Bosses RNG

Petrosmpak

I believe we can all understand what I am talking about, but in case someone doesn't, I will give a few examples.

My blissey with serene grace fights against let's say a raichu. Blissey has flash and flamethrower. Raichu has thunderbolt. Even after blissey uses flash 6 times, raichu with 6stages lowered Accuracy will paralyze me 3 times while blissey (WITH SERENE GRACE) will not burn it. Originally, blissey has 20% chance to burn, meaning 1 out of 5. In my experience, Blissey won't cause a burn even after 20 times. Raichu on the other hand, has a 10% chance of paralyzing. If we consider the six stages lowered accuracy (meaning 1 out of 3 attacks will hit), raichu will paralyze 1 out of 30 times. In my experience, Raichu will paralyze at least once every 7 times.

Second example. Blissey will use flash 6 times on Azumarill. Azumarill will hit with hydro pump 6 times in a row.

The above are hust some examples. This happens with every single pokemon. Critical hit chance is also increased, which negates our pokemon's buffs and K.Os it.

I get that bosses are supposed to be difficult. Hell, I love that bosses are supposed to be difficult. But being difficult and being unfair, there is a big defference. We learned to play PRO within some rules. The rules say that there is a chance for attacks to hit, cause secondary effects etc. Since clearly this doesn't apply to bosses, 2 things may happen. Either this is a bug and needs to be fixed, or you did this knowingly and didn't tell us about it. If the case is simply an error, I hope you can fix it as it's frustrating. If this is meant to be like this, and nobody has informed us players, then I feel cheated and disappointed. All of us have invested time and effort in this game, and cheating us like this is not how you make a game harder in a fun way. I am dorry if I come out harsh, but, I say again, if and only if you did this on purpose, I feel this way. Of course this doesn't change how much I like the rest of the game and how I admire the work you have done, something which is obvious by the more than 1000 hours I have spent playing the game.

I hope you read this message and reply. Thanks a lot in advance

Unfortunately it just sounds like you've had some bad luck. I've got ~800 hours in game and i've never left a boss fight feeling like I was cheated. Sure, sometimes a lucky critical might make me lose my set up pokemon (looking at you, Greninjack), but its never consistent. Judging by the fact you're using flash six times per poke, might I suggest using a tactic that does more damage faster? If you're spending 10-15 turns per poke then obviously its going to seem like you're getting a lot of criticals on you just because of the sheer volume of moves being used against you.

Also your second example is confusing. What azumarill uses hydro pump? Also blissey is arguably the best Sp Def tank in the game as well as massive HP. 6 Hydro Pumps from an azumarill *literally* should not damage you if you have leftovers/softboiled.

Again, it sounds like you had a string of bad luck, but maybe try some new tactics when fighting bosses if you're having difficulty.

358956 Unfortunately it just sounds like you've had some bad luck. I've got ~800 hours in game and i've never left a boss fight feeling like I was cheated. Sure, sometimes a lucky critical might make me lose my set up pokemon (looking at you, Greninjack), but its never consistent. Judging by the fact you're using flash six times per poke, might I suggest using a tactic that does more damage faster? If you're spending 10-15 turns per poke then obviously its going to seem like you're getting a lot of criticals on you just because of the sheer volume of moves being used against you.

Also your second example is confusing. What azumarill uses hydro pump? Also blissey is arguably the best Sp Def tank in the game as well as massive HP. 6 Hydro Pumps from an azumarill *literally* should not damage you if you have leftovers/softboiled.

Again, it sounds like you had a string of bad luck, but maybe try some new tactics when fighting bosses if you're having difficulty.

I keep being told that it's just "Bad luck". Well, it's not bad luck if it happens all the time. And it does happen all the time.

The bosses in Love Island have Azumarill with hydro pump. Of course bliseey doesn't die from it, but the point of using flash (and hypnosis from mew right afterwards) is to bring in another pokemon which will buff up (Haxorus, cloyster, Bisharp, Slowbro etc) in 2 turns and swipe the rest of the team . If this works, the battle takes 15 rounds in total, and not 15 rounds per pokemon. These die from hydro pump, and it doesn't help when it hits all the time regardless of the accuracy drop.

What usually happens is this:

I bring in Blissey, use flash, and survive special attacks. Whe I m done, I bring in mew for hypnosis. When this works (lots of times it takes 3-4 turns), i switch to let's say Bisharp. Bisharp will use swords dance twice, and then swipe with sucker punch. But, most times it doesn't manage to use sucker punch twice, because once Azumarill wakes up, it hits despite having its accuracy lowered. If this happens with all three pokes I have brought in, then the battle is lost or I have to use revives.

I did almost every boss a dozen times and never noticed something like that or from any other NPC in the game ( I am #1 playtime on yellow ). It does feel like you are just super unlucky in that matter, if you need help to create a better boss team, I am happy to help you. :) I suggest you stop using flash and put toxic on blissey instead and just outstall every spatk pokemon with softboiled+toxic.

The boss RNG is not that bad as you claim it is.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Morty's Gengar flinches me around 6/10 times with Dark Pulse every time I face him. It can't be bad luck, the odds of that happening every single time are extremely low. Besides that, I haven't had an experience which I can point out and say "this should not happen". I just say it's 'bad luck' most of the time. Getting paralyzed by Thunderbolt 30% of the time etc. happens to me but I just call it 'bad luck'. It may not be... But Gengar's Dark Pulse is a completely different story.

I agree with your concerns.

358974 I keep being told that it's just "Bad luck". Well, it's not bad luck if it happens all the time. And it does happen all the time.

imo if its only you who is experiencing this. I can assure its just a superultramega-badluck. Perhaps its time for you to brainstorm some other ways to beat bosses.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18