simplest way to nerf Gothitelle and keep it up in ranked battles

Luohan

366326 Stop using walls/stall and dont cry :p

Already the voting post of the ban shadow tag is a joke because to ban shadow tag they need ban blissey, gale wings (talonflame), regenator (alomomola, slowbro, trangrowth) and how will not happen the ban of what i mentioned, i'll say again the vote to ban shadow tag is a joke!!

Gothitelle trapped and setup on my Infernape after i used Overheat. Last time i checked, Overheat Infernape wasn't a wall.

if you use taunt with infernape maybe the gothitelle wasn't buffed with calm mind or restored hp with rest ;)

So you're basically saying it's my own fault for not bringing taunt on an offensive Infernape ;) gotcha. Nice team building freedom.

366326 Stop using walls/stall and dont cry :p

Already the voting post of the ban shadow tag is a joke because to ban shadow tag they need ban blissey, gale wings (talonflame), regenator (alomomola, slowbro, trangrowth) and how will not happen the ban of what i mentioned, i'll say again the vote to ban shadow tag is a joke!!

Gothitelle trapped and setup on my Infernape after i used Overheat. Last time i checked, Overheat Infernape wasn't a wall.

if you use taunt with infernape maybe the gothitelle wasn't buffed with calm mind or restored hp with rest ;)

so we should run taunt on every special poke to counter goth? sounds legit to me ...

Freddie_forum_size.png

so we should run taunt on every special poke to counter goth? sounds legit to me ...

lol he used spatk in a spatk wall (obvilous gothitelle gonna tankeed the atk), well taunt is good to many thing's...taunt dragon dance, taunt sowrds dances, taunt leech seed, taunt stealth rock, taunt calm mind, taunt nasty plost....as you see yes you can lose a pokemon but how did you see taunt is good against for many other pokemons and not only against gothitelle ;) and yes taunt against walls/stalls is legit ;)

lol he used spatk in a spatk wall (obvilous gothitelle gonna tankeed the atk), well taunt is good to many thing's...taunt dragon dance, taunt sowrds dances, taunt leech seed, taunt stealth rock, taunt calm mind, taunt nasty plost....as you see yes you can lose a pokemon but how did you see taunt is good against for many other pokemons and not only against gothitelle ;) and yes taunt against walls/stalls is legit ;)

which is absolutely not my point but thanks for your answer anyway

Freddie_forum_size.png

366394 lol he used spatk in a spatk wall (obvilous gothitelle gonna tankeed the atk), well taunt is good to many thing's...taunt dragon dance, taunt sowrds dances, taunt leech seed, taunt stealth rock, taunt calm mind, taunt nasty plost....as you see yes you can lose a pokemon but how did you see taunt is good against for many other pokemons and not only against gothitelle ;) and yes taunt against walls/stalls is legit ;)

taunt is not as good as u make it sound without struggle (25% of max HP) which is besides substitute not working imo one of the biggest problems in PRO when it comes to challenging stall/defensive teams. In this case (infernape vs gothitelle) taunt wouldnt be helpful because gothitelle has a 2HKO on infernape anyways. Nasty plot on the other hand would have been helpful because at +2 overheat/fire blast is a OHKO, letting u kill any gothitelle that trys to setup on u and leave those going for the kill weakend. In general Gothitelle is weaker against anything that can set up faster (dragon dance, swords dance, nasty plot) and in a calm mind battle it's mostly about who crits first. But as we all know not every spatk pokemon can run setup moves or taunt.

Also gothitelle is in 99% of cases (on red) build as a physical wall (bold+252HP+252Def) with calm mind and not as a special wall in the first place.