gimp vs photoshop

Han1996

Hello, I am currently very interested manipulating images and such. However, i realized that photoshop is not free and is quite expensive. Then someone told me about an app called gimp. What is the difference between gimp and photoshop and can i create great sigs like somes's, gold3n's if i learn using gimp for a long time?

I am a using Gimp. I think i can confirm that gimp is a very good alternative for PS. I've made several sigs for myself, gifs, banners, etc.

oh and my current sig is made from gimp too, including the gifs and ava.

353873 can i create great sigs like somes's, gold3n's if i learn using gimp for a long time?

Yes, you can. Theres also alota guides on youtube or google.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

Photoshop is a lot more user friendly and has more features for digital image manipulation. A combination of Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator is everything you will ever need to create an image of your standards. There are some free portable versions of those products but I am not talking about then nor sharing pirated links.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

I personally use Photoshop. I tried Gimp once and didn't like it.

Since I've been using Photoshop for about 4 or 5 years, I've gotten quite used to its layout and tools. I also think that Photoshop offers a lot of tools that Gimp doesn't, which may not be used as you start but they will become more useful later on.

If you can, try to get a Photoshop. It'll be much better in the long run :)

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

• 2 years later...

Gimp is nice, but Photoshop is much better. Aside from the obvious fact it's free, the user face takes a little getting used to, but some of the general advantages I would say are 1) it's updated more often than PS. 2) Being open source, it's very customizable, and there are always new user-developed plugins & tweaks & twerks being released.

I personally use Photoshop with XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro drawing tablet with screen . It’s the best thing I ever did for photo editing. It’s seriously amazing.