Thoughts About the Awesome Dogs Quest

Chameleon

[mention]Laertes[/mention] The 750 hours requirement was public, like since I started playing last summer. The boss fights also reward NEW pokemon as the 4. win bonus and have the chance to drop choice items and up to 80k cash. The boss fights ( notice those were THREE in one update) just add some lore to the quest, as Guardians of the dogs. The idea of making it 100% is pretty good as "safe spot" after 4 wins, just imagine how the outrage would be if it wasn't there and only 12,5% chance everytime?

The Pinkan Island quest was long, had lots of story and NPC fights and just look how many people got to it in the first day.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logged in to see if PRO was finally moving the right direction 'players' was moving in the right derection.

Same childish posts as usual :y:

Gotta love how you guys don't appreciate any work being made by staff and keep crying instead. Dunno what do you expect from someone which you're demotivating.

Some of you don't even play the game :Ambivalent:

You are not killing time, it's time killing you.

logged in to see if PRO was finally moving the right direction 'players' was moving in the right derection.

Same childish posts as usual :y:

Gotta love how you guys don't appreciate any work being made by staff and keep crying instead. Dunno what do you expect from someone which you're demotivating.

Some of you don't even play the game :Ambivalent:

Accusing someone of being childish then posting a popcorn picture. Very mature of you, I must admit. Round of applause to you.

People appreciate the work being done, the decision to make legendary beasts obtainable was appreciated numerous times on many platforms where admins can see. So were some other changes made to the game. Motivation works both ways. You think players aren't demotivated by seeing their suggestions go to waste? Not even getting a reply from staff members who actually have the authority to implement changes. And I'm not even talking about suggestions which are opinion based (change rarity for example). I'm talking about stuff like Poison Jab, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Stone Edge TMs etc. which people have been asking for for over a year now.

Also, you're the 3rd person who chooses to attack people instead of trying to address any argument being made. How different are you compared to the people you criticize?

ok this is my idea= you can talk to the guardian everyday (24hour) you dont have to fight him but he spawns you the dog. Fighting is normal=12days^^

But when you have to wait 4 day´s you can let them spawn insta :P 4 days is "no" time I think its a bad suggestion for the ppl who made this system.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

ok this is my idea= you can talk to the guardian everyday (24hour) you dont have to fight him but he spawns you the dog. Fighting is normal=12days^^

But when you have to wait 4 day´s you can let them spawn insta :P 4 days is "no" time I think its a bad suggestion for the ppl who made this system.

better than 1 month thought and if its same or lower than 1 week i think its a good idea XD

I don't exactly know why Shane is taking long to code those abilities and moves where it should be the priority.

But I think it all goes to the (messed up?) source code of the game?, Shane might have hard time finding a way for a certain ability/move/feature to work due to it. Which might also forced him to make a PRO2.0 :Question:

Our present sufferings are not worth comparing

to the glory that will be revealed in us.

-Romans 8:18

I don't exactly know why Shane is taking long to code those abilities and moves where it should be the priority.

But I think it all goes to the (messed up?) source code of the game?, Shane might have hard time finding a way for a certain ability/move/feature to work due to it. Which might also forced him to make a PRO2.0 :Question:

Well that's a different topic, but I'll just tell you what I think. Yeah I think that's exactly what it is and it's perfectly understandable. But the lack of communication isn't. Almost no one suggests a fix for VoltSwitch/U-Turn because he told us that it's impossible/hard. I'm not saying he should take his time to view & reply to every suggestion made, but he should at least tell us what is going on with the stuff that everyone suggests such as Poison Jab/Stone Edge/Energy Ball/Focus Blast TMs etc.

[mention]chameleon[/mention]

regarding fixing battle stuff/moves/things in general

Because PRO was built off a pre-existing game called Pokemon World Online, and is really hard to work with. Without starting from scratch you really cant do alot, it takes an incredible amount of time and hacking up the code to make it do things you want.. it really hurts the brain just because of the way it was made back then makes it almost impossible to do anything.. =/

People do not have the ability, they pull that out of their [Censored], because i have seen alot of peoples work who have said this. And some of the ones i know that have said it, actually have the PRO server source code. And never did anything with it.

Its garbage. It just gets by to give you what PRO is giving you.

PROs server is meant to be multithreaded, and was coded back in the PWO days to not be thread safe, and is a total mess. And the battle system is terrible. you cant add anything cool without it crashing way more then it already does.

It would be easier to start again, and as i said above is my reasoning behind the new game, for this exact reason.

soucre: post

regarding TM's

Arnie already suggested a bunch of TM's to Shane (just recently), those that were really needed like Flash Cannon or Stone Edge

PMN3bH4.png

WVw5jtZ.png

I am pretty sure if people start diggin' a bit; you can find easily comments to all the stuff you want to know :P

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

[mention]PreHax[/mention] I've seen both already.

Look, I know you're trying to help and I appreciate it but both of these were very recent, whereas the said moves have been a discussion for about a year or so.

And that's what I exactly mean by "lack of communication". We shouldn't be "diggin' a bit", they should be out there, more accessible. I'm not flaming anyone right now, this is a sincere suggestion to improve the game. PRO needs better communication.

I actually wrote a paragraph about it, but it's off topic so I removed it. If you wanna know, PM me. It's better to discuss off topic matters elsewhere.