Official Tournament Talk

Rekkuza

omg the amount of rage.... guys can we just appreciate the work they are putting into this? not just the game itself, but going out of their way to organize a tournament of this scale, and that too across 3 servers...

We complained about OT rule, they compromised, and made it fair for both parties. I for one was completely against OT only rule (i never hunt :|), but they changed that to accommodate those of us who prefer not to, or simply dont have the time to hunt Tier 9 epic pokemon. There are so many top tier pokemon that are easy to obtain with which 50% of a strong team can be made (arca, weavile, champ, donphan to name a few). We got the change we wanted, you should have stopped crying here and gone about actually making your team...

As for the rewards, they are balanced, unique and brag worthy. what more do you want? IF the winner (who would have to be the best, or at least one of the best battlers in pro) were to receive an over powered pokemon as a reward, it would only make that player even stronger, further increasing the gap between aspiring pvp players and seasoned pros (while also increasing his/her chances of winning the next tournament). the way it is now, the winner will receive a very usable pokemon that doesnt give him/her an unfair edge while still being unique and rare. what more do you want?

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

336142 omg the amount of rage.... guys can we just appreciate the work they are putting into this? not just the game itself, but going out of their way to organize a tournament of this scale, and that too across 3 servers...

We complained about OT rule, they compromised, and made it fair for both parties. I for one was completely against OT only rule (i never hunt :|), but they changed that to accommodate those of us who prefer not to, or simply dont have the time to hunt Tier 9 epic pokemon. There are so many top tier pokemon that are easy to obtain with which 50% of a strong team can be made (arca, weavile, champ, donphan to name a few). We got the change we wanted, you should have stopped crying here and gone about actually making your team...

As for the rewards, they are balanced, unique and brag worthy. what more do you want? IF the winner (who would have to be the best, or at least one of the best battlers in pro) were to receive an over powered pokemon as a reward, it would only make that player even stronger, further increasing the gap between aspiring pvp players and seasoned pros (while also increasing his/her chances of winning the next tournament). the way it is now, the winner will receive a very usable pokemon that doesnt give him/her an unfair edge while still being unique and rare. what more do you want?

nice post man

336131 @Prosh and @SheWas18, you kids clearly forget that this game is made by fans itself. You react with 0 respect and don't understand how much effort it takes to accomplish this. It's a shame that you guys are so demanding. You are lucky the staff is willing to talk to you.

Because we said the reality we are not respectful?

Camouflage the reality is only going by the game more down.

I like the game and dont want that.

For you i am sure that the conditions serve you widely dont be selfish see to all the players.

I don't even participate because I don't have time for it. I'm the selfish guy who sees respect in the people who create a game you play for free. Seems selfish right?

336146 Thankyou for your kind words guys. You are the Players who make all of it worth it.

P.S. Working through new entries now, I'll spam everyone again today to let you know whether or not you're properly registered.

:Shy:

Please see to all kinds of peaple.

Good luck & sorry about my style of speaking.

Only because i like the game more than staff.

sorry again.

:)

336145 The spirit of some people when it comes to a tourney is really cringy. A tourney is meant for competition, the prize shouldnt be the first thing you look at. Then again the attitude of some people really doesnt surprise me based on what i read from them in the past.

A competition's main motivation is usually, if not always, the prize so they have all the right to complain if they're not happy with it, imo. Like how the initial prizes were disliked by a good amount of people, mainly those on Red.

The attitude is another thing ofc. Everyone has to be respectful when sharing their opinions. (I'm not saying those who are complaining were disrespectful, I haven't read much of the discussion)

336158 Please see to all kinds of peaple.

Good luck & sorry about my style of speaking.

Only because i like the game more than staff.

sorry again.

:)

It takes someone very mature to apologise like that, so you have my respect there for that. Thank you very much.

I'm sad you feel that way about Staff, however just be aware in the future that we are human beings - we volunteer our free time to help the game and do so around work and other real life commitments, we'll never be able to produce the experience given by other games where Staffing is actually a job. Time limits us there. Unfortunately time isn't something any one can change, but we do the best with what we have and what we feel is best for the Community as a whole - sadly this means that we cannot please every one all the time.

:Shy: