Suggestion about Cooldown

Namelesshero27

I support this suggesstion. It can be annoying having to remember everytime at what time you did the dig spots, etc.

Changing the cooldowns like suggested in the OP would be a great way to use a daily routine for this type of things.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20min can change everything. I write all my cooldowns on Excel to be there exactly at the timer every days. But even with that, when i start doing my digs the morning for example, fews weeks later i have to do my digs the night :x because every days i lose 2-3min on some digs or others and it makes me change my timer.

Yeah, it's impossible that we'll spend the exact same time in every routine cycle, because each tree/digspot/excavation object, will yield different result each time, and that affects the timing.

For example, today we finished Natural Site in 2 minutes because almost all the excavation objects only yield items with only one yield a Pokemon encounter. Tomorrow it can take more than 5 minutes because all of them yield a Pokemon we want to catch.

Personally, I'm not a fan of hour-based cooldown for dailies. The problem is that they force us to keep a routine, and if we break that routine one day and do it a couple hours later, you end up having to keep up a completely different and probably undesired routine, or skip a day to return to your routine.

I've played a game that had a lot of daily activities. How they handled it was that every day at a specific time, all dailies reset. Quests and Bosses that you can challenge 1-3 times per day, gets reset. Daily mission, gets reset. Certain activities cycle and change at that specific time too. It was all set to happen at 5 AM, when pretty much everyone is sleeping.

I think such a system would be beneficial for PRO. You wouldn't need to keep a daily routine, you'd just need to do your dailies at any time during the day. If you usually do something in the morning, but you're too busy a certain day, you can simply do it in the evening, and the next day you can return to morning.

Now, at which time the daily reset happens, I don't think it matters too much. The game I was talking was aimed for a japanese audience, so for me, it was actually happening in the middle of the day, at 3-4 PM, and it didn't really change anything. It could also be possible to let the player set the time manually, with restrictions if the player wants to change that time.

214157603_sayumigrowlithesignature.png.4a2a82daf244704d7e1e67f4faf14065.png

Personally, I'm not a fan of hour-based cooldown for dailies. The problem is that they force us to keep a routine, and if we break that routine one day and do it a couple hours later, you end up having to keep up a completely different and probably undesired routine, or skip a day to return to your routine.

I've played a game that had a lot of daily activities. How they handled it was that every day at a specific time, all dailies reset. Quests and Bosses that you can challenge 1-3 times per day, gets reset. Daily mission, gets reset. Certain activities cycle and change at that specific time too. It was all set to happen at 5 AM, when pretty much everyone is sleeping.

I think such a system would be beneficial for PRO. You wouldn't need to keep a daily routine, you'd just need to do your dailies at any time during the day. If you usually do something in the morning, but you're too busy a certain day, you can simply do it in the evening, and the next day you can return to morning.

Now, at which time the daily reset happens, I don't think it matters too much. The game I was talking was aimed for a japanese audience, so for me, it was actually happening in the middle of the day, at 3-4 PM, and it didn't really change anything. It could also be possible to let the player set the time manually, with restrictions if the player wants to change that time.

Like Solaceon quest? I would like that too

Resetting all cooldowns at a set time is impossible due to how the game works. I'm going to think of a few changes around the overall daily farming experience but don't expect crazy cooldown changes. We still got to keep the game balanced, however i'm going to do my best to enhance the comfort for people who do their daily routine (this was already in my plans before reading this thread tbh). Minor changes will come in the few upcoming weeks.

• 1 month later...