xmas swablu is so annoying to hunt

Jhaydenite

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

319065 Just for make you happier, your calculus are wrong.

The % of getting an event one after 400 tries are (1-(999/1000)^400)*100 = 32,98 % ( I'm assuming you meet 1 event every 1000 normal)

Swablu aren't extremely rare. They are actually pretty easy to find.

Yeye I meant. After encountering 400 swablu, you have 32,98% that at the least one of them was a event one. I didn't mention the rarity of the pokemon encounter.

319065 Just for make you happier, your calculus are wrong.

The % of getting an event one after 400 tries are (1-(999/1000)^400)*100 = 32,98 % ( I'm assuming you meet 1 event every 1000 normal)

Swablu aren't extremely rare. They are actually pretty easy to find.

where is it that they are not extremely rare? because every rarity guide i see on these forums has swablu listed as extremely rare

Same rareity as eevee etc.

12124124.png.a9ca649c7c911546604fd9055517a0f3.png

Check Out My Shop; Click Me

I Am Strong Because I've Been Weak. I Am Fearless Because I've Been Afraid. I Am Wise Because I've Been Foolish.

IGN: Pelfie - Shiny Wild OT Count: 54 - Guild: Fluffy Nation - Game Time: +2200Hrs - Server: Silver

Swablu easy to..easy for you to say... i have stayed awake for 2 days and the result is just headache. Honestly there so many xmas eevees now in blue and swablu is so difficult to hunt as well as buneary. But thing is its xmas event, its supposed to be enjoyable and not stressful. Also how many are around 20s like my age group here and 20s of age group. They would be so sad if they dont get one. Also suggesting of buying one, its not like everyone can afford it, i can afford a few xmas poke but i want my ot on them, thats why im hunting them. Just like in saffari zone, my money would have been drained if i dont have ms..i have knocked 163 pikas, 200 doduos, captured 30+ treecko and only 7 buneary..and none of them are xmas form or even shiny -___-

So basically talking even with calculus used, ends up with rotten hopes and headaches.

So i think rebalancing the game will make it fair, besides its "christmas".

318935 You have all month to find it. My goal is to get 20 swablu's per day. So I'm gonna get about 400 of them. That way I have a 40% chance of getting one. Still bad odds but that is the point of making them rare. Not everyone can get them. It is a challenge but you will be one of the only ones in the game to have one in the end if you do find one.

Seriously. Just read again what you have said: After 20 Swablu per day, during one month, it makes you 40% chance to get one (a bit more if you do it everyday, though). And you call this rare? It's not a challenge, it's almost impossible for any player to get one. It's inhuman to ask someone to farm 20 hours a day for one month just to get one Christmas sprite! If all Pokémon had Xmas sprites, it would be okay, because actually, we are finding shinies, but it's just the already rare Pokémon. You don't get your 20 Swablu in 6 hours playtime, you get them in more than 12 hours playtime! I know no one asks players to do it, but some of us are so much attached to the game that they want one really hard, and are ready to invest more time on it than they would do in a daytime job... But yeah, we have no lifes.

Let's just be frank to each others and to the devs: the 800% more chance than a shiny is just an arbitrary rate! An arbitrary decision, and it doesn't mean it's the right probability to code in the game, every game developer knows that what he thinks is good isn't always what the gamer community appreciates; we do not ask for 1/20 like clones, and we do not want 1/8192 like shinies, we just ask for something calibrated to find a balance between challenge and fun.

However, I belive I understand where the 800% (8 times) more than a shiny comes from: Maybe from the fact that there are usually 8 different spawns in a map. That would make sense… and it would give the same probability to find one shiny "of the species you want"; only if the spawn rates where all equal. But in this case, the Pokémon we want in Xmas edition are rare, far more than any other in the map. And it's why I think that it is important to calibrating the probability.

Sorry for the long post.

tl;dr

Please, find some balance between rarity, challenge and fun.

Edit:

By the way: Getting 1024 Swablu doesn't give you a 100% chance to find one; but only 63% to find at least 1 (cf. Poisson distribution but I might be completely wrong).

Good Post!

Tbh i dont have the time anymore to farm 12h a day for a poke i might get. I would really love to get an Xmas Eevee but yeah i dont even wanna think about the odds.^^

I mean, i just remember my Torchic h.a. hunt. 60 in a row and still no h.a. I stopped it and bought/traded it for hugh money.^^ As u elaborated it correctly, just cause u are supposed to get one hidden ability in 20 events, doesnt mean this has to happen. Same goes for Xmas-Pokes. So if i need 1024 Swablus to get 1 xmas-swablu....this could end in 3072 swablus without a single Xmas-Swablu. I mean helloo, who am I?

And we talk about swablus, i want an Eeevee und huuuu, its a bit rarer than swablu.

So yeah i would try a hunt for 20mins and see if i get lucky, stop it again, and do smth else. Well you have to know for yourself, but hunting for 32h with these odds. Dont do dis. xd

Its a nice idea (xmas-pokes) but if u arent hardcore player u cant really enjoy the hunt. I mean it feels like a waste of time. I would rather start hunting Torchics again cause to find an hidden ability with odds of 1:20 is a bit more favorable than 1:1024.^^^^^^

But i know there are other ones like sandshrew (which is really cute too) and we have to look out for the economy etc blabla. I got it, i understand it and thats how MMO´s work, u accept it or do/play smth else.^^

Since i also have less time for the game i would rather spend it into smth else until an event appears which is more favorable for me.;) Lookinf forward to upcoming Xmas-Event this year. ;)

But nevertheless good luck to u brave soldiers investing your life into finding these rare Eevee(olutions) and Swablus. ;)

It's understandable that you feel your time is being wasted by hunting Swablu however there's no guarantee, at all, that you'll find a Christmas Swablu. The Pokemon was rare already so you can expect the Christmas themed version to be even rarer.

I'll be honest, I was hunting them too alongside a couple of friends and even though we weren't getting what we wanted, we were doing it for fun. The game is supposed to be fun, there's no reason to stress yourself over it. Nobody is forcing you to stay up at night for better odds and, to be honest, you should really get some rest so you don't feel so drained by the game :p

In fact, take a look at Shamac's Healthcare Guide. Maybe some tips from there will make your playing experience better.

Good luck with your hunt for a Christmas Swablu :Grin:

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4