Worth it to evolve pokemon?

Kirros

So I've been reading a lot about the complaints people had about the issue with evolving your pokemon. From what I gather if you choose to NOT evolve your pokemon the amount of exp required to reach max level is significantly lower, not making it worth the trouble to evolve your pokemon before reaching max level. This doesn't sound like much fun if it is still the case personally, and I've already evolved 1 of mine. Is this still an issue? Has it become best practice to not evlove until late game?

Thanks all.

308144 So I've been reading a lot about the complaints people had about the issue with evolving your pokemon. From what I gather if you choose to NOT evolve your pokemon the amount of exp required to reach max level is significantly lower, not making it worth the trouble to evolve your pokemon before reaching max level. This doesn't sound like much fun if it is still the case personally, and I've already evolved 1 of mine. Is this still an issue? Has it become best practice to not evlove until late game?

Thanks all.

Evolving later is usually better since you require less EXP to level up with Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon respectably. It's become more of a practice since it speeds up training massively; usually cutting times to train in half (Depending on the Pokemon). The Pokemon is usually evolved at level 97ish and the rest is done with Rare Candies.

There's nothing wrong with evolving Pokemon as soon as they can; it's just a lot slower. The only thing is some people evolve their Pokemon too late and are hit by either a server crash and rollback or the user might missclick "No" when evolving at level 100.

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

308151 Have the dev's commented on this at all, any changes planned for the future?

As they made it this way in the first place, I don't think it would change

The main reason why pokés evolve is that they usually gain a fair bit of base stats: a lvl 25 pidgey is still weaker than a lvl 18 pidgeotto, yeah it will xp slower but it will be easier victorious in battle as well.

For the story, as you encounter a huge amount of trainers, evolving isn't really an "issue"; if you're leveling pokés for Bosses however, then yeah it's far better to not evolve it until the last levels.

For the story, I suggest to player to wait until they really need it. Usually, first evolution comes before Sabrina and second one can wait for Victory Road (and their Pokémon would then be at lv. 75 or lv. 80).

If the story-player can keep its Pokémon at their original state, evolving right before the Elite Four is best; you would usually get them between lv. 80 and lv. 90 at the end of Victory Road.

There are enough areas for experience farming (especially at Kanto) to get your team higher level or same level as the next gym. So yes, it's worth the wait :Shy:

308144-snip

[glow=red]

Moved to proper place

<i>[/glow]</i>

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Resolution Center

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.