Thoughts About the Awesome Dogs Quest

Chameleon

Actually, you do have a point there, IMO the most disappointing part is the 11 days wait, to be honest. We need as much as 4 consecutive wins to make it a guarantee encounter, meaning if we're unlucky that's a 44 days wait. Not to mention if we lost the fight and the win count resets back to 0. Do we really need the wait to be that long?

IMO, the wait should be reduced to 6 days between each tries, if the legend is not encountered yet.

Staffs then can set it to change to 11 days like other bosses once the player encountered their legend.

Everything else we must do (750 hours playtime, complete johto dex to do the whole quests, battle a boss and hope you're lucky that an encounter is triggered) is already enough challenge, I think. Reducing the boss waiting time is the only thing I can think of that doesn't really reduce the "value" of the legend but still makes it feels not that "hard/annoying" to get.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[mention]chameleon[/mention] I mean it could be DragonSlayerx212321 or you, wouldn't matter to me. I wasn't aiming to personally attack you but come on, all you read in this forum is pure salt in the past few days, yeah you gave Arnie credit for the quest but other than that?

I sincerely congratulate whoever had the brilliant idea of 12.5% chance of getting the legendary dog you want. It also makes perfect sense to only guarantee the dog after 4 consecutive wins because of how awesome PRO servers are.

Arnie - Yesterday at 01:44

the 12.5% was me trying to moderate how many entered the game at once

because why should people get something so easily?

Arnie - Yesterday at 01:46

its supposed to be a challenge

Arnie - Yesterday at 01:47

if it was just 'oh, here u go, have a legendary pokemon', what would be the point? u may as well be playing some browser based crap like Pokemon Lake or Volcano or whatever s*** it was called

The game was already overly fair with the RNG system, it's been gifting certain players with epic legendaries (now even with h.a.) while some get a total IV count of less than 31, because simply some trainers are more worthy.

The same issue was there with Mew/Celeib/Jirachi and? We will have the chance to re-capture those soon and I assume we will have the chance to re-capture the Dogs maybe after this as well? ( Suggestion Thread )

Something like this may be being worked on (being recatchable)

It would be based on u releasing ur old ones (this is something we can check now btw)

Don't worry, all mine have been too, even my raikou, suicune and entei were [Censored] XD

U defo will not get a sync 100% chance and 15+ IVs, else PvP will just be legendary spam. however one of the team is working on a solution that will be both manageable and will please players. I don't want to go into any more detail than that as i don't want to spoil their work.

I was thinking the game could possibly not improve how fair it is, since there was no room to improve, but I was wrong. The game shows us the true definition of "fair" when you see people linking their legendary dogs in chat while you have to wait 44 days, because they were worthy of obtaining their dogs instantly while you weren't.

1 Win now + 3x 12 days = 36 days, not sure where those 44 days are coming from and for your information I didn't get the Dog as well on my first try (I only got the dog duo to the bug with the dialog spamming).

It also seems that some people were able to obtain more than one dog and those who don't release one of them will be banned. I'm sure that this is not a bug and instead, it was an intended feature which further confirms the worthiness of a player.

It was a bug duo Arnie putting in the "swap-NPC" after he announced that the Dogs will be able to have their Event moves (e.g Entei with Extreme Speed).

The bug itself was fixed pretty quick and only the person who discovered the bug had two dogs (4 people were attempting it though). The person kept the better dog and released the other, nobody was banned.

[mention]BYF11[/mention]

The majority of my posts in the past 1-2 months were in Playground/General Support/Meet & Greet and yeah it's true that I had a few salt posts here and there but those are certainly not the majority of my posts.

Sad to see you visit the forum like once every 1-2 months.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day/night.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

[mention]PreHax[/mention]

Ok, so are you implying that the fact that you have over 9000 comments here makes your opinion more valid than mine? No dude, sorry, you are toxic, and your happy facade doesn't help you at all. Link to your comment history all you want, it doesn't change the fact that you don't provide any constructive commentary here.

[mention]BYF11 [/mention] I didn't say that at all but yeah say what you want :D I just gave a "constructive" comment and gave an answer to everything cham. mentioned meh read posts first. :) There is also no need to argue with a total stranger over it. Enjoy your day. (linked my post history not to show off my posts rather to show that those aren't "only" toxic as you claim they are)

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

I mean it could be DragonSlayerx212321 or you' date=' wouldn't matter to me. I wasn't aiming to personally attack you[/quote']

It was a personal attack towards the creator of this topic, whether it was me or somebody else. That's the issue, not it being aimed towards me. You should've posted those facts/quotes earlier.

_______

the 12.5% was me trying to moderate how many entered the game at once

because why should people get something so easily?

Arnie - Yesterday at 01:46

its supposed to be a challenge

Arnie - Yesterday at 01:47

if it was just 'oh, here u go, have a legendary pokemon', what would be the point? u may as well be playing some browser based [Censored] like Pokemon Lake or Volcano or whatever s*** it was called

I did not see this before. Thanks for sharing. I don't understand the first post at all and how it benefits him/the game. Care to explain?

Also do you sincerely think 750 hours + a quest is "so easy"? Well I can tell you that it's definitely not "oh, here u go, have a legendary pokemon". Why are Mew and Celebi so easy then? Would be fun reading Arnie's thoughts on that.

The same issue was there with Mew/Celeib/Jirachi and? We will have the chance to re-capture those soon and I assume we will have the chance to re-capture the Dogs maybe after this as well?

The same issue was addressed by me several times before. And even though I like Thor's stance about re-catching legendaries, I do not want to speak based on assumptions just yet. Also worth mentioning is the irony right here in the topic you linked, which was just 2 weeks ago:

U defo will not get a sync 100% chance and 15+ IVs, else PvP will just be legendary spam.

However, soon it looks like you'll be able to IV re-roll, which is worse. And all we've seen from him is defend IV re-rolls.

1 Win now + 3x 12 days = 36 days' date=' not sure where those 44 days are coming from and for your information I didn't get the Dog as well on my first try (I only got the dog duo to the bug with the dialog spamming).[/quote']

Ah, apologies for that miscalculation. Still, if you don't win or you know, if server crashes or anything, it's 44 days. Let's call it 36 days for the sake of it. Still unnecessary since there's a 750 hour requirement + quest (even though it might be a short one).

It was a bug duo Arnie putting in the "swap-NPC" after he announced that the Dogs will be able to have their Event moves (e.g Entei with Extreme Speed).

The bug itself was fixed pretty quick and only the person who discovered the bug had two dogs (4 people were attempting it though). The person kept the better dog and released the other, nobody was banned.

Good to know it's fixed. The person had 2 shots at getting his dog, but I won't call it unfair since bugs do happen. He was lucky to spot it. :P However, it was still disappointing to see this even though the mistake was from his side:

1KpmjD5.png

Glad that he's fixed it rather quickly though, gotta hand it to him. Could've caused a bigger mess.

[mention]chameleon[/mention] Not gonna quote by quote everything again, just gonna apologies for the misunderstanding then. It's not my job to explain requirements as I don't make them and yes I was upset about the "random spawn" as well, my guild members can tell. I won't call Celebi easy as 120 Evo's aren't easy to do, those kind of things are meant to be challenging/time consuming. I can for sure say some people will make posts about Sinnoh's requirements and even more posts about Sinnoh's Legendary requirements. The quote from Thor was regarding "guaranteed" stuff and IV-rerolls are still not a guaranteed success for a good pokemon. I am pretty sure that it is not an assumption ". however one of the team is working on a solution that will be both manageable and will please players. I don't want to go into any more detail than that as i don't want to spoil their work.".

The bug with catching two Dogs was duo to Arnie being nice and implementing a re-choose NPC for the bells, which he didn't have to do but still did, mistakes happen. :)

1 Win now + 3x 12 days = 36 days, not sure where those 44 days are coming from

.....ah yeah, you're right, the last 11 days should not be counted as that's the guarantee encounter one, no need to wait for the legend anymore. So it's actually just 11 + 11 + 11.

Still wish they reduced the wait until you get the legend, though

[mention]PreHax[/mention] Well, thanks for your contribution in this topic. Just wanna fix something though, I was unable to explain myself with the "assumption" part. I was meaning to say "I can't assume the re-catching mechanics/quest (w/e) will be satisfactory", my bad. I still appreciate the effort, like I did when dogs were announced, but good effort doesn't always result in a good execution.

Have a nice day.

[mention]Starlight[/mention] The CD is 12 days, just the cooldown thing shows 11 days as it is already counting down like 11 days 23 hours and 55 minutes

I guess you have to wait 12/24 or 36 days to get your guaranteed Dog, which in the End isn't too bad I guess, at least we have the 100% encounter thingy after 4 wins. :D

[mention]chameleon[/mention] Yeah well, that's true and I can see people complaining after the second chance as well but hey come on, MMO's aren't meant to be easy.

I just wanted to notice 2 things.

[mention]PreHax[/mention], u just said Celebi isn't so easy because u need get all those evos, and it's challenging / timeconsuming. But hey! Celebi quest is actually a req of Legendary Beasts quest, so you can't get a nice / crap doggy without getting this cute onion before. Also gettin 750hours is also kind of challenge for some people also (ofc. i like things like xxxHrs to get a legend / something. Just to don't let run every newbie with it).

And every boss give u chance for guaranted poke what u wish from his rewards (not every, if i'm not wrong at all, but shshs), after 3rd win. So why these guardians needs to be 4? It's like servers are great. And imagine if someone will just be rekted by server in last fight, and if will be enough unlucky, he will need few more wins to get it. Actually that's the worst thing in it (in my opinion at all). I would more like to see just makin quest longer, what need something more from players after getting Celebi and Bell, but with guaranted encounter of dogey. What need more effort etc, not just "let's see if u are lucky to get this at 1st time or maybe just at 4th".

Actually that thing makes getting dogs easy, because u just need rekt a bosses. It's not hard, it's just time consuming in totally lame way.