Pokemon, only worse.

Aweful

I'm failing to see the relevance of your comment to what I was attempting to discuss. The Fly ability is and has always been a necessary convenience within the Pokemon games, allowing people to access the placea they have already completed quicker. How did someone think "We need a gold sink on this server. Oh wait, lets disable Fly!" I simply cannot see any logical or rational reason behind why it is disabled at all.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

356374-snip-

I think a best solution that suits for your demand without affecting the economy is, maybe banning all pokes that are product of breeding on ranked PVP. how about that? crazy huh? but im pretty sure thats the only solution possible to accommodate your demand.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

Okay okay okay, I will explain every point in order for you to understand it.

Fly

Red:

Fly being very dangerous and probably the worst thing anti-sinkhole is a logical conclusion everyone normal would make. However; I have every single formula and graph in my head done for this setup. For example, fly wouldn't be much of a issue because fly can't take you on exclusive and far away map, we have cable cars for it. Cable cars, boats and trains all cost money and they are supposed to take you there where fly wouldn't be able to, such as trainer valley, love island and so on. Fly being disabled or Enabled wouldn't make any difference. In fact, it would be counter productive. Why counter productive? Because you can't fast fly on the maps where you will spend pds for ferry, train or cable car to travel = more money spent, much faster. Walking on the foot or driving bike would bring up the time as a variable to determinate the sinkhole. Obviously you will need a lot of time to travel from point X to Y which means less money spent. Absorbing what I've just said; on the way to point Y, you may even get "lucky" and induce shiny or two into the economy. Fly itself will make sure that those chances are decreased because you don't need to walk around the grass and what not. That is the difference between sinkhole and affordable feature which won't result in a mess. Actually, this very affordable feature will turn into proper sinkhole. There is a difference between regular sinkhole and looping sinkhole that will always work and circulate things naturally. And as said, it can only make people to spend more. All it takes is designing a graph in your head and do the logical mathematics, probability and what ifs.

Breeding

Shamac:

The breeding has been removed as a way of converting a predominantly single player game into an MMO.

Pokemon is a game based on effort, the handhelds had many ways of removing effort that when put into an MMO removes part of the experience, having to use time, effort and knowledge to catch and start training a pokemon with the stats and nature you desire is part of the effort so when you achieve your goal, the time and effort pays off, in the handhelds this is easier since it has to be easy and fast enough appeal to a larger and often younger market to achieve as much profit as possible.

Removing effort cheapens any PVP win or rank too when compared to someone spending their time and effort to achieve their goals, not just based on their move-sets, showing their ability as a trainer overall instead of just a battler, the difference in pokemon is even shown in the anime, compare Ash's krabby to Gary's for example, Gary's was the better catch, naturally stronger, there was no sign of him farming for it, purely luck, yet if both were lvl 100 and Ash had trained his and Gary didn't, Ash would still win, so the effort to find the right one is worthwhile and form more of an attachment to you're favorite pokemon when you finally get the one you wanted.

Your opinions are valid, but unfortunately they don't go in line with what PRO is accomplishing. PRO has chosen to go for a more social, unperfect pokemon approach. Breeding unfortunately would make everyone self-sufficient, walking around with eggs and have no need to rely on other people. The current hunting system prioritizes hunting and selling. This has created a healthy economy that is very evident on the red server where a lot of money is out and about with the veteran players. You hunt an epic rare/epic sought after poke, you could make yourself rich and so the cycle goes. Breeding just does not fit into this equation. Breeding would also ruin the rarity system and economy since, dratini for example, extremely rare, they're valuable, yet if every breeds and sells 10 each, they would be worth less than 10k within days and no one would be farming, so other pokemon wouldn't be caught, or items added to the players bag.

Although some pokemon are only in MS areas, the MS medallion is available to buy from other players, with the 1 mill you could buy 3/4 medallions and have membership for months, farming for the pokemon you want, whilst collecting other pokemon you yourself could sell to people who don't want to put in the effort, which essentially you could use the money from that for more MS medallions, constant MS without you paying.

All the money from the donations for coins goes into maintaining and running the servers which the game is running on, it's non-profit, and the fact that all items bought with coins are trade able in game would also demonstrate that the idea is NOT to get as much money from players as possible but just incentives to donate towards the running of the game so that it can continue without the incentives giving too much of an advantage.

As to your opinions towards the game, it has to be understood that not all games will be right for everyone, PRO has been adapted as much as possible to keep the idea of pokemon and the game basis whilst making it suitable to be an MMO, PRO is under constant development and so is always being improved and added to, by a staff full of pokemon fans using their own time to work on it, the reward they receive is the game itself and people enjoying playing it.

How to quest HM-Fly

Guide and the fees are 2.5k each trip with the subway and 5k each time you want to change the regions AND there is something pretty new in order to make traveling even better -> Weekly Transit Pass

I would like you to check out this thread and this thread.

If you have anything further after reading these threads, comment again.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

They will never add fly or breeding into the game. It will break the game. Adding breeding makes every other pokemon that doesnt have 6x31 stats worthless, it removes the largest part of the games economy.

Adding fly into the game w/ free use would cause hyper inflation. Without a goldsink in any game where currency is constantly flowing into the game, devauling whats already there causes the Zimbabwe effect. Also it doesnt take 20 min to go from Lavender Town to Safari Zone Johto unless you have to battle every single trainer. On top of there theres subways and trains you can take.

356374 If a gold sink is needed, add a 500 charge to the Fly ability... Easy solution that removes the immense amount of time wasted required to run everywhere and still has the "gold sink" that everyone seems to think is 'needed'.

I thought we've had a subway system in Kanto-Johto, and a teleportation system in Hoenn to replace the traveling aspect ingame? :Shocked:

Dude, seriously, 2 days of playing game wont be enough for understading all the features in it. Try playing for a month more, i think your view will change, thats my opinion. If u cant play for another month, just leave the game and dont complain about it :Heart:

356374 If a gold sink is needed, add a 500 charge to the Fly ability

it's physically impossible for the server to do that. Limitation of how the game is coded. Just use escape rope first and then use subway/teleportation, it's the exact same thing as using fly.

356368 it doesn't make the game just like Pokemonshowdown purely based on the fact that effort is still required to obtain the optimal Pokemon for battling.

The PvP aspect of the game is flooded with near perfect Pokemon even without breeding, if breeding is introduced, the PvP will only consist of perfect Pokemon, and thus exactly showdown(with less moves & abilities available).

3sJBaVY.gif

Having breeding also negatively affect other things in a huge way.

No one will ever need to go to sites and MS exclusive places anymore, they'll just buy one trash Yamask from someone and breed a perfect one by themselves. And then sell tons of the breedjects, and people will use them for breeding instead of catching a trash one to start breeding.

It removes the need for MS, and also removes sites' purpose as a gold sink.

You also have to remember that breeding lets players easily generates tons of flawless Pokemon for free yet they can sell those Pokemon for money. That will also affect the economy.

Many routes now have a pokemon at the entrance or exit, that teleports you to either side depending on where you are going, so that you can avoid having to run into trainers that may trigger a battle you'd probably want to avoid because it's as you said "time wasting". So you do have other options available to you since fly won't be implemented/used outside of battle.

Other MMO's are very, how do I put this, "Okay I'll make this an enjoyable and easy experience for you as a player" but pokemon revolution online holds the same statement but makes it challenging.

Breeding I personally dislike. I'd rather spend my time and depend on my luck to repetitively find the same pokemon, with the same nature to get great competitive IV's I can later use in PvP. You can have the best pokemon with the best stats for competitive PvP but it all comes down to skill, thought and strategy.

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif