Why online population drops?

Frux

For me it's the forced npcs battles. The game is still "fresh" but I still think these forced rebattles are completely obnoxious and is the only thing that is keeping me from returning to the game. Literally hours are spent killing 6 lv 5 magikarps just so we can move on to the daily quests. NO, the Teleport mons on map DIDN'T help at all in this. Should have made the rebattles optional by talking to the NPCs after cooldown. If I wanted to fast travel there's already the subway systems in the game...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

304809 why number of players online drops as time goes by

3k active bots were banned. that's 1k from each server, so if you used to have around 300 queue when you log in. 1800+300-1000=1100, and some people left before school starts, so I think the population now around 900 for Red and Yellow is actually normal given the series of events. Maybe Blue had more severe bot pollution, and have more bot bans than Red or Yellow thus leaving less players for Blue than any other servers.

3sJBaVY.gif

305137 As a grown adult who holds a full time job not able to take a summer off from school or on disability and whatnot like so many other gamers, I do not also have the time to grind out the massive expense that is an MS. Could I afford to open my wallet instead? Yes. I have. But that cannot last forever.

As a grown adult, you should be able to spend $5 a month for a MS, if you feel the game is not playable. I do that, I don't buy of sell MS(any more), I just buy my share of MS and use it myself when I feel like I need one. And I don't see why you can't afford to open your wallet.

3sJBaVY.gif

305137 Honestly, the PRO community is one of the best out there currently - for an MMO. Not a backhanded compliment :y:.

I also believe that the game is almost unplayable without MS. As a grown adult who holds a full time job not able to take a summer off from school or on disability and whatnot like so many other gamers, I do not also have the time to grind out the massive expense that is an MS. Could I afford to open my wallet instead? Yes. I have. But that cannot last forever.

Ultimately, maybe a game like this isn't for me and I'm sure many others' opinions branch relatively close by. Regardless, I'll keep occasionally popping in. After all, I grew up with Pokemon as a wee lad and a multiplayer game such as this for it had always, pathetically been my dream.

Grindy games usually don't match with people having a job.

Well, it does if you don't plan on playing competitively.

Even though you could still resell coins and buy the PvP/"PvE"-ready Pokemons.

So yeah, the grind is a pain without membership (levelling pokemons, not hunting them).

Based on others views. Me as an optimist, the only reason i can believe why the online players dropped is because of the start of the classes. I just hope its the real cause. :Ambivalent: tho I expect the worst.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

Population decreased causes by;

1. Recent purged of massive botters across server(s)

2. Lack of events despite that the team has added new content and items.

3. Demotivated players

4. Inflation of MS/Coins prices in server(s)

5. Having a 3 server created a dillusional situation that makes people think that we're gettin less players. If you had done the calculations, we're having a maximum number of 1900 capped if the 3 server were to combine again. So technically, we're just reverting back to the 2015 scenario, except with an addition of a splitted server(s) into 3.

6. Hyped on another games coming.

7. Some got schools, moving on and started working, and others had irl problems which limits them to discord only.

8. Botters controlling the economy. Rich people keeps on getting rich, while the poor one struggling. Even with current money sink, it is still not enough.

9. Hoenn hype is over.

10. Slow progress on event and updates as well as lack of fulfiling of what the community had wanted the game to have.

11. No promotion/advertising. No static promoting occurs. We only depends on some streamers who comes and go, alongside their followers.

12. Community breakdown. Chain effect. As where their friends quitted the game, they also do the same.

13. Lack of understanding of how PRO works and the mechanic of MMO, few feel dissapointed in how the environment is different compare to consoles, as they fail and struggling playing, they abandoned it

305314 11. No promotion/advertising. No static promoting occurs. We only depends on some streamers who comes and go, alongside their followers.

Ohh I thought they cant do that because its in beta state, can they?

305314 13. Lack of understanding of how PRO works and the mechanic of MMO, few feel dissapointed in how the environment is different compare to consoles, as they fail and struggling playing, they abandoned it

Yea ur right there. On consoles in which everything is spoon-fed is what theyre grown too, which is also unavoidable because pokemon rpg started there. Theyre like a mere child struggling to survive in an adult environment.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

305158 If I wanted to fast travel there's already the subway systems in the game

uhh, so just fast travel?

You didn't get it, we NEED to pass through routes if we wanted to do quests like excavations, headbutts and digs, so we are forced to battle those NPCs EVERYTIME. So I think these teleport pokemons on route were a waste of the time they could've used to make NPCs optional.