnt've happened if it wasn't for staff being soft and careless on the bot issues. This is what u get, a dying game.

Second of all, it wasn't just 50%, more like 85% bots 15% legit

This results in less supply for ms, when 3k bots from the total of 5.4k players total capacity are banned, thus leading to a massive spike in its price, which itself results in an even bigger playerbase drop because a lot of people relied on MS to speed up the training process and to be able to hunt some rare pokes that could either bring them money or something viable for their battles.

Third, less and less players also means less money for Shane, who won't be satisfied with what he earns, plus he will no longer be able to maintain the servers/host so he will eventually have to drop the project.

To add to this, the recent exodus of less-than-10 staff members is something that impacts this situation, since, at least the way i perceive it, could not be irrelevant to all of this. There has to be a reason, but as we already agreed, we should just leave it. On the other hand though, i believe that if all of the community was aware of the REAL (which nobody is really aware of) situation, we (or at least some of us) would be able to lend a hand and help PRO stand on its feet again.

I feel like some things need to be told, and to avoid conflicts, Shane or Niko has to do the talking. Address the issues, seek for help, and if the response is enough to help make the game as great as we'd want it to be, then just do it. But we must all join forces for this to work out.

S7dzLut.png

[glow=red]Check my

Mall![/glow]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

304844 -snip

yea guess so, i think the start of the class has quite an effect. School thing didnt come into my mind hmm I guess we'll see this coming holidays, If its because of School. If not then i guess its not the suspect.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

304877 First of all. All of this wouldnt've happened if it wasn't for staff being soft and careless on the bot issues. This is what u get, a dying game.

Second of all, it wasn't just 50%, more like 85% bots 15% legit

This results in less supply for ms, when 3k bots from the total of 5.4k players total capacity are banned, thus leading to a massive spike in its price, which itself results in an even bigger playerbase drop because a lot of people relied on MS to speed up the training process and to be able to hunt some rare pokes that could either bring them money or something viable for their battles.

Third, less and less players also means less money for Shane, who won't be satisfied with what he earns, plus he will no longer be able to maintain the servers/host so he will eventually have to drop the project.

To add to this, the recent exodus of less-than-10 staff members is something that impacts this situation, since, at least the way i perceive it, could not be irrelevant to all of this. There has to be a reason, but as we already agreed, we should just leave it. On the other hand though, i believe that if all of the community was aware of the REAL (which nobody is really aware of) situation, we (or at least some of us) would be able to lend a hand and help PRO stand on its feet again.

I feel like some things need to be told, and to avoid conflicts, Shane or Niko has to do the talking. Address the issues, seek for help, and if the response is enough to help make the game as great as we'd want it to be, then just do it. But we must all join forces for this to work out.

I agree with your percentage breakdown. In yellow server the immigrants that are coming trough are at least 85% bots that have been run off from other servers or are branching out with satellite bots to expand the operation.

[glow=red]" WE LOVE YOUR FACE ! WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SELL YOU ! " (*HAIL TEAM ROCKET*)[/glow]

The percentage is really messed up mostly because people are constantly finding ways to avoid detection while Admins are left with their outdated tools and while they try to do their best to spot the scum, sometimes they fail. There hasn't been a week where no bot hasn't been banned and kudos to the remaining staff who do spot those scum and take care of them, but for every 10 ones they ban another 100 are "spawning". It's pretty hopeless at this point.

We'd have to wonder though, why would someone want to use a bot? Well, to make their game easier. Does this mean that the hustle level in the game is quite high? If yes, make it a tad easier.

Next, WHO is the one providing all those people with this software that hurts the game? Shane can't be completely unaware of this, i'm pretty sure he's tried to see where all these bots are coming from and who's supplying them. I think it would be wise to search for the root of evil and cut it (if possible).

There's fire everywhere, this is why i said we should all help, but to be able to do so, we need to be aware of the REAL situation. If "We'll be fine, don't worry" is all players hear, nobody would really care to offer help because they'd be reassured everything IS actually alright when it's clearly not...

S7dzLut.png

[glow=red]Check my

Mall![/glow]

I agree. I was thinking of helping the staff if it will be within my abilities (and time because lately I have almost none of it), but without the reason why this all happened I'm reluctant to do so. But as was stated before - I will patiently wait and see where it all goes because speculating will do nothing good.

And on topic - there were a lot of players during holidays and now when those are over school/work/uni came and it's harder to find time to play the game like before. Plus banned bots. However, I still believe in this game. I believe in its community, in its brilliant staff that are still here and are working even harder than before. You guys deserve a lot of praise and I hope most of the players will appreciate you more.

I think this is a really great game. :Heart-eyes: The only thing holding it back is bots and lack of staff transparency. :Frown: The funniest thing to me is... That we need the current Orwellian staff to combat the Server killing bots!!! Surely we can all see the irony in this situation. :confused: (don't ban me! you know that i'm right...) *im watching you always*

[glow=red]" WE LOVE YOUR FACE ! WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SELL YOU ! " (*HAIL TEAM ROCKET*)[/glow]

Honestly, the PRO community is one of the best out there currently - for an MMO. Not a backhanded compliment :y:.

I also believe that the game is almost unplayable without MS. As a grown adult who holds a full time job not able to take a summer off from school or on disability and whatnot like so many other gamers, I do not also have the time to grind out the massive expense that is an MS. Could I afford to open my wallet instead? Yes. I have. But that cannot last forever.

Ultimately, maybe a game like this isn't for me and I'm sure many others' opinions branch relatively close by. Regardless, I'll keep occasionally popping in. After all, I grew up with Pokemon as a wee lad and a multiplayer game such as this for it had always, pathetically been my dream.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life