Sleep Clause and Other PvP Rules

Tr3y

Today I was battling against a member named Samu94 and I am guilty of accidentally sleeping two of his pokemon with my Amoonguss. Soon after realizing I slept two of his pokemon I messaged him and told him that I forgot about his second sleeping pokemon. He then asked me to forfeit by disconnecting from the game. I wanted to forfeit but I did not want to have the 45 minute time restriction place on me. After refusing to disconnect he threatened to report me and said I am an unfair player. Samu94 if you are reading this you have every right to report me but I am saying all of this for a reason. The PvP rules and clauses need to be implemented in-game. I can honestly say the way the PvP is ran right now is very unprofessional and needs to change. Not everybody knows about these PvP rules and clauses and people are bound to forget. It's just a part of being human. Staff members are forced to constantly look at petty reports about people sleeping two pokemon, people using two of the same pokemon, people using illegal moves, etc. Time is spent doing this while it can be spent on other things such as improving the game and adding new content. Well I decided to post this so hopefully somebody that is able to fix this reads this post and acts upon it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yop sucks, i agree.^^

This can happen at any time, sometimes fights take like 30mins and u can misclick or forget that a poke is sleeping. I would never forfeit the battle tho and still fight to an end. He has every right to report me and thats ok. Its as u said part of human being. Since u arent abusing it i think the worst scenario which could happen is that u get a warning. But if u keep forgetting it or keep misclicking it its also ok if u get a bigger punishment tho. :y:

So u learn it the hard way. xd

Me on my part would love to see moves/items/abilities/tms added before any other new content appears. (like mounts, new region etc.)

Problem here is, that PRO-staff just has stricted access to the code. And all the mappers, mount-makers ( xd, what a name invention! :Heart: ) scripters arent able to code/fix battle/item-related issues (if i understand it right during my time here in PRO), so we can just hope Shane gets some more time for stuff like this in the new year after xmas-Event. ;)

And same goes for smth like "dont sleep x-poke if x-poke is already asleep". Which also would be PvP-specific, i dont even know if thats a rule in Pokemon Online battle, i just know about showdown or official tournaments (cause smogon rule, good rule tho, dont get me wrong).

322215 Today I was battling against a member named Samu94 and I am guilty of accidentally sleeping two of his pokemon with my Amoonguss. Soon after realizing I slept two of his pokemon I messaged him and told him that I forgot about his second sleeping pokemon. He then asked me to forfeit by disconnecting from the game. I wanted to forfeit but I did not want to have the 45 minute time restriction place on me. After refusing to disconnect he threatened to report me and said I am an unfair player. Samu94 if you are reading this you have every right to report me but I am saying all of this for a reason. The PvP rules and clauses need to be implemented in-game. I can honestly say the way the PvP is ran right now is very unprofessional and needs to change. Not everybody knows about these PvP rules and clauses and people are bound to forget. It's just a part of being human. Staff members are forced to constantly look at petty reports about people sleeping two pokemon, people using two of the same pokemon, people using illegal moves, etc. Time is spent doing this while it can be spent on other things such as improving the game and adding new content. Well I decided to post this so hopefully somebody that is able to fix this reads this post and acts upon it.

see i get all of your points, but even tho i need to compliment the recent work of daeon etc, shane doesnt give a bleep about this game, so iam pretty sure pvp is gonna be crap for the next few months anyways

Also you didnt wanna forfeit the game, but did you just let him win, since you broke the rules or did you refuse to lose?

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

322240 Maybe you shoulda just manned up and disconnected

If I could replay the scenario 100 times again I still wouldn't disconnect. They can ban me for all I care because that's not what I'm worried about. I just want the system to be improved. You need to realize the reason why I posted this and either stay and contribute or leave. Thanks for your input but I don't care about what you think I should have did. :y:

322215 Today I was battling against a member named Samu94 and I am guilty of accidentally sleeping two of his pokemon with my Amoonguss. Soon after realizing I slept two of his pokemon I messaged him and told him that I forgot about his second sleeping pokemon. He then asked me to forfeit by disconnecting from the game. I wanted to forfeit but I did not want to have the 45 minute time restriction place on me. After refusing to disconnect he threatened to report me and said I am an unfair player. Samu94 if you are reading this you have every right to report me but I am saying all of this for a reason. The PvP rules and clauses need to be implemented in-game. I can honestly say the way the PvP is ran right now is very unprofessional and needs to change. Not everybody knows about these PvP rules and clauses and people are bound to forget. It's just a part of being human. Staff members are forced to constantly look at petty reports about people sleeping two pokemon, people using two of the same pokemon, people using illegal moves, etc. Time is spent doing this while it can be spent on other things such as improving the game and adding new content. Well I decided to post this so hopefully somebody that is able to fix this reads this post and acts upon it.

see i get all of your points, but even tho i need to compliment the recent work of daeon etc, shane doesnt give a bleep about this game, so iam pretty sure pvp is gonna be [Censored] for the next few months anyways

Also you didnt wanna forfeit the game, but did you just let him win, since you broke the rules or did you refuse to lose?

Yes unfortunately this is probably the reality of what's going on here. I wish PvP was improved and actually cared about. I like the new tournament that was added and everything but the mechanics of the game, items, and abilities are what really need improvement. And like I said to the other person, I won't disconnect if this ever happens again unless the 45 minute timer is reduced and/or removed. I have complete respect for all battlers and PvP in general so going forward I will try my best not to sleep two pokemon but I do not regret what I have mistakenly done.

322240 Maybe you shoulda just manned up and disconnected

If I could replay the scenario 100 times again I still wouldn't disconnect.

Some people are laddering and you won't take responsibility for your actions because "you don't want to wait 45 minutes". How about you stop whining and take ownership of the mistakes you make. This isn't about our broken PVP system, everyone knows it's broken, this is about you having 0% accountability for yourself when you knew you should have done the right thing. "I do not regret" "I have complete respect for all battlers" those two statements can't coexist.