Wishlist: Hold Back Event Pokemon

Teamtank

I'm just revising my pokemon HM slaves, trying to optimize the movesets, change out the old HM Slaves. I found here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hold_Back_(move) a move called Hold Back that was released with Event pokemon by a company at conventions, real life pokestores. The move can't be learned normally.

Hold Back is the equivelant of False Swipe. For obvious reasons it's on my wishlist. It would give me more HM Slave options of the 801 existing pokemon.

The Event Pokemons could be released by Pokemon Revolution in the same fashion, as events, or nested in members only areas.

fmldd.jpg

Always, Always, Be Prepared.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hold_Back_(move)

ZROlTYE.png

False Swipe > Hold back

other things are way more important + I am not sure what pokemon you are referring to but all of these are bad as a falseswiper

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

False Swipe > Hold back

I don't want [glow=red]Celebi[/glow] with

[glow=red]Hold Back[/glow] (False Swipe Clone)- Reduce the pokemon to 1 hp.

[glow=red]Heal Block[/glow] - Prevent the pokemon from healing hp for 5 turns.

[glow=red]Thunderwave[/glow]- Status Condition

Ability: [glow=red]Natural Cure[/glow]. Clean up the status conditions given to Celebi by wild pokemon

all of these are bad as a falseswiper

Do tell me if there is a better moveset than Celebi's for swiping.

fmldd.jpg

False Swipe > Hold back

I don't want [glow=red]Celebi[/glow] with

[glow=red]Hold Back[/glow] (False Swipe Clone)- Reduce the pokemon to 1 hp.

[glow=red]Heal Block[/glow] - Prevent the pokemon from healing hp for 5 turns.

[glow=red]Thunderwave[/glow]- Status Condition

Ability: [glow=red]Natural Cure[/glow]. Clean up the status conditions given to Celebi by wild pokemon

all of these are bad as a falseswiper

Do tell me if there is a better moveset than Celebi's for swiping.

do not use Celebi for swiping, use Breloom if you want with Toxicorb and Poisonheal + Spore + Falseswipe + Stunspore

Celebi is by far a bad falseswiper

3jxI0A4.png

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Celebi/Hold Back speaks for itself with its moveset. Leftovers will cover the poison PVP combo, and you keep Natural Gift ability too. Wild Pokes aren't that threatening. Anyway this pvp tip is sort derailing the thread. [glow=red]I'm going to stop here.[/glow]

This is just a [glow=red]wishlist[/glow], not a debate about "swiping". It's about adding in Event Pokemon, to expand the options on HM Slaves. The goal is to get hm slaves down to 1-2 in your party, after purchasing any available donation shop tools and mounts. It's about making hm slave searching more flexible. At the moment, with all tools purchased, I seem to juggle with 3 hm slaves(or tm slaves), or have to head back to the pokecenter, to swap one out. My dream would be 1 hm slave, but sitting on 3 I see an opportunity to find ways to bring that to 2 in the future. Those are my intentions. Optimization. More open slots for less slavery. Less whips.

fmldd.jpg

331598 The goal is to get hm slaves down to 1-2 in your party, after purchasing any available donation shop tools and mounts.

Breloom > Spore / Headbutt / Cut / False Swipe

Crawdaunt > Dig / Rock Smash / Dive / Surf

(backed up by this guide)

Also, personally, i only take the pokemon with the HMs im going to need prior to visiting the next PC, for example if im going on a Dig spot run or a headbutt run i will take my Breloom (headbutt / cut) and Raichu (flash / dig), if i know im going to Sootopolis and need dive i dont really need flash or dig for that so i store my Raichu back in the PC, you dont have to have every HM available in your party at every step, should you need other Pokemon to fill out the numbers of your party besides Pokes with HM moves.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

The only real reason to have Hold Back, that I can see, is to give it to Pokemon that would be good with False Swipe but can't learn the move.

Just to open up variety instead of using Breloom again and again.

So things with passable/good Attack stat and access to Yawn or Hypnosis, like:

Hypno

Snorlax

Noctowl

Stantler

Spinda

Purugly (this one in particular, would be great considering its speed)

Malamar

I exclude things that can learn Spore, because both Breloom and Parasect can learn False Swipe anyway, and Shiinotic is not in PRO yet.

Anyway, I like the idea of having event Pokemon, wish we can have that. Doesn't even need to be a Hold Back event, as long as it's something special.

331662 The only real reason to have Hold Back, that I can see, is to give it to Pokemon that would be good with False Swipe but can't learn the move.

Just to open up variety instead of using Breloom again and again.

So things with passable/good Attack stat and access to Yawn or Hypnosis, like:

Hypno

Snorlax

Noctowl

Stantler

Spinda

Purugly (this one in particular, would be great considering its speed)

Malamar

I exclude things that can learn Spore, because both Breloom and Parasect can learn False Swipe anyway, and Shiinotic is not in PRO yet.

Anyway, I like the idea of having event Pokemon, wish we can have that. Doesn't even need to be a Hold Back event, as long as it's something special.

I second this. and thanks Lunestra. I try not to suggest or think about anything that would defer from the original pokemon games, or the lore. Just becuase. But otherwise, I wouldn't complain if there was a way to increase the options w/o making pokemon revolution too different. It's nice that you can go literally to other pokemon websites to pick out moves, then go into Revolution, and its pokemon built the same way. In general, if anything in Bulbapedia says its okay for ... say a snorlax, to have false swipe etc, bc of some episode in Pokemon original series (might not exist) or some pokemon game allowed it, that would be awesome. Event Pokemon were found when I searched for moves, so, it was sort of my desperate attempt to add to what we already have.

fmldd.jpg