Shadow Tag Voting

Palpatine

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote:[glow=red]Ban shadowtag[/glow]

Reason: Theres not that much counter-play.

Weavile knock off with life orb doesnt kill it, you are fine with a Bisharp but there is still a 25% chance that Gothi will also survive a Bisharp knock off, moreover when im building a team, the first thing what comes in our mind shoudlnt be „how do I counter a Gothitelle?“

I also wanna play some other teams without a Bisharp.

As long as there is no Shed Shell or Choice Band and all the other PvP Items in this game, what would help to counter a Gothitelle without Bisharp much more easier, it should be banned.

nOItDvT.png

AkmfjcI.png

367427 x6lq86.jpg

I vote DONT BAN it's part of the game and you can easy revenge kill. So stupid ban it on my opinion.

Your vote cant be takken into consideration, read the post of the topic owner(palpapine) for further information concerning the requiertment to vote on this thread.

PCznf1X.png?1

I vote to ban Shadow Tag

Gothitelle has a gamebreaking ability that that prohibits one of the most basic of game mechanics, switching. I don't agree with the argument that it is just as simple as putting in a Weavile or Bisharp to counter Goth because 1. Weavile doesn't always OHKO Goth 2. People with half a brain can just swap in a Weavile/Bisharp counter in once they have deleted a mon from the opponent's team. Not being able to switch out of Goth makes it to where Goth has no true counters. Goth is oppressive to the metagame where players are forced to think while building teams "Does this mon get trapped by Goth? Yes, can't use it" and it forces us to use more physical attackers even to the point that special defensive tanks/walls are nearly useless in our physically aggressive metagame. As a result we are forced to forego the usual stallbreakers/utility mons that are weak to a physically aggressive metagame which actually increases our chances of playing against these stall teams everyone who uses 6x setup teams are afraid of.

7oBTsA1.png

365878 Even tho i think that shadow tag itself isnt the problem i have to vote for a ban because in the current state gothitelle is just to powerful and we dont have other options to vote for because it would be to confusing for us (that's what the staff told me)

Beeing the best trapper, the best pp-staller (u can stall up to 80 turns with only rest and calm mind that's even worse than stall) and the most reliable calm mind setter with only one moveset is to much. And one day trick+choice items are coded and it gets even worse. And we had to wait almost a year before this vote started.

I dont mind trapping because if switching out is all the counterplay u need the game would be boring and stall would always win. But the combination of trapping and setting up, which is great against most spinner (starmie, tenta, blastoise), special attacker without a boosting move (magnezone, venusaur, roserade, politoad) and most walls, is to strong. The setting up also enables gothitelle to use a chesto berry because it can pp-stall even dual stab pokemon resulting in not beeing revenge killed by knock off. The strongest dark-type pokemon ada+life orb bisharp deals 79.3 - 93.6% with sucker punch (=boosted pursuit which isnt even working atm) against a bold gothitelle. so there is no easy revenge killing as some persons claim.

In summery gothitelle is not only good against stall in the current state as ome players claim. Way more pokemon are pressured and forced to use inefficient movesets to prevent gothitelle from getting to +6 for free. Against all other setup sweeper u can switch in a counter, a haze user and one day hopefully unaware pokemon.

Imo it would be enough and the best solution to ban calm mind/setup moves in combination with shadow tag. Goth would still be able to challenge stall because of taunt+toxic but would never be able to sweep complete teams or to pp-stall anything besides seismic toss blissey or pokemon with 4 status moves. And to keep the meta shifting and interesting we need more options not less. Also the ban in smogon resulted in gothitelle being playable in ubers. in PRO it will be gone (which makes the copy-pasterinoing the process from smogon even more ridiculous)

ajmerggx.png

Ban shadow tag.. (over power shadow tag)

perish song + shadow offensive move combination..

free bufs calm mind ... while trapping other pokemon.

6a8d00ef9e624d9f8d1ff4747042855b.png