Let's talk about luck (three 9. tier rarity shinies, same nature/IV's)

Prehax

1. 1.

Very interesting discover here Prehax :y:

It seems PRO has a pre-determined pattern for shiny :p Like in G2 with the IVs, on Bulbapedia: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pok%C3%A9mon

In Generation II, Shininess is determined by the IVs of a Pokémon. If a Pokémon's Speed, Defense, and Special IVs are all 10, and its Attack IV is 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15, it will be Shiny.

It changes in G3, Shiny depends on Trainer ID and Pokemon ID :

In Generation III, most of the data structures were completely overhauled. Starting from this generation, a Pokémon's Shininess is no longer linked to any of its other stats. Instead, Shininess is determined by a calculation involving the Original Trainer's ID number and secret ID number, as well as the Pokémon's personality value.

The exact calculation is (TrainerID xor SecretID) xor (PersonalityValue31..16 xor PersonalityValue15..0), where the latter two values represent the highest and lowest 16 bits of the 32-bit personality value respectively; more detailed information can be found at the personality value article.

The above formula can result in a number from 0 to 65535. If the result is less than 8, then the Pokémon is Shiny. This gives an overall probability of 8/65536 or 1/8192, exactly the same as in Generation II.

It's different here, you notice different Trainer ID. But the same Nature. And exactly same IVs.

The very interesting fact is : the combination of IVs : 22 - 28 - 30 - 22 - 06 - 28. Every combination of IVs has 1 chance of 887 503 681 (31^6) to be find. In Yellow Server, the Pokemon ID are around 8 200 000, we are so far of the 887 503 681. So the probability of having the same IVs exactly on 3 Pokemon is very very low :Ambivalent:

I don't think the rarity tiers of this Pokemon will influence the Shiny :

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61233&start=80

I don't know the exact figures since I have no control over the spawns, but one thing for sure is that if you were to encounter a Caterpie, you have a chance for it to be pink. First the species, then the colour. Making rare Pokemon unavailable wouldn't make sense, would it? As such, yes are obtainable, just rarer than their standard coloured counterparts.

It seems the species of Pokemon is determinate before then the shiny sprite, so the rarity tiers shouldn't influence.

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

363939 so interesting.

staffs might be infested.

well, the OT's are not from staff playeraccounts o/; it's actually just funny to me, I can probably find more of these

Ofcourse why would they risk their name when they could just make a dummy one. But first is that a real photo/pokes? If it is theres no other suspect other than coincidence.

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

363939 so interesting.

staffs might be infested.

well, the OT's are not from staff playeraccounts o/; it's actually just funny to me, I can probably find more of these

Ofcourse why would they risk their name when they could just make a dummy one. But first is that a real photo/pokes? If it is theres no other suspect other than coincidence.

XU5cB3c.gif xkqnnEp.gif

yeah they are real and the OT's are actual player accounts who still play

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

There was a similar instance of this on Red a VERY long time ago. The two players who caught the Pokemon figured out that they had caught the Pokemon at the exact same time which lead me to believe this possibly tricked the game into distributing the same IVs on two Pokemon. However it hasn't happened since so there's no way to prove this theory.

It is interesting though. A very rare encounter if it is completely randomized.

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

XU5cB3c.gif xkqnnEp.gif

yeah they are real and the OT's are actual player accounts who still play

They always tend to sold/trade it as soon as possible ive seen alota spawned shinies on red wayback and were already on the hands of normal players but eventually discovered and removed/banned

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18