Create a New Medalion : Shiny Stone

Adam

307241 I don't see how y'all seem to think shinies will be everywhere if they increased the shiny rate by 25-50%. The odds of finding a shiny would still be at the lowest 4000 to 1

if you want to see a game that did what was being suggested here, go play PWO, a terrible pokemon MMO based on gen 3 gfx. More importantly u would be lucky to see 80 players on their servers not 800.

so savage, love it :Heart:

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

going back to the medalion story, i kinda like the idea but i dont't support it. We have all came to PRO because we knew it was the best server. many things have gone worst and no new innovations made the server bad atm(i mean not so bad but worst then before). We need something new and fresh, but i think is more related to updates/pvp or events and not about those items like the medallion suggestion because i think it will just give a little Surplus to the server in the Short-Run period but in Long-Run period we will have the same problem.

JxEhvYc.gif

307241 I don't see how y'all seem to think shinies will be everywhere if they increased the shiny rate by 25-50%. The odds of finding a shiny would still be at the lowest 4000 to 1

if you want to see a game that did what was being suggested here, go play PWO, a terrible pokemon MMO based on gen 3 gfx. More importantly u would be lucky to see 80 players on their servers not 800.

We'll be lucky to have 80 players on the servers if the game keeps going the way it is right now.

307659 We'll be lucky to have 80 players on the servers if the game keeps going the way it is right now.

a couple of weeks without "new things" = game dies? lul

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

I have been thinking about that idea for a long time so i think it's cool to see someone else bringing it up, and there's other supporting it. I think the biggest factor is how long should it last versus how big of an increase in shiny rate. 30 days and high percentage would break the economy in my opinion but if they made something smaller similar to exp boost (shiny boost) with a lower increase in shiny encounter rate over a low period of time, that could properly work.

Edit: Or make a region based shiny charm for every region, which can be obtained through a quest.

No PokMMO is better rofl No seriously lot of player love this game so much and wan't a better game and it's good.

• 2 weeks later...
307121 The shiny chance can be 1/10 and this could still be the case. It's all luck, nothing wrong here.

Doubling the chances to find a shiny = double the amount of shinies in the market. Also means double the chance of finding epic shinies which could potentially hurt the economy.

Unnecessary, in my opinion.

:thanks: for you comments chameleon

It is also the goal to lower prices, I see not how its bad if the shinys are cheaper in the game? (Knowing that the commons are not worth much already)

And as I said before, 1 chance in 2000 is still rare, we will not see any difference given the few players active at the moment (and the rarest who agrees to pay a medallion)

After that is my opinion, but I do not think you'll see the 'Channel Trade' spammer of Dratini Shinys. ^^

Auf 1/2000 Chance of finding a shiny is way too low. When i farm charmander i get around 16 encounters per 5min. That means 2000÷6×5=625min for 1 shiny 625÷60=10.4.

Finding a shiny every 10.4h is way too much. I personally have played 850h and only found 4 shiny rattatas and one shiny weedle. But Im still proud of it, because the chance of finding 4 shiny rattatas is ~4.7×10^-22.