Why online population drops?

Frux

well if you like to use rare epic pokemons then stop complain about how hard it is to find them xd

The problem is some pvp pokemons are set to be too rare even it's not that rare in the original game

even it's mmo, the rarity is still too weird

I actually think the spawns are logical. Lets use an example. Gible, is not native to hoenn, Kanto, or johto. It spawns in hoenn, but it is rare because it is not a hoenn native Pokemon. Gible first appeared in the sinnoh region. That actually makes sense with several other Pokemon like drilbur, skrelp, and others that are outside of their native regions. Just a different perspective to think about.

they are not only super rare but ms-only :Cool:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

306510 The problem is some pvp pokemons are set to be too rare even it's not that rare in the original game

even it's mmo, the rarity is still too weird

the rarity is fine and as I said you dont need full rare pokemons to be good in pvp

306514 PRO just keep them busy a few weeks then they eventually get bored with the game and switch to another one.

actually yeah, it is getting boring if you dont have a goal

306519 they are not only super rare but ms-only

Gible isnt MS only

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

There isn't any cause you can singularize; as this multi-theoretical discussion has shown, many events can be attributed to it, as the playerbase already low-key started to depopulate before most of us even felt consternated enough to discuss it. Many are ascribing the ~3k-bot ban, but that isn't the direct cause of it or even paramount to the issue; it was nothing more than a compounding circumstance to an already-dwindling playerbase.

The discussion here is nothing more than a belated one

To know how the active playerbase downsized so dramatically, you need to contextualize all the antecedents that made it astronomically populated to begin with to know what phenomena are no longer around to keep the game afloat; as one who has been around the project since its nascency and on staff for most of the time, I can help historicize how that happened.

In the afterglow of PRO's release (circa August 2015), PRO's honeymoon period started—a time where it was ringing with the "new game" allure, as it only took a few months for it to start brimming over the maximal capacity. It wasn't just a cookie-cutter Pokemon MMO that was bound to drop off fast after the honeymoon period; it was already perhaps the most consummately developed custom-engine Pokemon MMO at the juncture of its release, and thus it became a topical part of discussions among the gaming communities—topical enough to become a compelling subject in some of the more high-profile streamers.

Indeed; even with an already-steady upgrowth of players, it was only amplified as the game became a central topic among a few high-profile LPers, such as FaZe Jev. As an MMO that wasn't optimized to house many players online simultaneously beyond, this prompted Shane to add in the secondary server in Blue (last March or thereabout), and therein was a lead-up to what's at the crux of the problem, IMO: Yellow's addition.

Last year's summer is where the stage was set for PRO's apex, popularity-wise, and I feel that it, indeed, materialized. Hoenn's release (last June), Pokemon Go's renascence of the Pokemon franchise itself, summer-time leisure, more high-profile PRO-promotive LPers, and the fact that PRO was still at the tail-end of its honeymoon period all coalesced to push PRO at its playerbase pinnacle; this prompted Yellow's addition, thereby expanding PRO's game-server network to three.

Problem? These were all short-term trends; as such, it was inconclusive as to whether or not Yellow was needed to accommodate a long-term playerbase, yet adding it in still had long-term implications regardless, which the playerbase is suffering now. All those trends have waned away since; and as the playerbase normalized to pre-summer levels, the playerbase became a lot sparser with three servers to divvy it all out.

Long story short is that Yellow—while not the be-all, end-all cause—is perhaps the biggest reason for the playerbase's shrinkage, and it could have been preceded by a more prudent critical analysis before it was added in as soon as it was. Not only does it steepen up the financial maintenance needed to keep the servers operational; it also has sparsified the playerbase, as it's lacking all the activity-stimulators that we've seen last summer, which debases some of the appeal of the game newer players had—especially on the least-populated server in Blue, where it's become enough of a chore to even find suitors for various commercial activities.

It's why I feel that the three-leaf game-server network needs to be seriously re-examined, as it isn't realistic to expect us to keep all servers sustainable moving into the future. You can try resurging the playerbase through various updates and promotions, and you'll perhaps see similar bouts of activity that you did last summer, but you can't extrapolate those activity levels and expect to subsist all three servers for the long haul; you need to make a decision based on the normality of the community, which we've seen after the summer ended.

The playerbase is more than salvagable, and I trust that the staff will pull through as they historically have, but there is no glossing over the issue with having three servers; one of them will need to be dropped or merged (preferable, but there are more than a few ethical and technical complications with it that I'll save for another disquisition). It's an invariably controversial decision to make, but it may be the optimal decision in ensuring PRO's financeability and healthy playerbase proportions.

306527 Pro fails to retain its playerbase, people say that it's an mmo but on others mmo they do have other incentives meanwhile building for pvp...

Yeah, for some reason PRO's playerbase thinks MMO's should be a grind fest of mashing left and right arrows while clicking the left mouse button every 10 seconds.

306345 We are going nowhere, nobody is here to hear our thoughts, doubts, suggestions.

I doubt this is true my friend. Atleast several days ago&before when theres no staff steppin down.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

306345 We are going nowhere, nobody is here to hear our thoughts, doubts, suggestions.

I doubt this is true my friend. Atleast several days ago&before when theres no staff steppin down.

The only one who can really hear us and change things is Shane. There are of course some other guys in staff that are helpful etc, but changes in game isnt their responsibillity.

adobe4.png

This is just my opinion

The online population is dropping mainly because alot of people finished the game and will rather wait for new things like CarlHo.On the topic of MS I think people need to realise this the more events mean more new things to buy from shop which makes the prices go up I mean on blue an ms was going for like 500 k before Halloween and IMO there is nothing wrong with it going up because the higher the price of ms means more Pokemon are being sold and not only that imagine how much money the PRO team (who aren't getting paid) make.Think for a second would you rather buy coins when u can only get 350 k for it or when u can get 1m? We need to accept that of the prices do drop it will be in between events like now there is no chance because Christmas is coming and the prices haven't dropped yet