Shadow Tag

Flaflapt

A pokemon that gets free kills with free set up, not revenge killable, imo is a broken mon.

the question is that there are only few pokemons that gothetelle can easily trap.

most of time, gothetelle can trap nothing if ur opponent is smartly team build

Many ppl have h.a gothelles but only few will use them in pvp becuz it's too easy to be broken and waste one slot of ur team

it's just like two-side blade. either useful or useless . not stable enough

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pokemon that gets free kills with free set up, not revenge killable, imo is a broken mon.

the question is that there are only few pokemons that gothetelle can easily trap.

most of time, gothetelle can trap nothing if ur opponent is smartly team build

Many ppl have h.a gothelles but only few will use them in pvp becuz it's too easy to be broken and waste one slot of ur team

it's just like two-side blade. either useful or useless . not stable enough

Want me to do a list ? it's quite long tho . Anyway having a way to get ride of some hazard remoover without being punished is too strong imo (tenta/starmie)

Mimimimimimimii

I completely agree OP and as you can see you are indeed not alone with this opinion. Many try to say that you can just bring a Weavile or Bisharp and kill it when Gothitelle can simply switch out. Or maybe just kill the supposed "counter pokemon" as well ending up with low hp, (if you happen to have an epic Gothitelle with the crazy IVs) after already taking out another pokemon.

Lunestra wrote:

Source of the post Thing you need to consider when comparing to the meta of Smogon, is that Smogon takes into account all abilities, moves and items. PRO currently is missing a lot of pvp orientated items, along with some moves and abilities, so comparing the two meta's isnt really viable at this point, and is also a big reason why Shadow Tag Gothitelle is not banned in PRO.

I'm sorry, but your argument just supports my cause. Due to the lack of offensive items (choice items, life orb, is there even shed shell in the game to avoid getting trapped?), defensive/stall/set up trapper mons are stronger than ever.

Indeed. Comparing metagames is in fact not impossible. There are various factors when comparing metagames but some are just obvious. The lack of offensive items (and Shed Shell as you mentioned) only makes Gothitelle much stronger and able to setup on much more pokemon that it could not have with these items in the game (granted you have a Gothitelle with high IVs+nature, which most don't). Pursuit isn't in the game either to just somewhat be able to punish a Gothitelle with low hp so Gothitelle has free reins.

I only see a few Gothitelle users on ladder thankfully (probably because they are incredibly rare, especially ones with good IVs) and i haven't even seen those users play it to what this monster truly can accomplish. You can do some really cruel things with this pokemon (that i don't want to reveal since i like to play PvP). I personally refuse to use this broken pokemon.

So go apply for staff and maybe you can get an Epic Gothitelle staff pokemon reward and use it to make people cry on ladder.

Remember to get it in Shiny version just to make sure they uninstall the game :D

Appreciate all the feedback that was given in this topic. Since no one posted in the last 24h, I'm gonna have to ask the staff a couple of things:

1- Are you there ? xD

2 - Is there someone specific responsible for PvP management so that I can address that person and not just call it "staff" ?

3 - Is the staff gonna make a stand about this ? Ban/not ban/let it play out ?

4 - If Goth gets used and abused, will the shadow tag clause be considered ?

5 - What are the criteria for something to get banned (besides crashing the game or not working as it should) ?

6 - If something were to be banned, does the staff flat ban (or refuses to ban) out of their own will or are the top players kinda "consulted" about the issue at hand ? Like suspect tests in smogon.

I know PvP is still under developed and I know this isn't (not even by a long shot) top priority, but I believe that this game can only keep their players if a pvp community is estabilished (when all abilities, items, etc are working). When that happens, probably there'll be more official PvP tournaments and these kinds of issues should be addressed to avoid a toxic metagame. Players will use every dirty trick in the book to get the big prize and no one can blame them.