Upcoming patch discussion

Sermacabro

Pay for Win

<t>Im really sad and woried with this new thing of change ivs with coins, got to tell u this game will lose tons of loyal players.<br/>

This will be a rip for this game, admins think about this</t>

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Pay to Win

<t>I'm sorry to say this but this's a bad idea, very bad. If you do this, this will turn from a fun game to a game totally based on money ( which is not good for kids who play this ) to be the best. People who don't pay that have weakers pokemons from people who pay will feel unconfident and bad so there could be a chance that many people will leave. I have heard that some of my friends already said he would leave if this happens. So please consider again and don't put this ingame please. That's all we want to be honest. No one would love this idea.Thank you.</t>

bobofinal.gif

<t>I don't think this news items are a good strategy for PRO. <br/>

When i was younger, i played Ogame (a web browser game with the bigger community in Germany, France and Poland, others community was smaller). And in 2007, Gameforge, the creator of the game, decide to add news paying options, the game already had some but this options wasn't influence the ranking of players. This news options affected directly the ranking, more you pay more you win = P2W. In one year, the game has lost 60% of his community. And it wasn't a small community, just in France 50 servers with 10k accounts, even with multiples accounts, it was not a small community. And year by year, the community has decrease. <br/>

Yes, the profits of the company passed to 20m to 120m in one year, but it costs them their main game. Today, the game has disappeared, it still exist, but it's far from being the main game of Gameforge. <br/>

<br/>

It was a very good strategy in short term, but in long term, the company have a very bad reputation and for Ogame it was the end : when you know how the game will evolve you don't invest time in the game. Even if, we already know all game have a end, if we know the end is close, we don't want to invest time for nothing, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy.<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

This news items in PRO (Black Medallion and IV Coin Re-rolling) will help players to have better PKM, they will stop cry about their trashs. But, for the players who don't pay, it will be harder to have epic PKM. Even if you can buy it on trade, you have to invest more time for the same PKM. Actually, there is no huge difference between players who pay and who doesn't, you can only have more money, buy more PKM. But, if the difference increase, players who don't play will stop the game. Why should i spend 300 hours for farm when an other guys just pay a lot and have the same PKM? Even if we don't care, we will see a lot of players with epic PKM and after long time to chase, we will realize : "why should i continue to lose my time here? others players have better than me just because they paid". The effect of this items are not in short term, but in long term the community will decrease and the game disappear. <br/>

I hear Shane work on PRO.2, fine, why should i go on this new game if it ends like PRO? There are others game.<br/>

<br/>

It's why i disagree with this news items.</t>

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

<t>I would understand if you guys could add the ability capsule in the game, but IV changer what the F?!! What's the difference between this and breeding ehh? PRO survived 3 years without this why introduce it now? I know that the servers are feeling quite empty this past few months, and if you're trying to get the servers back in its prime, well guess what? your doing it wrong! you don't do it by loosing more players! why not fix the bugs and glitches? or add more quest and bosses? which in the latter would induce players to spend cash into the game.<br/>

<br/>

I just don't get how this thing poped out of nowhere after all this years, and what's worse is that it is a blatant cash grab. Since I came back, I have notice the drop of the pokemon prices in the market, and that both coin items and pokemons are hard to sell nowadays (maybe also because of the lack of daily active players), I couldn't agree more to what other people above me is saying, this will not only undermine the prices of Pokemons but will render hunting useless that maybe 1 or 2 weeks after this gets implemented, trade chat will probably be filled by people selling capsules and not pokemons etc. Pokemon trades is what makes probably 80% of the game's economy running and 20% of it is probably run by ms, mounts, clothes trades etc. now if you're going to introduce this utter nonsense into the game it will 101% break the balance, the economy and the player base in general. Thank you.<br/>

<br/>

Best of wishes and luck for Sinnoh project!</t>

h37v6JP.jpg

Please dont put coins to change ivs

<t>This will make this a game a pay to play, and will take one important part of it(search,catch,sell,train) that made this game so fun.<br/>

Im very sad if this is true case will destroy what i think to be the best pokemon game online.<br/>

Staff Please think about it.</t>

State of the Game

<t>So, as far as we can tell, the changes planned for the next update are nothing more than profit-seeking p2w items. That brings the question, what is left for this game? Does shane plan to shut it down as soon as he's gotten enough money out of these changes? Is Sinnoh ever going to be released? I think we deserve some answers, as PRO hasn't had a major content update for the past six months... we've gotten Pinkan Island (which was terribly designed tbh), a couple bosses, and bug fixes, and nothing else. When Pinkan was unveiled, we were told it was to be the third of three maps currently in development - where are the other two? And perhaps, GET PLAYERS BACK WITH ACTUAL CONTENT before releasing this ridiculous black medallion and IV reset. Or just don't release them at all. Just a thought.</t>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

Re: Please dont put coins to change ivs

<t>listen to this guy pro is here to enjoy the game and hunting is one of the biggest things in it. if u want to have poke with max iv go farm for it or just play showdown..<br/>

i understand that u guys would make good money with it but i think it would destroy the game we all love <3</t>

Mahatmahansforumsize.png