Consumable PvP Items Costing PvP Coins

Chameleon

Focus Sash and Weakness Policy currently cost 20 PvP coins to obtain and they are consumable, i.e. they disappear after they're used. (Focus Sash is also obtainable from bosses) 20 PvP coins means 20 PvP wins and costs roughly around 100k (give or take) in today's economy if you wanted to buy from another player.

I don't see the logic behind this. These items are used in order to win PvP battles, but you need to win PvP battles in order to obtain them!?!? And you either need to get rid of your hard earned 20 PvP coins or 100k (+/-) only to use them for a single battle.

With the Focus Sash vendor gone, it's clearly not viable to have a Focus Sash holder in your PvP team. Same with Weakness Policy. There's no problem with these items being consumable, but they cost way too much to be worth using.

I appreciate every staff members' efforts, but I kindly ask you to think about this very important topic.

334216 Focus Sash and Weakness Policy currently cost 20 PvP coins to obtain and they are consumable, i.e. they disappear after they're used. (Focus Sash is also obtainable from bosses) 20 PvP coins means 20 PvP wins and costs roughly around 100k (give or take) in today's economy if you wanted to buy from another player.

I don't see the logic behind this. These items are used in order to win PvP battles, but you need to win PvP battles in order to obtain them!?!? And you either need to get rid of your hard earned 20 PvP coins or 100k (+/-) only to use them for a single battle.

With the Focus Sash vendor gone, it's clearly not viable to have a Focus Sash holder in your PvP team. Same with Weakness Policy. There's no problem with these items being consumable, but they cost way too much to be worth using.

I appreciate every staff members' efforts, but I kindly ask you to think about this very important topic.

This are going to change soon, they won't stay at a 20 PvP coins cost :)

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Resolution Center

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.

334217 This are going to change soon, they won't stay at a 20 PvP coins cost :)

Well, that's not too bad but keep in mind that even if they cost 1 PvP coin, that's about 5k. And more importantly, you need to have a positive W-L record in order to keep getting your own Focus Sashes if you consume 1 sash per game(assuming they cost 1 coin). That is if you have only 1 FS/WP holder.

Well, Shane just said Focus Sash and Weakness Policy will cost 2 PvP coins. I still have concerns about this as this means you can only afford to get a single Focus Sash/Weakness Policy per 2 wins. And if you lose just one of the said items per PvP battle (win or a loss) you'll need to win 2 extra PvP battles (without them...the irony) to be able to afford another one which will probably be used in the next battle.

Yes "they are PVP rewards.. for.. PVPing" but this doesn't make the usage of them viable. Why do I need/use a Focus Sash/Weakness Policy? To win PvP battles. How do I get them? By winning PvP battles. I don't see the point in this. I can understand the non consumable PvP items costing PvP coins to a certain extent, as you won't need to replace them constantly. But I still don't see the point in making FS/WP buyable only using PvP coins. You'll have to have a positive win record. Even if you win every battle you have, you'll only be able to use 1 FS/WP in half of your battles. Buying from other players is an option, but they'll cost roughly 10k each and you'll have to waste your time trying to find someone who sells them and preferably in bulk...

I don't agree with this decision.

Even if they cost 1 PvP coin it's still horrible and demotivating game design and not viable. I can't stress this enough.

If you plan on actually playing a lot, limited boss encounters is not a solution either (and this PvE aspect shouldn't be a limiting factor on PvP anyway!). It's ruining strategies, punishing players and removing income for stuff like Kyogre mount.

Why are you even making those mounts if you want players to use their only PvP coins on Focus Sash?

Why do we always have to take a step back when we take one forward...

And all of this is without considering the fact that you get no coins on disconnects. And don't try to tell me it happens rarely. I have experience. 45 min timer or not.

334757 Even if they cost 1 PvP coin it's still horrible and demotivating game design and not viable. I can't stress this enough.

If you plan on actually playing a lot, limited boss encounters is not a solution either (and this PvE aspect shouldn't be a limiting factor on PvP anyway!). It's ruining strategies, punishing players and removing income for stuff like Kyogre mount.

Why are you even making those mounts if you want players to use their only PvP coins on Focus Sash?

Why do we always have to take a step back when we take one forward...

And all of this is without considering the fact that you get no coins on disconnects. And don't try to tell me it happens rarely. I have experience. 45 min timer or not.

Couldn't agree more.